Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Introducing PractiScore

Brian N.

We shot a Time Plus match yesterday. I had set up the match with 6 stages but we did not get to shoot the 6th stage. When I went to view results they were shown in the shooter order for the 6th stage. After I deleted the 6th stage they came up correct execpt the stage rankings were listed in alphabetical order for every stage. This is on a Android platform, version 1.0.14.

Any ideas how to correct the stage rankings?

Could you please email me your exported match *.psc file? I'll take a look.

Just sent to support@practiscore.com

Thanks,

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have not seen any complaints, but has anyone found any issues using the .14 Android version and the current iOS version. Ran my match today with the current iOS version and the last Android version that I knew would work, just in case. As usual, it was FANTASTIC. God I love PS.

Mark K.

I would like to make a couple of feature requests to the Android version......

(1) When scoring a shooter most of the time you input the stage time, then score the targets. On the bottom of the target scoring page there is "Back" or "Save". Can we add a "Review Score" button to the bottom of the target scoring page which will take you to the detailed summary page? Then on the detailed summary page add a "Save" button. This will allow the score keeper and shooter to review the data input before its actually saved and also reduce the number of clicks needed to run through the process. As it is today you have to enter the time, score the targets, then go back to the time page and click on Review Score then click on "Detailed" to actually see the input data, then go back and save the score. This whole process can be optimized if the process of scoring leads you right into the detailed summary for review then allowing the ability to save the score from that point.

(2) Move or change the "DQ" button. Currently the DQ button is right below the save button which in its self is a poor location. Can the location of the DQ button be changed? If the location can't be changed can we change the functionality of the DQ button so that it requires a press and hold for X seconds before it prompts for the validation and accept of the DQ? Having a press and hold for the DQ button would eliminate a lot of fat finger scenarios where the score keeper is intending to press the save button but hits the DQ button instead.

(3) On the stage squad list could we add a "Detailed Summary" button on the competitor line? Currently each competitor is listed as "Incomplete" or their Hit Factor and time are listed. It never fails that a shooter wants to see their score after their score has been saved and other shooters have already been scored. As it currently is, you have to go back into the shooters score and click on the "Detailed Summary" screen to see the results. The risky thing about this is that once you are back in the shooters score you can edit anything at any time, which is not very secure. If a "Detailed Summary" button is added to the main squad list page for the shooters who have saved scores this will allow people to quickly, and safely, review their or other competitors scores without disrupting the normal flow of scoring or risking editing a shooters score on accident.

I have question to PractiScore users who using android platform (including Nooks). When scoring shooters, the scored squad/shooter list has two lines for each row. The first one has shooter name and division and second one is showing hit factor, squad and time (if stage is complete).

Is font used for that second line easy to read for you? Please specify what device you are using.

We use Nook Simple Touch devices. The font showing the hit factor definitely should be bigger.

The hit factor is important for the scorekeeper to verify that the shooter's score was entered correctly. On a related point, another protection for erroneous scoring was suggested quite a while ago. When the scoring for a shooter on a particular stage has been opened, any attempt to exit the scoring session should verify that the score is correct in form (i.e., a hit factor was generated) or clearly warn that the score is incomplete and require a verification of intent to leave the session. In other words, if the time is entered and the targets have the correct number of hits/misses recorded, the session can simply close; if time is missing or a target has too many or not enough hits, a popup should appear saying "Scoring is not complete; exit anyway?"

Edited by austex

I would like to make a couple of feature requests to the Android version......

(1) When scoring a shooter most of the time you input the stage time, then score the targets. On the bottom of the target scoring page there is "Back" or "Save". Can we add a "Review Score" button to the bottom of the target scoring page which will take you to the detailed summary page? Then on the detailed summary page add a "Save" button. This will allow the score keeper and shooter to review the data input before its actually saved and also reduce the number of clicks needed to run through the process. As it is today you have to enter the time, score the targets, then go back to the time page and click on Review Score then click on "Detailed" to actually see the input data, then go back and save the score. This whole process can be optimized if the process of scoring leads you right into the detailed summary for review then allowing the ability to save the score from that point.

(2) Move or change the "DQ" button. Currently the DQ button is right below the save button which in its self is a poor location. Can the location of the DQ button be changed? If the location can't be changed can we change the functionality of the DQ button so that it requires a press and hold for X seconds before it prompts for the validation and accept of the DQ? Having a press and hold for the DQ button would eliminate a lot of fat finger scenarios where the score keeper is intending to press the save button but hits the DQ button instead.

(3) On the stage squad list could we add a "Detailed Summary" button on the competitor line? Currently each competitor is listed as "Incomplete" or their Hit Factor and time are listed. It never fails that a shooter wants to see their score after their score has been saved and other shooters have already been scored. As it currently is, you have to go back into the shooters score and click on the "Detailed Summary" screen to see the results. The risky thing about this is that once you are back in the shooters score you can edit anything at any time, which is not very secure. If a "Detailed Summary" button is added to the main squad list page for the shooters who have saved scores this will allow people to quickly, and safely, review their or other competitors scores without disrupting the normal flow of scoring or risking editing a shooters score on accident.

Big +1. Also need the random by stage change pretty please.

Love practiscore - I'll love it more with these little changes!

In other words, if the time is entered and the targets have the correct number of hits/misses recorded, the session can simply close; if time is missing or a target has too many or not enough hits, a popup should appear saying "Scoring is not complete; exit anyway?"

+1!

The only mistakes we've seen with Practiscore have been when the person with the device left off a target or the time. FWIW, this same error happens with paper as well, but a reminder from Practiscore might make fixing it easier than a reshoot.

Great ap!

BB

We use Nook Simple Touch devices. The font showing the hit factor definitely should be bigger.

The trade off with a bigger font is it will make list of names more cluttered and harder to pick the names out...

I also wonder if we should even shoe the hit factor. There is no such thing shown on paper score sheets and it does not necessarily guarantee that scores are entered correctly.

The only mistakes we've seen with Practiscore have been when the person with the device left off a target or the time. FWIW, this same error happens with paper as well, but a reminder from Practiscore might make fixing it easier than a reshoot.

Consider it as a Christmas present. :)

But back to my question, I take you have no issues reading the second line in the scoring shooters list?

I also wonder if we should even shoe the hit factor. There is no such thing shown on paper score sheets and it does not necessarily guarantee that scores are entered correctly.

I think showing the HF on the list screen is a good idea - it verifies that a time was entered, and gives a good quick reference to verify that it's in the right ball park.

I think showing the HF on the list screen is a good idea - it verifies that a time was entered, and gives a good quick reference to verify that it's in the right ball park.

But it is a false assumption in general, it doesn't necessarily verify that.

Besides, there is an indicator on the right side that stage result is incomplete. I guess we can also change the row color in this case...

We use the hit factor as the indicator that the shooter has completed the stage...at least enough to give the hit factor...assuming its correct. before we move onto the next stage, the scorekeeper reviews the list of shooters to ensure everyone shot it...then moves on.

It's also the number competitive shooters are most interest in. I really don't care if I ran the stage as fast or got as many As as the guy I'm trying to beat. I want to know if I beat him!

It's also the number competitive shooters are most interest in. I really don't care if I ran the stage as fast or got as many As as the guy I'm trying to beat. I want to know if I beat him!

You will have to translate this for me. :)

Highest HF wins. Fastest time or most points not necessarily but most points the fastest does.

Highest HF wins. Fastest time or most points not necessarily but most points the fastest does.

Naturally. But it is completely unrelated to the scoring completeness. There are results screen for checking the results. I wouldn't mix those two...

But it is a false assumption in general, it doesn't necessarily verify that.

Besides, there is an indicator on the right side that stage result is incomplete. I guess we can also change the row color in this case...

...on a B&W screen? :)

When we go to score targets in a Comstock Stage. The Target #s don't seam to be rendering on our Nooks. You can tap on where they should be and it clears the row like it should, but you can't see which target # it is. Do we have some setting wrong?

Bob

Edited by Glock27

When we go to score targets in a Comstock Stage. The Target #s don't seam to be rendering on our Nooks. You can tap on where they should be and it clears the row like it should, but you can't see which target # it is. Do we have some setting wrong?

I haven't run into this one yet. Our target numbers appear.

There are no such setting. I've added fix for this glitch for 1.0.15 version.