Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame War 01-03-03

Flexmoney

I'll fill in for him.

I hate employees who act like team players and then hire their fiancees in violation of company policy (and my direct instructions to contrary) and then complain and threaten to sue when I fire them.

But wait, they hired the fiancee on paper and then half-ass the job themselves, effectively drawing two paychecks for one job.

They give the girlfriend a fake first name so she won't be noticed on payroll documents as the fiancee and then just keep drawing two F'ing checks.

THEN, they stop doing both jobs in the busiest damn time of the year, leaving orders unfilled and customers unhappy.

THEN, they apply at the F'ing STORE NEXT DOOR and try to get the whole staff to quit during Christmas, the whole time acting like they're on the team.

THEN, when caught red-handed through child-support and custody documents on company computers, have the gall to act like there really are two people with the same first initials and last name working at the same store BY COINCIDENCE.

Man I hate that guy.

Is this whole city corrupt?

SA

Sounds like fraud to me. But hey I bet the cops are real interested. NOT!

I had a false alarm call at the gunshop. The cops turn up (they are first on the call list), and grip when it takes me 15minutes to drive 12 miles to the shop. I point out that if I get caught driving fast to get here they will fine me, and with my record at present I can't afford anymore. The fact it actually took me 7 minutes was irrelevant as I had to get up get dressed, get the para out of the safe, in case it was a trap.

The funny part was they wanted in first and insisted I hand over the keys. I suggested that if they wanted to stay in the world of the hearing I will go in first and turn off the alarm and its insessant screaming. I use grade5 earmuffs for this little job. So in comes two dumb plod right behind me and they complain about the noise. The scary part was turning around after turning of the alarm to let them in and having a LOADED Glock point at my face. The dumb was pointing his pistol at the back of my head as we went in, worst part, guess where his finger was???????

YES on the go button, talk about go white. No sorry or nothing.

(dopey music guy" is overseas... Seoul.)

[flame mode on]

--The cable TV bill went up AGAIN!!!!!

--Posters who (regardless of their rights) include NO basic info about themselves or their location in their profiles!!!!

[/flame mode temporarily off]

Okay, since it's barely Monday, I guess I can still try to keep this Flame-Fest alive.

What is it with 30-40 mph winds that come out of nowhere? Why the hell do they last so damned long? Stupid Fontana, CA.

Then there's the 80 degree temperatures that we've had the last two days. Excuse me, maybe you didn't get the memo: IT'S THE BEGINNING OF @#$(*%(*&^@!) JANUARY!!!!! Bring back the 50's, please. Sheesh.

"Then there's the 80 degree temperatures that we've had the last two days. Excuse me, maybe you didn't get the memo: IT'S THE BEGINNING OF @#$(*%(*&^@!) JANUARY!!!!! Bring back the 50's, please. Sheesh."

That is the worst thing I've ever heard. On the borders of blasphemy. I'l take 80's any time over 20's and 30's 6 months out of the year that are the norm in MI.

El Nino is the culprit in California, for example... it's getting all the normal Oregon Coast winter weather (you don't want to live on the Oregon Coast--ever) as well as higher temps.  So have we, a little, had higher temps. Jet stream all skewwy.

I hate it that ammo is so expensive--even when it's cheap! And it feels like I'm about to run out of it ALL the time!! (Probably just an illusion, but made for a decent mini flame-rant). ...One can never have enough ammo!!!

:)

30-40 MPH winds are a light breeze around here in Kansas. We attribute it to the fact that New York sucks, and California blows! Kansas is just caught in the middle with nothing to break the wind.   And speaking of breaking wind, why is it some people riding in the same car wait till your gagging before they warn you, or open their window to evacuate the fumes???? And WHAT was so funny that they can't stop laughing...... and why does it seem like there are middle age men who go to the grocery store JUST to prepare the air for unsuspecting shoppers? I mean, I've identified the culprits, (they were the only ones laughing) and they are never carrying any groceries. Is this some kind of sordid hobby or something?? The world is truly a sick place....glad I'm just passing through!

DT--

How 'bout 'til Saturday at noon... some of us actually have day jobs NOT at gunshops and shooting ranges (unfortunately!) and stuff to do on Friday nights...

I tend to agree there should be some time limit or the novelty of The Ritual Flaming disappears if it's non-stop all week...