Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Nation Tour 2012

Nice! I'm a member at Ancient City in St. Auggie, I'll be there to see this one, I'm about 7 miles away. It's a great facility, Chuck and Missy and their crew are the best.

Tip: newest, nicest, very close motel is the Marriott Courtyard on SR-16. If you want walking distance to the Cracker Barrel, Ruby Tuesday, etc. then the Hampton Inn or old Ramada are there. Plus there are pretty new Comfort Inn, Quality Inn and Fairfield Inn right in there too, about a mile from the range.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's still a little early, but rates will only be going up. Where are you guys staying for the St Augustine match? It looks like there are about 1/2 dozen hotels just a mile north of the range, but I'd like to stay at a place w/ some other shooters. I'm leaning toward the Wingate at $75/night.

Anyone made reservations yet?

You're way ahead of me.

Where exactly is the range?

Trying to make reservations in the next couple of days.

Craig,

Don't worry about the location of the range. I'm sure the chartered buses will be at the match hotel to pick the shooters up at the service entrance.

:roflol:

I'm in for the search. Have to hit Diners Driveins and Dives to search for places :D

What is the name of the range?

http://www.attac-fl.com/

Ancient City something or another... I'd love to shoot a stage on the 360 bay they have, but I can see some issues with that, especially with a RO and a few camera men in tow.

That is the coolest gun club website I have seen. Makes me want to get out and do some mag dumps!

I’m hoping to compete in the Semi-pro series this year.

The matches listed include the “FNH USA 3-Gun” on the main page: http://3gunnation.com/news/2012_3gn_outlaw_series

3-Gun Nation Semi-Pro Division

New for 2012, the 3GN Semi-Pro Series is open to any competitor (excluding 3GN Pros Series, Divisional, or Amateur Series competitors). The 3GN Semi-Pro Division will record series points at the following matches in 2012: Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun, Rocky Mountain 3-Gun, CMMG Midwest 3-Gun, MGM Ironman, Adams Arms Ozark 3-Gun, FNH USA 3-Gun, Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun, Leupold-Warne Northwest 3-Gun, Larue-Texas Multi-Gun and AR15.com-Rockcastle Pro-Am.

But on the Semi-pro linked page the FNH match is NOT listed.

http://3gunnation.com/pages/3-gun_nation_semi-pro_divisional_championship

2.1: 3GN Semi-Pro Series points will be awarded for participating in the following 3GN-Affiliated matches: Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun, CMMG Midwest 3-Gun, MGM Ironman, Rocky Mountain 3-Gun, Adams Arms Ozark 3-Gun, Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun, Leupold Northwest 3-Gun, Larue-Texas Multi-Gun, and AR15.com-Rockcastle Pro-Am.

Does anyone know which is correct, will the FNH match be part of the semi-pro tour?

Assuming this match will be at the Glenary WV range it would be much more doable for east coasters to complete 3 matches with the 2 Rockcastle matches.

Thanks,

David E.

looked at the standings, and I could have sworn I was higher last time I looked, even having only two qualifiers. Do you need to have three matches to be eligible? I thought it was a point total that gave you your ranking.

There are also more than a few on the list who have a "1" for one of their matches' point total.

Any idea how many of the top 64 have said yes to the invite??

I'm not sure if this means anything but it seems some of the shooter profiles have gone missing from this page.

http://3gunnation.com/shooters

I know a couple of people that are doing the pro series and a couple that were in the top 64 but declined to join. Could just be a coincidence but the ones that are doing the pro series still have profiles up while the ones that declined are gone. Even if my theory is right I'm sure this page is still a work in progress.

Edited by jtielke

I'm not sure if this means anything but it seems some of the shooter profiles have gone missing from this page.

I know a couple of people that are doing the pro series and a couple that were in the top 64 but declined to join. Could just be a coincidence but the ones that are doing the pro series still have profiles up while the ones that declined are gone. Even if my theory is right I'm sure this page is still a work in progress.

Be my guess. I said no and my profile is gone.

You said No?

what an amateur you are.

;)

Not enough they went to the top 100 last week.

I saw that but being in the top 100 I was wondering how far down they've went and if all of the 64 slots are full or not. With the first match being March 31, it'd be nice to know if there's a shot at an invite.

You said No?

what an amateur you are.

;)

I'd love to do it but I have about 40 hours of vacation time left at work. No way to do it this year. Basically taking 2012 off so I can hit it again in 2013.

I'd love to do it but I have about 40 hours of vacation time left at work. No way to do it this year. Basically taking 2012 off so I can hit it again in 2013.

Thats what may stop me from the Semi-Pro series. :(

You said No?

what an amateur you are.

;)

OK Chuck...out with the real reason...You can't afford anymore 1099's showing up on your tax records.cheers.gif

I hope I make the 2013 roster too!

Patrick

That list has 62 Shooters on it. Looks like there's room for two more wild cards.

I guess that's what I'm asking...What list??

I figure If we keep guessing and confusing each other Pete will make a grand appearance and set us all straight.

Well in Mike's case as straight as a guy can get after all the "experimenting" in college.

OK Chuck...out with the real reason...You can't afford anymore 1099's showing up on your tax records.cheers.gif

I hope I make the 2013 roster too!

Patrick

They still haven't sent me one from last year. I emailed Pete and supposedly it's in the mail. Last thing I'm waiting on till I turn my taxes in. Be nice if they got it out when they were supposed to.

That list has 62 Shooters on it. Looks like there's room for two more wild cards.

New math says there are only 50 on that list...so unless they are going with a reduced field, there are more than 2 slots left.

Chuck,

I was going to post a sarcastic comment, but I will refrain. I am trying to turn over a new, more positive and cheerful leaf, but it is proving more difficult than I had imagined. Good luck to the shooters who have decided to participate in the Pro tour.

Chuck,

I was going to post a sarcastic comment, but I will refrain. I am trying to turn over a new, more positive and cheerful leaf, but it is proving more difficult than I had imagined. Good luck to the shooters who have decided to participate in the Pro tour.

Oh come'on man, be true to yourself, let it out, you know you want to.devil.gif