Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Gun

DocMedic

It was decent. The shoot-off was like a chunk of swiss cheese though. You could almost see they were a tad embarassed about what they were doing. Gary James is a great guy and quite the historian, but a shooter on a level with Seeklander...no way. Mike is a very good instructor as well and I felt like they wasted his talent with the role he was in. Colby was pretty amusing and showed some personality. I think I like it better than Top Shot, but there was nothing really new as I have shot all of the weapons they had. I'd give it a C, primarily because it could have been SO much better.

I was surprised that Colby is a pretty good shot.

I wondered about that when watching the Top Shot show. When I saw this, I figured that he either had to be fairly good or they were going to be shooting fish in a barrel. No way would they put him out there otherwise.

Now, if it were Mike Rowe - that would be interesting. That man has no shame and will try anything once.

I caught that too. I don't know anyone who shoots an M4 in 3G. It's not due to cost either. Salient and Benny guns cost another grand. It was funny. My wife asked me which one of the three guns I liked best. I picked the Nova for it's sheer versatility. A 24" Nova can be inexpensively deployed for hunting, competition, clays and home defense. It's the most reliable and the easiest to load. The poll showed the M4 as the favorite.

OK, maybe it's me but testing shotguns by shooting slugs at concrete blocks says almost nothing about the shotgun but a fair amount about slugs.

In all honesty they had two shot barrel shotguns that were good for CQB and a bird gun. End. No more comparison needed.

This was little more than a one hour Benelli commercial.

It was Kindergarten shotgun basics 101. Pretty nice product placement for Benelli, though. I did have to laugh when they talked about the "soft shooting" Vinci and the video showed them rocked back on there heels shooting trap loads. :D

I also noticed the blooper where they showed the clips of the military breaching doors with the M4. The last thing the soldier did before the clip cut out was rack the slide. Can you rack the slide on an M4?

My god what a giggly little fest that show was last night! Just about tossed dinner.sick.gif

Watched it all though.ph34r.gif Funny how guys will always try to show off to impress women.roflol.gif

I was amazed to hear that S&W is the "first gun company to be able to make a 1911 work in 9mm".

I guess the Springfields, Kimbers and STIs.... what, didn't work? or something?

I was amazed to hear that S&W is the "first gun company to be able to make a 1911 work in 9mm".

I guess the Springfields, Kimbers and STIs.... what, didn't work? or something?

1st to make it work reliably without major mag issues or gun issues requiring it to be sent back every 6 months? yes.

I have an m&p pro 1911 in 9mm with external extractor... 10 or 15k rounds through it, without one issue with Wilson 10 round mags.

Can't say the same for my friends shooting kimbers and springfields. lol.