Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5th Annual Houghton Memorial 2-Gun Challenge, 3/31/12-4/1/12

SHOOTERS & FRIENDS OF THE CWT,

THE MATCH IS SOLD OUT FOR THIS YEAR. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM ASKING ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION UNTIL CONFIRMATION EMAILS GO OUT ONE WEEK FROM NOW. THE PRIMARY ORGANIZER IS WORKING THE ADMIN SIDE WHILE ON THE ROAD FOR WORK SO PLEASE BE PATIENT.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN APRIL!

:cheers:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Shooters- confirmation emails have gone out for Sunday, Saturday and Wait List.

IF YOU HAVE REGISTERED & HAVE NOT RECEIVED AN EMAIL, IT WAS PROBABLY DUE TO A TYPO IN THE EMAIL ADDRESS.

DO NOT DISPAIR- SIMPLY DROP US AN EMAIL AT cwtmatch@gmail.com WITH YOUR FULL NAME AND WE'LL REPLY WITH A CONFIRMATION.

More details will appear on the CWT website as they become available. Rules are the same as last year- LIMITED = IRONS ONLY for this year's match.

THANK YOU!

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Dan,

I've been practicing rifle, mostly out to 200 but I did have the chance to shoot and check my zero/BDC out to 400!

I'll be much better prepared this year, last year I shot irons and struggled past 250yds. I only had a 200 zero verified and was guessing after that, 300/375 were no go!

Rifle still working great, 3 spare sets of gas rings! Will change them before the match!

See you then.

David

Anyone else get Split from the rest of their squad? I got a email out on the 6th but still waiting a reply.

Squads are all screwed up!

Didn't seem to do any good to send a requested squad list.

Sucks if you are riding together and are now on different squads.

What happens if you planed on sharing gear.

What happens if you have to catch a flight and your partner is on a different squad and is running late?

Etc.

Anyone else get Split from the rest of their squad? I got a email out on the 6th but still waiting a reply.

What happens if you have to catch a flight and your partner is on a different squad and is running late?

Etc.

The folks I requested to squad with are squadded with me. Maybe the requests were too large?

Etc.

The folks I requested to squad with are squadded with me. Maybe the requests were too large?

My squad is not the only one messed up.

Hi Guys,

We're going to have to ask for a bit more patience.

Squadding was done per a master spreadsheet that had dozen's of squadding requests logged into them. If there were squadding requests that were not met, it was due to a data entry error on the spreadsheet, and not because requests were ignored. I've been traveling overseas for work the past 2 weeks (still not home), but will be reviewing hard copies this week while down at Ft. Benning with the team. We've been preparing to win back our National's trophy all year, and our National's are the weekend before Houghton- so you can see there are a lot of moving pieces while organizing this match... including having to resubmit our stage designs a third time for Range Control's blessing- this in an effort to keep them fun and interesting for y'all despite ever increasing restrictions.

All match updates should be uploaded on the team website by week's end. We have another update due today, which was originally scheduled for last week but it fell through the cracks at USMA (all website updates go through the USMA webmaster). Stage designs will not be uploaded in advance this year. Round count as of today is estimated at a MINIMUM 102 Pistol, 78 Rifle.

Please keep in mind that at the end of the day, squad requests are REQUESTS, and not guarantees. If your squadding situation is such that it makes it too inconvenient to participate, we apologize in advance, but please let us know ASAP. We have had an unprecedented response to our match, and despite adding a squad this year, we are still nearly 30 deep on the wait list.

Thanks in advance for all your patience and consideration!

:eatdrink:

Hi everyone,

Currently, I am on squad 16, looking to shoot with squad 9 or 13. I was told that if there was someone on squad 9 or 13 that was willing to swap with me, that they could accomodate such a request.

So, is there anyone out there on squad 9 or 13, that would like to shoot on squad 16?? If so, please email me at:

georgeL98@hotmail.com

Thanks!!

-George

Hey Guys,

Just wondering, What time do we need to be at the range on either day? Looked over the material and no mention of when the shooting starts and when registration starts, don't want to be late!

Got an answer for me and the rest of the participants?

Thanks......TEEMCH5

Hey Guys,

Just wondering, What time do we need to be at the range on either day? Looked over the material and no mention of when the shooting starts and when registration starts, don't want to be late!

Got an answer for me and the rest of the participants?

Thanks......TEEMCH5

This update should have gone up last Monday, but we're experiencing some serious lag in comms with the USMA webmaster, so below is what we expect to go up on the site any minute. Additionally, we have received confirmation of the NRA Sanction for this match- that should go up shortly as well. Thanks!

Basic Match Information:

The United States Military Academy Combat Weapons Team is proud to announce the 5th Annual Houghton Memorial 2-Gun Challenge at West Point. The event is scheduled for 31 March - 1 April, 2012. We are attempting to get you more trigger time this year within fixed time, space and light constraints, so it has become necessary to add some “military aspects” to the logistics of the match.

Not unlike a military operation, we are anticipating a very early start and an abbreviated lunch break (current estimates are a 0730 Shooters Brief, and 1630 completions). The final schedule will be posted by Monday, March 19th. Stage diagrams will not be posted this year, but the estimated minimum round count is 102 Pistol rounds, and 78 Rifle rounds (bring plenty of ammo!). Furthest shot will be between 3-400 yards,

We are getting final approvals on 8 challenging stages utilizing rifle and pistol. Participants should be prepared to face a mentally demanding match with moments of real physical exertion. This match is not for anyone that cannot run, low crawl or carry a heavy load for short distances while maintaining the 4 rules of firearms safety. Anyone with joint issues may want to consider knee and elbow pads.

February 27th was the refund deadline for everyone who registered and was confirmed for the match. For those of you still on the waiting list, you are welcome to remain so until the week prior to the match, at which point we'll return your checks if no slots have become available. The night shoot still has slots available for anyone interested in taking part in that.

Just as it is with military issued equipment, you can expect this match to push your equipment to the max. Make sure your equipment is in good working order, to include being able to run through an entire magazine in one string without any problems. Squad movements between stages take precedence over delays caused by shooter equipment issues, so make sure you know that your gun will run flawlessly with the ammo you are bringing. Bring lube and an extra battery if you are running electronic sights. Be prepared to sweat, get muddy and possibly get rained on, but most importantly, be prepared to have fun.

Check back on this website periodically for updates. Any questions can be directed to cwtmatch@gmail.com. We look forward to seeing you soon!

One more update... The following squads have been changed:

Squad 4

Sutton

Ball

Driscoll

Staub

Seamans

Vernola

Thompson

Coon

Unruh

Goldrick