Taylor

Wagler

Patchoros

Search

Cuccia

Nuttleman

Utzig

Vlastelica

Who ever is responsible, a big THANK YOU!!

Practicing pistol reloads today, and a good thing I did as I have a mag that is hanging up. I hope I have my ammo for the long range nailed down, will be testing tomorrow. My tests Tues were very disapointing at 400 yds, so back to the reloading bench.

Practicing pistol reloads today, and a good thing I did as I have a mag that is hanging up. I hope I have my ammo for the long range nailed down, will be testing tomorrow. My tests Tues were very disapointing at 400 yds, so back to the reloading bench.

I've been waiting all year for another "shot" at those 375 yard flashers (10" MGM if I remember correctly)!

I expect a much different outcome this year! :cheers:

David E.

http://www.usma.edu/uscc/dca/clubs/guns/match.html

"The final schedule will be posted by Monday, March 19th. Stage diagrams will not be posted this year, but the estimated minimum round count is 102 Pistol rounds, and 78 Rifle rounds (bring plenty of ammo!). Furthest shot will be between 3-400 yards, We are getting final approvals on 8 challenging stages utilizing rifle and pistol."

Always bring extra

Wish i had somewhere to practice past 100yards. Bring extra batteries for the timers.

Updates are up!

Friends, this will be an accuracy intensive match. Besides the obvious long rifle shots, I'll just say it will help to know where your pistol hits past 25 yards, and you may see a few close targets smaller than 6" x 6".

:o

Edited by cwt_match

Updates are up!

Friends, this will be an accuracy intensive match. Besides the obvious long rifle shots, I'll just say it will help to know where your pistol hits past 25 yards, and you may see a few close targets smaller than 6" x 6".

Why would you do that!

Most pistols and shooters are not capable of 25 and farther shots.

Takes all the fun out of it if you don't have a prayer of hitting anything.

In my opinion this will turn off a lot of shooters.

Why would you do that!

Most pistols and shooters are not capable of 25 and farther shots.

Takes all the fun out of it if you don't have a prayer of hitting anything.

In my opinion this will turn off a lot of shooters.

I think opinions will vary greatly on this. I welcome accuracy over speed.

Bring on the 4" plates at 25 yds!

David E.

Updates are up!

Excellent! I shot Hartford where we had a 100 yard pistol shot. That was a blast. Looking forward to it!

I'm shooting Sat (squad 1). I have the room for two nights so want to site see a bit on Sun. What is a must see in the area? Particularly interested in historical sites. What is the situation with guns, I will have to check out Sun by noon. Will rifles and pistols locked in trunk be legal on grounds at West Point, in the surrounding areas?

Can someone post specific directions to West Point and what entrance we should go to. Also what do we need to get onto the base?

You'll need 10 forms of ID and a VISA card. Only kidding! It's on West Point's land but not on the campus. You will just drive right to the range driveway via a public road. I'll help you with directions but I need to know the direction from which you will be approaching.

What day are you shooting? I'll be there on Saturday. Mal

Edited by Mal223

http://www.usma.edu/uscc/dca/clubs/guns/match.html

"The final schedule will be posted by Monday, March 19th. Stage diagrams will not be posted this year, but the estimated minimum round count is 102 Pistol rounds, and 78 Rifle rounds (bring plenty of ammo!). Furthest shot will be between 3-400 yards, We are getting final approvals on 8 challenging stages utilizing rifle and pistol."

Always bring extra

Is this still good for the round count. 102 pistol and 78 rifle?

Just some info/opinion from a guy who shot this match for the first time last year, which may be completely different this year:

- I started with too much stuff! It looks like good weather this year so I'll have a small pack with: ammo, rangefinder, drink and snacks, maybe extra layer of clothes. Rifle, pistol, holster, mag pouches, ammo. You may be able to leave some ammo in your car and only take what you need for the stages where you travel by truck/haul your stuff.

- Arrive, leave all your stuff in the car, register, haul all the registration stuff back to the car, get your shooting gear and stand by for the brief. You won’t want to haul all the registration stuff with you the whole match.

- You travel by military truck to some of the ranges, strollers and buggies can be taken but it would be a pain (4' high deck, ladder to enter), travel light.

- I will have a sling on my rifle for transportation only unless required by a stage.

- Ranges 4-5 are where you park and are the "pit stop" area.

Looks like awesome weather this year. :cheers:

Can't Wait!

David E.

Just re-reading the rules, under ammo it states "common full-power type" and under guns it states pistol should be "within the guidelines of USPSA Limited 10". Does that mean 165PF for pistol? Will there be a chrono? My "normal load" is just below 165PF and my minor load is no where close. Won't have time to load up anything new, should I go buy some factory ammo? Just want to play fair.