Brian N.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rob & Mark - thanks. Understood.

We WANT feedback. The cool part of the PractiScore project is that it's being done by professional software folks who make other software for many tens of thousands of other people. We use the same techniques in our "real" jobs - and we VALUE feedback. As long as everybody knows this is our side gig, it's all good.

Thanks!

Ken N.

Ken,

Do you have any idea when the Steel Challenge part of Practiscore will get worked on...putting the miss penalties on each string and calculating results with dropping the longest string? I know we have a work around for it, but was just wondering.

Nothing exact...but a ballpark timeframe?

Thanks,

Mark R

I only have one feature request of the software, and that is that the current android version doesn't seem to warn you you are leaving the scoring screen without entering a time. My volunteer types were getting all sorts of not happy about that and one shooter got screwed by a scorekeeper not paying attention.

Already done in 1.0.14.

There were some other issues, but as far as I cna tell they are bugs, since the documentation implies they should behave differently than they do.

Any specifics?

Yes, everyone defaulted to squad zero rather than squad one. The docs say it should be one. EWS won't take zero.

Other issue(s) were that something was up with either import of the masternames db, or autocomplete. First shooter of the day I go to register, autocomplete finds them, go to pick their division, and there are no choices. Couldn't complete that guy on that device. Late arrival who is in masternames, I try to enter him on all four devices in the pits, and only one of four has him. All devices imported the same reg.txt from the same sd card. Our masternames is 1755 people if that matters.

Export to sd card was completely broken. If I tried export match the device gave me an error about failing to zip things up. If I tried to export scores, I got an archive that was not usable by winrar, filzip, 7zip, etc. The windows exporter tool was what I eventually used.

I only have one feature request of the software, and that is that the current android version doesn't seem to warn you you are leaving the scoring screen without entering a time. My volunteer types were getting all sorts of not happy about that and one shooter got screwed by a scorekeeper not paying attention. There were some other issues, but as far as I cna tell they are bugs, since the documentation implies they should behave differently than they do.

Until we get that feature, this can be largely addressed by adopting the practice of when you call out the next shooter, bring him up on the system and then go directly into the time entry panel. If there are penalties during the stage, the combination of the RO and the scorekeeper will have to remember those, but having the "enter time" screen already up will almost certainly guarantee you'll get a time entered.

Time Plus gives IDPA Divisions. We need USPSA Divisions for Multi-Gun too! Perhaps a branch when choosing Time Plus?

Divisions should be editable, so you can make them anything you want.

Though there is a bug on Android that doesn't allow to edit these divisions.

Does PractiScore save or is there an option to save data to an external card? My thought is that if a scoring device would get destroyed mid match, to just pop out the card and install into a backup device.

There is an old feature request to automatically backup match data to external card. I guess it is mostly relevant for Android version (given that there is no external cards for ios devices, unless you use a special adapter).

In a mean time you can export match. On android there is an option to export to external SD card. Also, on both platforms you can sync match to multiple devices. So, usually a good idea to pull scores during the match from active devices to a master device or to a special backup device. You'll need a wifi, and simple solution is to use portable wifi router/hotspot. There are some materials on that at https://practiscore.com/support

So if I'm at a match using this and I have the app on my phone can i see the results on my phone?

If the range has Wi-Fi, Yes! You have to have the Synch Code from the Club's master device and then you can pull all the results.

Bob

I urge all USPSA members to ask your Area Directors to fully embrace PractiScore. I talked to mine at length. They should sure help fund this project. Having one app to score USPSA, Multi-Gun, Steel Challenge and IDPA is truly a breakthrough. Electronic scoring is the future.

I'm looking for a Practiscore guru, and you know who you are, who might be interested in taking the weekend stats job for Area 1.

You will shoot Wed/Thu, with Devin, iOS engineer for PractiScore, handling stats. He will then work with you Fri on the main match, and optionally Sat if needed.

Somebody with extensive large match PractiScore experience would be the best fit. Contact me at kn@kennelson.com

This is a staff position, you get free match, hotel, free banquet, and other perks as I invent them for the staff. I don't have budget for travel, apologies. But if you can get here, we can treat you right (-:

Thanks,

Ken N.

Time Plus gives IDPA Divisions. We need USPSA Divisions for Multi-Gun too! Perhaps a branch when choosing Time Plus?

Divisions should be editable, so you can make them anything you want.

Though there is a bug on Android that doesn't allow to edit these divisions.

I am just now playing with this and am running on a iPhone but do not see a way to edit the divisions. Am I missing something ?

Edited by PHolsted

I only have one feature request of the software, and that is that the current android version doesn't seem to warn you you are leaving the scoring screen without entering a time. My volunteer types were getting all sorts of not happy about that and one shooter got screwed by a scorekeeper not paying attention. There were some other issues, but as far as I cna tell they are bugs, since the documentation implies they should behave differently than they do.

Until we get that feature, this can be largely addressed by adopting the practice of when you call out the next shooter, bring him up on the system and then go directly into the time entry panel. If there are penalties during the stage, the combination of the RO and the scorekeeper will have to remember those, but having the "enter time" screen already up will almost certainly guarantee you'll get a time entered.

The ".14" version seems to have this fixed.

We shot a Time Plus match yesterday. I had set up the match with 6 stages but we did not get to shoot the 6th stage. When I went to view results they were shown in the shooter order for the 6th stage. After I deleted the 6th stage they came up correct execpt the stage rankings were listed in alphabetical order for every stage. This is on a Android platform, version 1.0.14.

Any ideas how to correct the stage rankings?

We shot a Time Plus match yesterday. I had set up the match with 6 stages but we did not get to shoot the 6th stage. When I went to view results they were shown in the shooter order for the 6th stage. After I deleted the 6th stage they came up correct execpt the stage rankings were listed in alphabetical order for every stage. This is on a Android platform, version 1.0.14.

Any ideas how to correct the stage rankings?

Could you please email me your exported match *.psc file? I'll take a look.