Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My son joined the Marines

juan

Fellow Marine here. It will change his life forever. Since your in CA, I assume he is going to San Diego (Hollywood Marine). He will understand what that is later..lol

When does he leave for training?

He leaves in october.

I myself did 15 years in the Corps,

maybe were starting the generations of family marines,

Semper Fi future Teufel Hunden Dad!! !

Hardest job in The Corps is being a Marine Mom or Dad.

WHen he graduates from boot camp get Mom the t-shirt that says "I may look harmless but I raised a US Marine!" Or "Marine Mom...toughest job in The Corps!"

Best advice to give him is for him to keep his mouth shut ears open and do whatever they tell him to immediately and without question.

Also NEVER be first...NEVER be last....do your best to be anonymous and you'll have a much better boot camp experience than those who get noticed the first day.

JK

Sgt USMC '78-'82

Semper Fi!

Around 1% of the US population is currently serving in the Armed Forces. This is the 1% that should be making the news - the 1% who are sacrificing so the other 99% can sleep safely at night.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those are standing guard.

Sergeant First Class, US Army, (Ret)

Tell him NOT to volunteer for anything when he gets there...lol. Staying Un-Noticed is key to graduation.

Learn and memorize the Marine and Naval rank structure. ... Enlisted and Officers.

Learn and memorize the general orders.

He should be good.

I went in July 27, 1972. I still remember 80 guys doing push ups and bends and thrusts in the handball court in the August sun. and teh hump from Edson Range to San Onofre (all the Hollywood Marines will know), and who could forget Mount MF. And I never refreted a minute of it. Other than my daughters, it is the proudest thng in my life. Semper Fi, Ooooooooooorah!

I was in the 25th ID back at the end of the 80s. We were all impressed with the Marines we did any type of exercises with. They would run through our barracks area running in formation in their BOOTS! Mile after mile in their BOOTS! You could hear them coming from a mile away. They carried a lot for infantry, and at that time the average marine was crossed trained in more weaponry than the average 11B or 12B. They know their stuff.. He will learn lots. Godspeed to him. Don't worry too much dad ;)