Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Check out the new online Dryfire drills!

Hi Guys, can you stop by www.burkettvideo.com and check out the new dryfire training drills I just built?

You will need Flash to view the files.

Hope you guys and gals have some fun with them! Please drop a note in the forums and tell me what you think. Any suggestions for new ones would be cool too. Spent all day figuring out the program and building these things.

BTW I also took most of my shooting tips and articles and put them in one .pdf file for download. It is also available at the Burkett Video site.

Thanks!

Matt

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It occurs to me that the visual cues on the draw drills could result in some bad habits"

Why? We are 40% slower with a visual reaction versus an auditory reaction. Figured this way people could turn off the sound and use the image or use just the sound or both. Probably should have had some explainer with it though. Hmmm.

Thinking of making a random "Shooter ready, standby, beep" Not sure how to randomize the beep in the 1-4 second range.

Matt,

Is it possible to adjust the "screen" dimensions automatically in Flash to accomodate what the user has available on their system (in VB, you can pull off the users' screen dimensions and adjust your graphics to fit)? I have a 1600x1200 screen and it would be nice to take advantage of it.

The swinger is an awesome idea. Might save me from building a swinger target....

Thinking of making a random "Shooter ready, standby, beep" Not sure how to randomize the beep in the 1-4 second range.

If you can execute code externally, it could be done locally on the user's system. A couple of guys here have already written and posted code to do exactly that.

Eric: try this: open the page in a new window (instead of the frame on Matt's page) then full-screen it and right-click on the animation and choose 'zoom-in'. All flash animations have that zoom-in feature enabled by default. You can even move it around the screen a bit. Not sure if that will work or not...

- Gabe

That's the coolest thing I've seen in a while Matt. ;)

Well done.

I like #2 swinger training.

Just when the swinger disapears behing cover, draw and engage the 2 poppers (pretending #1 popper is activator for swinger), then the stationary paper, then the swinger comes out with perfect timing. It can easily be done, but it's very important to watch your frontsite stop on EVERY target.

So I have one up with a part time, but, I have no way to time it right now. Can you check how long that is and post it up here?

I just figure out how to do it exactly, but I have to record the sounds and I don't have time right now.

If anyone wants to, send me an .aiff file of:

Verbal Shooter Ready - Standby

Beep off a pact timer

Repeat of above with beep off of pact time and 5 different par times .7, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 More wouldn't be bad ether.

Want to figure out how to randomize the beep. Anyone know if flash can do that? I can't use VB since it isn't cross platform.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt,

Are you going to replace my new 21 inch flat screen monitor I just shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You did not warn us to use an unload gun when doing your drill.

This was a brand new monitor I just purchased.

I am really concerned about your lack of instructions in this regard.

This happened before you put the disclaimer out there. You know full well.

That is the last time I am going to practice drying firing after drinking with you.

You owe me a new monitor--and I do not mean the lizard!.

21 inch Dell---not of this cult craze Apple stuff.

I just visited your site, anorther great stuff you made. I really enjoy the moving and swing.

I quite lucky for having a private office-room, so I plan to practice at my office from now on.

Big Thanks

Mai