Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Securing gun while on vacation near match

Guess I'm not going on a disney cruise anytime soon. I'm sure it's because of int waters but still they don't have to be like that.

You can mail it to yourself a mentioned earlier.

NOTE: You CAN NOT mail it. Must go Fed Ex or UPS. If Frank says OK, make sure you ship to yourself in care of Frank Garcia. Be real careful to do this correctly.

Here is the LINK to the BATF FAQ section

Bound to be a forum member around there somewhere who can watch it for you and meet you when you get back? I think I would leave my gun with an established forum member before I left it with anybody else.cheers.gif

Last time we shot the Florida Open, we went on vacation afterward. Found a gunshop/range in Orlando that held indoor matches at their range and they stored our guns for a reasonable fee (they did not ask for the fee but we paid them anyway). Worked out great. In and out privileges whenever they were open - and we shot their match. Universal during the day.

Edited by Paul B

Guess I'm not going on a disney cruise anytime soon. I'm sure it's because of int waters but still they don't have to be like that.

You can mail it to yourself a mentioned earlier.

NOTE: You CAN NOT mail it. Must go Fed Ex or UPS. If Frank says OK, make sure you ship to yourself in care of Frank Garcia. Be real careful to do this correctly.

Here is the LINK to the BATF FAQ section

When I say "mail" I don't mean post office, I mean any form of carrier. Perhaps that was the confusion.

B9) May a nonlicensee ship firearms interstate for his or her use in hunting or other lawful activity?

Yes. A person may ship a firearm to himself or herself in care of another person in the State where he or she intends to hunt or engage in any other lawful activity. The package should be addressed to the owner. Persons other than the owner should not open the package and take possession of the firearm.

Edited by want2race

I live on the Spacecoast near the cruise terminals. We have two great FFL's in the area a few miles from the terminal that if you call maybe will help you out. Steve at Gunsite and Johnathan at RedShootingInc, both are stand up guys and have been around for a long time. They both have storefronts and secure facilities. Gunsite host weekly combat shoots and RedDot is a FL Open sponsor so if any FFL's are willing to help it will be them. Hope that helps, but yeah don't bring guns to Port Canaveral. Federal property and not the most secure area. Don't leave anything of value in your car. Also, don't leave boxes bags or anything someone might smash a window for thinking it might be of value. I had window smashed and my gym bag stolen at the port. Guess they really wanted my old smelly clothes.

I don't think the pawn shop idea will work. You might need to prove Florida residency to get it back.

Several of the storage places locally also have security lockers for high dollar stuff. Rental is by the month and the units are accessible only through their offices and all units are hooked up to their alarm system.

Bill

Ok, I may have come up with an option. I called my buddy who is an officer for Port Canaveral Police Department. He is going to check with the department to see if they can work something out. I'll post the agency number and contact info if he gets approval.

Edited by OperationHitFactor

If all that you have planned so far does not work out, PM or email me and I will help you figure out something secure with a cop down that way. ESp if your cruse leaves out of Miami.

Edited by CMV

If all that you have planned so far does not work out, PM or email me and I will help you figure out something secure with a cop down that way. ESp if your cruse leaves out of Miami.

This community never ceases to amaze me.

:cheers:

+1000, that place is the best. No other forums I have dealt with comes even remotely close.

I think I have a plan. I truly appreciate all the help. If anyone ever needs help from someone in Maryland please don't hesitate to contact me.

FWIW, last year I drove down to the Port of Jacksonville to take the family on a cruise. Once I was already inside the gate I saw the sigh that said no firearms (or weapons...don't remember). I told the girl at the gate that I had a couple guns in the car and asked if I should just go park in the other lot outside the gate? She said no, just park over there and we'll have one of our officers come talk to you. He was cool, unloaded them, ran the serial numbers, then said to leave them unlocked in the console of the truck and have a nice cruise. I wouldn't count on being that lucky and wouldn't suggest bringing guns into a port area like some dufus did.

+1000, that place is the best. No other forums I have dealt with comes even remotely close.

I think I have a plan. I truly appreciate all the help. If anyone ever needs help from someone in Maryland please don't hesitate to contact me.

I meant to say THIS place is the best...can't seem to edit it now.

FWIW, last year I drove down to the Port of Jacksonville to take the family on a cruise. Once I was already inside the gate I saw the sigh that said no firearms (or weapons...don't remember). I told the girl at the gate that I had a couple guns in the car and asked if I should just go park in the other lot outside the gate? She said no, just park over there and we'll have one of our officers come talk to you. He was cool, unloaded them, ran the serial numbers, then said to leave them unlocked in the console of the truck and have a nice cruise. I wouldn't count on being that lucky and wouldn't suggest bringing guns into a port area like some dufus did.

Yeah, you sounded VERY lucky.

Yeah, you sounded VERY lucky.

He was a good guy. When he went to get them out of the console I told him that they were loaded and he told me, "They wouldn't be much good if there weren't."