Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 or MP Pro

aci

I've been looking at and reading about both the Glock and the M&P for like 2 weeks now. I sold my G17 to fund this... So here goes: I've started shooting USPSA- just barely and I'm looking for a pistol to grow with. Right now I'm thinking production because I want to get good at reloads. I have a G19(4th gen pos) and a G23 as well. I also have 4-5 G17 mags just lying around. I've shot the M&P Pro a couple of times and I'd image that the G34 shoots like a longer G17, but I haven't shot one yet.

Here's the thing I tend to pull my shots down and left with the larger frame Glocks... Which means I need more practice- but I'm also wondering if a lighter trigger pull would help that. I realize it could be me squeezing my whole hand or finger placement on the trigger. If I get the 34 I'm going to put new sights in and do trigger work- the M&P comes with a better trigger and sites out of the box. I'm not really considered about the price because I'm only like 200 off one way or the other.

So I guess I'm looking for advice and guidance... Thanks in advance.

Why did you sell the 17? Perfect Production gun. The G34 is a tested gun and and excellent 3Gun pistol, too. Easy to do your own work. If you are shooting low left-grip or trigger pull off. Take some lessons from a good Glock shooter. Getting that grip right is crucial. The M+P isn't a bad gun.

I love my m&ps, much more natural feel then the glock, has been very reliable, and unlike the XDm its american made. Get some extra mags, an apex trigger kit, watch how to install it on youtube and youre ready to go.

OP> A plastic gun is a plastic gun; there is no special voodoo magic that makes one far superior to the other. It should be clear to you after reading this thread (as well as many others on the subject) that it all comes down to personal preference. Whichever firearm you choose will serve you quite well as long as you take the time to practice and become proficient with it.

I found an MP Pro 9mm nib locally for a good price that I'm going to pick up. I'll be money ahead even after mags, and I won't lose a ton if I end up upgrading after a year or two.

Thanks for all the input! I'm liking this forum a lot, much more... um informed then other forums that will remain nameless. :)