Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OPINION ON SP-01 BACKUP

SAMMY63

Well, thanks to you gentlemen on this forum and burningsquirrels, you have hooked me on CZ pistols. I am a confessed x-glock owner.

I have a tactical sport 40, sp-01 shadow, both have been tricked out by angus. I wanted to buy a back up for production so i bought one of the new SP-01.(actually i just figured my income tax out and wanted to get another gun before the wife spent the refund, or even new about it).

it being just a back up gun i really didn't want to spend a lot of money tricking it out.

what would be the minimum i should do, in you guys opinion?

thanks, and yes i am a nube, and thanks to this forum and cz pistols i am having me a good old time.

good shooting

My competition gun is a 75 Shadow - just as it came from the custom shop, with a new set of VZ grips. My backup also is a 75 Shadow. Again, the only change is a different set of grips.

I sort of figured that my backup should be pretty much the same as my main gun.

Well, thanks to you gentlemen on this forum and burningsquirrels, you have hooked me on CZ pistols. I am a confessed x-glock owner.

I have a tactical sport 40, sp-01 shadow, both have been tricked out by angus. I wanted to buy a back up for production so i bought one of the new SP-01.(actually i just figured my income tax out and wanted to get another gun before the wife spent the refund, or even new about it).

it being just a back up gun i really didn't want to spend a lot of money tricking it out.

what would be the minimum i should do, in you guys opinion?

thanks, and yes i am a nube, and thanks to this forum and cz pistols i am having me a good old time.

good shooting

do something about the wife :roflol:

CZC competition hammer, 13lb hammer-spring AND extended firing pin OR just a 15lb hammer-spring, CGW reduced power firing pin spring, 11lb recoil-spring, CZC competition rear sight, Dawson Precision front sight

Other than a longer trigger-reset and ever-so-slightly heavier pull (the FPB means 2 more small springs to contend with), it'll end up very near as good as your Shadow.

trigger pull on a fpb gun can be made equal to a Shadow/85Combat gun.

the reset can be adjusted to be close, but it will still be slightly longer than a Shadow/85C gun

I agree. I have a CZ 75B in Stainless (w- FPB) that has nearly the same trigger pull (1-2 ounce difference) as my Angus CZ Custom SP01 Shadow. I used the CZ hammer, 13lb mainspring and lots of elbow grease.

trigger pull on a fpb gun can be made equal to a Shadow/85Combat gun.

the reset can be adjusted to be close, but it will still be slightly longer than a Shadow/85C gun

Man, I believe you and bet it can be done, but I've ruined 3 FPB lifters trying to figure it out to no avail and the only one I've felt where the trigger had been tuned by Angus and Co. (to the tune of $300 in trigger work) had a great pull, but while pretty short, it had a crappy, weak feeling reset, and if IIRC Angus told him that with FPB-equipped guns you can have a snappy, strong reset or a short reset, not both.

Please share the info if you care to though...

I shoot a Shadow in production. It has broken down on me twice in the last two months because I didn't replace the springs when I should have. My backup is a Glock 26 :roflol:

I've enjoyed shooting my 1911 while I wait for my Midway order. My advice- always have extra springs and maybe an extra take down lever. And a Glock for emergencies :)