Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5th Annual Houghton Memorial 2-Gun Challenge, 3/31/12-4/1/12

The USMA Combat Weapons Team (CWT) is proud to announce that the 5th Annual Houghton Memorial 2-Gun Challenge will be held at West Point on March 31-April 1 (Saturday & Sunday, 1 day format, Pistol/Rifle). For information on Captain Andrew Houghton and his charitable foundation, please visit www.andyhoughton.org. For information on the CWT, please visit www.combatweaponsteam.com.

Details on the Match and registration will be posted in late January as we work out details with Range Control. What you can expect is another challenging competition that will test shooter and equipment, as well as a monster prize table for all competitors. We hope to bring back the sold-out Night Vision Shooting Course (training fee required, open to US citizens only), which will offer participants a unique opportunity to zero their rifles with PEQ-15 ATPIAL IR laser designators and shoot them with PVS-14 Night Vision Devices.

The Match and Night Vision Shooting Course are fund-raising events for the CWT, and we appreciate any and all the support we can get. Thank you for your interest in the Match!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Hey guys

Any update as to when the match applications will be out? Have about 4 guys interested in shooting this worthwhile match.

Hang in there!

We've been working on the application this past week. At issue is the NVG shoot... unfortunately we are running into some possible issues and may not be able to hold the NVG shoot this year, which in turn affects the application.

Last year's participants will receive the application via email first, and we'll post it online around 48-72 hours later. Thanks for your patience!

cwt_match

I'm trying to figure out how to shoot the match and not spend the night in New York :( or drive through :sick: NJ.

Because of where you're going and what you're doing, the handgun thing, normally the tricky part, is okay. The law says you have within 48 hours of the event. There are however no competition exemption clauses for the AWB. (the evil features on your post ban AR and your post ban "high" caps)

That said, no one's going to bother you AT the match. So… don't speed too much. (if you don't speed at all you'll stand out like a sore thumb) ;)

Edited by cas

GO GIANTS!

:cheers:

Ahem... Sorry for the outburst :rolleyes:

2012 Houghton Memorial 2 Gun Challenge Apps just emailed to all last year's competitors.

We'll be posting the match application to the general public on Wednesday here as well as on other forums.

Apps are first come, first serve and postmark will dictate entry order.

Thanks again and we look forward to another great match!!!

cwt_match

Sorry David- you should have it by now. For anyone else that shot last year and didn't receive the email, please contact me directly at cwtmatch@gmail.com. We had several emails bounce back as undeliverable so some were input incorrectly on our end or have changed. Sorry!

I shot the match last year.

Didn't get an email. :mellow:

PM inbound.

David E.

Sorry David- you should have it by now. For anyone else that shot last year and didn't receive the email, please contact me directly at cwtmatch@gmail.com. We had several emails bounce back as undeliverable so some were input incorrectly on our end or have changed. Sorry!

It was in my mailbox when I got home from work.

App in the mail!

Thanks,

David E.

How do I get an application for this match? I've emailed the match address a couple of times and haven't got a response. What's the best address to contact? The link to the website at the top of the thread takes you to 2011's match details.

Edited by BigMoosie

Folks, the apps and waivers are up here. Click on the "5th Annual Houghton 2-Gun Challenge" at the top of the page.

Match rules will be posted in a few weeks, but I don't expect much deviation from last year. We may be retaining our Iron-Sights Only for Limited this year, and discuss the change for next year.

Thanks for your interest guys! Get those apps and waivers in!!!

:cheers: