Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

Yep, looking forward to the match in less than 2 weeks! Hope Phil was able to order that 75 degree weather like last year :goof: And nope no changes needed, I love the match as is, thank you!

Noticed drop dead fred 2 appears to have polish plate racks instead of stars this year. Anyone have tips or videos they suggest for someone who has never shot one before?

Edited by Tim/GA

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to post.

Just FYI, to anyone who may be interested in showing up to shoot without pre-registering, the Sunday Limited match (7:30am - 12:00pm) is full with a waitlist. The Sunday Open match (1:00pm - 5:30pm) only has one slot left. Sat Lim and Open have 17 and 43 slots left respectively.

Since it is possible that your match application may not make it here by the time we leave for Florida, please scan and email a copy of your match application to proamshooting@cox.net. You can pay when you arrive...remember, both matches Sunday will be full as soon as my mail arrives today I suspect.

I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Phil Strader

www.proamshooting.com

Noticed drop dead fred 2 appears to have polish plate racks instead of stars this year. Anyone have tips or videos they suggest for someone who has never shot one before?

Shoot the plates...really fast!!! In all seriousness, if the rack starts spinning, shoot off the top most plates to keep the weight as close to the ground as possible. I know, easier said than done once the thing starts spinning. You might get freaked out the first time or 2 you shoot one, but after that, it is no big deal.

Search for a vid of Blake at the MS Classic. He cleaned it before it even moved.

It's almost time! Weather is looking better than last year also. :)

I am working the match. If you did not get this worked out you can ship it to me at work and I can bring it over. PM me if you are interested.

The USPSA match at the range Sunday was a nice teaser for this match I am ready!! :cheers:

I am working the match. If you did not get this worked out you can ship it to me at work and I can bring it over. PM me if you are interested.

The USPSA match at the range Sunday was a nice teaser for this match I am ready!! :cheers:

Think you got the wrong guy. You might PM Mike to make sure he got his ammo shipped.

At the end is a guy shooting it pretty well. It really isn't that hard

Charlie!

Think you got the wrong guy. You might PM Mike to make sure he got his ammo shipped.

I got it handled--hopefully it will be waiting for me at the motel when I check in on Friday! Thanks anyway.

I got out here this evening, plan to watch a bit in the morning and then I shoot Sat Pm and Sunday Am.

For those guys who have already seen/shot the stages, were there any major changes from the proposed stages?