Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame War 01-24-03

3quartertime

I hope this got started early enough for everyone.  Its been awhile and I'm not sure if I remember the rules here,,,oh yea no rules!!!  Now I think there was a thing or two I had to say,,,

Missing three flame wars is completely unacceptable.  If I need to be away for so long again I'm gonna sell a kidney and buy a laptop!!!

Whats up with all the reports of pedaphile behaviour lately?  P. Townsend is researching his own abuse?  The dude from Ferris Buller's Day Off busted?  Busta-Rymes?  (who until recently I thought was just our own tightloop with yet another username,  then I saw the pic that E. Warren posted of him.  You go Snoop Dogg!!!)  Don't these freaks know that scum like pedaphiles are the reason most of us parents shoot IPSC!!!  Then of course theres those 'offenders' closer to home.  'Sinatra nailing Doris Day',  someone go get a copy of his hard drive before he gets it all erased!!!

America is home but can't I get a part time gig in Hong Kong?  Talk about pearls of the orient!!!  Theres something bad wrong when the AVERAGE asian comes to the US and has to buy from the little girls rack and the AVERAGE US gal goes to asia and has to buy a bed spread sized wrap to cover the last two boxes of twinkies!!!  American girls should be issued a yearly free liposuction and tummy tuck card on thier sixteenth birthday!!!  Men are of course exempt from all this as we are to busy contending with the really important things is life!!!  Back to the part-time gig in Hong Kong thing.  Hey Vince,  could I run the cash register on say M-W-F ???

So are we doucing the friday flame after the aussies get to play or not?  The grumbling hordes wanna know oh Adminmiester-a-lot!!!

What about E. Warren's pick a new avatar idea?  I'll take mine but I wanna vote on others too!!!  And boy do I  have some ideas,,,He He He

What's it take to get the stinkin' contact and web page link changed on the USPSA web site?  Two months and nothing!!!  Work your arse off to build a new and improved page and they won't even post the link!!!  They didn't mind re-affiliating under the new name and contact thou,  must have been the check for 50 bucks!!!

Who pissed off the gods of weather???  I can take the cold to throw some lead down range but 0 degrees is reeeeediculous!!!

'Likes dopey music & guns that break',,,Ok so I quess I kinda resemble the dopey music part but I only struggle with broken guns because it's so cool to drag two blasters and enough parts to rebuild both to every match.  Besides guns aren't supposted to be indestructable,  think of all the starving gunsmiths!!!

And,,,

What's up with all the traffic on the forums while I was gone???  I'll never catch up!!!

Weather so freakin cold you can't have a match, let alone a decent practice.

Local match directors who skip town for three weeks to go play with their kids (like thats really important, come on), overseas no less, while the weather is sure decent enought to practice and go to matches.  But when he comes back, oh hell no!

Builders who don't have the common sense to insulate a wet wall that is connected to outside spigot on the windward side of a house.

Changes in management (6 in 4.5 years).

New car dealers who find it necessary to sell a wheel gun, but not to me!!!  He/She likely doesn't even shoot IPSC, huh?  (Sorry Twix, had to man)

IPSC was started by parents who had daughters who were coming of age to date.  It really stands for :  Imposed Parental Social Contracts, which was to provide rules to the boys who wanted to date our daughters; and allowed them to know we were avid shooters who would not miss the target if they defiled our daughters.

And, yeah, I am really a rap star in disguise.  'Bout as close as I am going to come to that nomenclature is Sunday when I paint my face Black&Silver (got half of it right) for the big game.  You know that Flex is more likely a rapper than I am, I shoot 1911 and he goes with the plastic 'Hood Shooter.  Rappers can't manage all the controls on the 1911, but they understand, turn sideways and mash the trigger.

I do think that we should all get to vote on new avatars for the members. Lay down some rules though.  Have to have 250 posts to change, everyone should have to go through the Gatherer stage, and then they get to submit 3 choices to be voted upon by the membership on one Friday a month specified by Benos.  Same for the new names.

This weeks hate issues,

1. College courses that start at 6:30 in the morning.

2. Having to go to work after said class.

3. Single digit temps and shoveling the driveway.

4. Discussing/Arguing about USPSA rules

5. Working Saturdays.

That's enough for now.....

I hate loud noises when im trying to sleep.

Kids with systems in thier cars drive by and the bass rattles my upstairs windows....  I have a stereo cabible of shaking the house but I dont drive at 11pm with the amp cranked up in a residential area.

Kids with thier Import cars drive by with obnoxious mufflers...I have a car with a loud muffler but I dont downshift though 4 gears comming to a stop sign and proceed to floor it at 11PM

I also hate the POS cars with thier squeeling belts, popping CV joints and  howling wheel bearings.

Most of all I hate the City bus.  Not only is it noisy when it drives by every half hour, but as soon as the driver opens the door a loud speaker comes on and says.."line 77, Great Mall"  The bus stop is over 75 yards away around the corner.  

Also does any one know how to mute a dog?  The neighbor has a few that howl all night...Shooting them isnt quite legal...

I think I need to double plug

TOE - Mutt Bombs - mix ground beef and peanut butter into a ball, mutts eat it, peanut butter sticks to the roof of their mouth and they lick it till its all off, usually a long time.  And if they're licking, they're not making any noise.

BigDave,

one more ingredient for the doggy bomb. Add any ONE of the following.

1. Potasium Cyanide

2. Rat Poison

3. ExLax

4. Chili- The real hot, burn your ass on the way out kind.

5. Subsonic 30Cal rifle and Silencer.

Or some of each. I have used the Exlax occaisionally and have once resorted to #1, and twice to #5.

errr,,,and I thought I would get it for the liposuction part!!!

Maybe the mutt bomb would be better served to the owner!!!

" Local match directors who skip town,,,"  Guilty but hey it's supposted to be up to freezing next week.  Whoo Hoo!!!

" You know that Flex is ,,, the plastic 'Hood Shooter' "   Now why didn't we think of that during the roasting ceremony!!!

"I hate people who brag about hurting and killing dogs to inflate their ego. a_-hole…."

"Maybe the mutt bomb would be better served to the owner!!!"

Can I get a huge and resounding AMEN?

I have no respect for someone who takes pleasure in torturing and killing things.fight.gifjab.gif

Dogs are considered a delicacy in some parts of the world. I have considered shooting the neighbors dogs, but even the subsonic rounds are too loud I feel. Wouldn't  want to get to get in trouble for shooting a dog. Probably be more hassle than shooting the owner. BD you have mail.

TheOtherErik--

Good god, where do you live??!!

Chuck D--

You're neither having a good time nor have any spare time to have same. Shorten that list.

3/4--

These days it takes a kidney to afford one!!

Loves2Shoot--

I won't even use ATMs any more without a carry weapon.

Various--

Shoot the dawgs or give 'em peanut butter. Your call. (For the bleeding hearts who posted, you obviously haven't been kept awake--or annoyed to death--for days (and nights) on end by f**king barking/howling dogs. It's one of society's most aggravating domestic irritants. The laws protect the dawgs but do little for the victims of the racket.)

Me--

Coming to the mortifying conclusion that I've been shooting the wrong gun for months.

Me--

Graphic art clients who (unbelievably) just haven't a flipping clue about the laws of logic, space and physics!!  "I want it bigger but smaller..."  God, my synapses are absolutely FRYING in cosmic frustration just THINKING about this sort of crap!!!!!  %&!(*#$%@^!

Carry on.

"you obviously haven't been kept awake--or annoyed to death--for days (and nights) on end by f**king barking/howling dogs."

Actually I have 2 dogs that never shut up and a cat that howls all through the night. I know what it's like to be annoyed, but I'm not about to go hurt them for being what they are. Have patience or sleep with a goddamn pillow over your head.

I solved the problem by living in places where dogs are not allowed.

Ahh..... peace at last.

Most howling/barking dawgs are simply not being cared for properly... left alone too often or too long, not trained in simple obedience cues, directly abused in some way, stuck in places too small (or uncomfortable) for them, and so forth. Creates stress and frustration in the animal and their barking/howling is all they've got left. Trying to talk sense to their respective owners, however, is frequently futile or hostile.

To clarify my post, (damn things seem to go down hill around here in a hurry lately), I, in no way, shape, or form endorse, condone or can stommach violence to dogs or other pets.  I was merely suggesting a rather sticky treat to occupy the noxious fido's voice.  Its win/win: pup gets a tasty snack, offended neighbor gets silence for a bit.  SigLady - you do have a good point though, but violence ain't the answer, at least not towards the dog.

By the way, I don't remember anywhere on the words at the foot of the Statue of Liberty saying "Brings us your tired, huddled masses, as long as they speak English."  The machine isn't asking you to speak or conduct business in Spanish is it?  That really chaps my hide.  Too bad there isn't an Emoticon for "Really F***ing Pissed Off"  We need one, or at least I do now.

Right here I had about a whole page rant on language and dialect, but it would only add fuel to the fire that Flex put out earlier today (thank you, by the way, well done).  If you want it in private, I'll be more than happy to provide.  It was even too much for the Hate form, I'm sorry to say.  

(Edited by BigDave at 10:09 pm on Jan. 24, 2003)

" but it would only add fuel to the fire that Flex put out earlier today (thank you, by the way, well done).  "

Yea and did you notice that that thread was started by the same stooge that started this one!!!

I remember a fella once specifially asking me NOT to shoot his dog.  He said it takes too long to dig the buckshot out and it kinda spooks him for the next hunt!!!

Sig Lady, thanks for the advise. Think I'll quit my job. School is going well (finally I have grades my parents can be proud of....20 plus years later) the "scenery" is better and I can't , no matter how hard I try..stop arguing/discussing the rules of the game. Oh yea,by the way...be KIND to the dogs,they're only doing what comes natural. Same can be said for some of us....