Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5th Annual Houghton Memorial 2-Gun Challenge, 3/31/12-4/1/12

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Limited-10 has both major and minor, so 125pf is fine.

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2010HandgunRulesProof3web.pdf

Appendix D3, page 82 of the pdf.

David E.

Dam Nuke8401 if you keep this up we may have to hire you as our rules official :goof:

To all shooter, Joe and the team are working many hard and long hours to make this match even better then last year. Please make sure to thank Joe and the cadets for all their work. I have no idea how some of you will finish, but I am sure you will have fun and leave with a tired smile on your faces.

Remember to bring extra rifle ammo for those long range steel sure look small down range :devil:

3 days and counting.....

Dam Nuke8401 if you keep this up we may have to hire you as our rules official

If the pay is better than the other gigs (matches) I've been working (for free) over the past years, I'm "all in"!

"Nukes" are kind of particular about "rules"

Can't wait for revenge on that long steel. :devil:

David E.

OK- sorry for letting this go so long before a reply guys- just got back from Wallymart with supplies and heading down to the range now!

Sling, not necessary.

Range finders OK!

Minor PF, Good to Go!

MRE's provided at registration, please bring your own lunch for those with special diets needs. Lunch break is 30 mins.

Bring drinking water!

Prepare for possible rain.

Steel targets far outnumber paper targets this year- more than 2:1.

Thanks for the kudos CJ, but you are pulling a lot of weight on that crutch.

Edited by cwt_match

Thank You to those of you who helped organize this event! I had a great time the only disappointed was in my gear and my abilities. I hope next year I'm better prepared for this event! It was nice being on a squad that I knew most of the participants it was a fun group. I hope Those of you that are about to take part in this event today have a little better weather and I hope you are dressed warm.

Edited by DS26

With the exception of the weather, it was a great match. Stages were all the type that I enjoy, nothing overly complicated, but all tested your shooting ability.

I spent a little too much time preparing with my rifle, worried about the long range shots, and wound up taking a dive on a few of the pistol stages. Thanks to all the Cadets and match staff for a great day, I'll be adding this match to my "must attend" list.

Very good match. Excellent long range stage, although my performance wan't exactly up to it. The handgun had some real "use both sites' shots,and I even used both sites occasionally. All in all a very good match, different but not "odd" if you know what I mean? As a side note our squad was much better with the Uzi than the MP5, was that the general rule? The use of color coded targets on a number of stages was interesting, I am just glad I am not color blind like Sal.

Great Match,

Shot it today (Sunday) just got home. It just started to rain on the last stage otherwise cloudy but nice compared to Sat.

Thanks to all the match staff/cadets for putting on this match. They are probably still braking down and picking up brass.

Thanks Again,

David E.

Edited by Nuke8401

Great match! Hats off to the organizers for putting this very cause worthy event on, and to the Officer Cadets who are a shining example of what this country can produce. I'm looking forward to shooting this match again. Does anyone know when the scores will get posted?

Shot the match today and must say it was another fine match put on by the CWT. More challenging than last year and a lot of fun. Great bunch of guys on squad 11 and we had some really good rifle shooters with us. Rain held off till the last stage today and we had a much better day than those who shot on Saturday.

Special thanks to all the cadets who ran the match, they are this country's future and all are fine young men. We should all be proud of them.

Thanks to all who put on the match and I look forward to next year.

A really fun and interesting match! The non shooting challenges can mess with your head sometimes, besides your heartrate. Squad 11 was filled with good folks, that's for sure. We moved through all the stages very smoothly.

I look forward to the next match held at West Point. :cheers:

...I am just glad I am not color blind like Sal.

I need to get in touch with him so we can lodge a formal complaint. :roflol:

I had to be careful, especially on the texas star stage to be sure I finished on either white or blue because those were the only two colors I could be sure of. :blink:

We all had a great time, everyone did a great job. Things seemed to run a little smoother than last year as well as far as transportation and communication goes. Thanks again to all.

Got 1 Video uploaded. Stage #4?, long range rifle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2aoYdJn9EU

Pretty happy to have hit the 375-425 ish target on the second shot(last shot of the video). Thanks to Rob O. (Team Blaster) for helping me with my zero.

Every now and then I think shooting "Trooper" would be cool, not so much after this stage.

David E.

Edited by Nuke8401

Got 1 Video uploaded. Stage #4?, long range rifle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2aoYdJn9EU

Pretty happy to have hit the 375-425 ish target on the second shot(last shot of the video). Thanks to Rob O. (Team Blaster) for helping me with my zero.

Every now and then I think shooting "Trooper" would be cool, not so much after this stage.

David E.

Wow, that was excellent shooting, despite all that flexing of those rock hard abs!!

After much worrying and frustration, as it turned out my rifle was the only thing that didn't let me down.

I have the dubious honor of hitting the far bonus target... without knowing it.

I shot the last target, dropped the mag and started to unload, deciding not to go for the bonus (in part because the one I just shot looked so far). I'd skipped the second one off to the right. So any time I saved hitting #4 was spent putting the mag back in and shooting #2. :D

I left a significant amount of flesh in/on the UZI.

You have a lot of company and not just me. Saw a couple bleeding hands and at least one cadet who'd been bit when they shot. :D