Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame War 01-24-03

3quartertime

Yikes. Logout for an hour and things get really ugly. Don't think I'll be choosing Snoopy as my new Avatar.

Historically, dogs that barked to sound an alarm were genetically selected by early and feudal man in preference to quiet dogs as they helped protect his life and property. Now the situation has reversed. Perhaps our canine friends could be forgiven for thinking "What do we have to do to please you guys"?

Time out for a Public Service Announcement....

The Friday Flame Wars are for good-natured ribbing of your online buddies.  (You bunch'a pig-headed, quiche eaters!)

The general Hate topics are for people to vent, get stuff off their chest...without too much feedback from others (let people blow off the steam, don't add to it...at least for a few days).

None of these posts/threads should get out of hand!

direct.gif

I have a dog and she has two barks, well one is more of a blood curdling rumble/growl (hard to explain, easy to understand when you hear it).

First one means come look at something or lets go an play, second one usually results in me grabbing the the flashlight and the 1911 off the nightstand and possibly make a lot of noise in the house or just outside of it.

Watch out for peanut butter when you give it to dogs, it can cause complications and possibly hurt the dog (ask a vet and see what he says).

I have no problem with dogs, as long as they stay away from my cattle and horses (my own excepted, she works with them not against them) if that occurs then all bets are off. Neighbors dog barked it's head off day and night for weeks....then silence...it had become an after dinner snack for a bunch of timberwolves, hence the reason it was barking and yes, I did tell the neighbor what the problem was, but since they are from the city, they thought I was pulling thier chain.

I won't hurt bother or in any way molest a dog or cat (for that matter) unless it's actions cross that line between what is normal (for them) and what is destructive.

Sorry, if anyone has a problem with it, but losing a heifer (in one case 3) hurts my bottom line rather severely and I will alert those who let thier dog's run loose (and the police, rangers and animal control) after that I have fulfilled the legal obligations and can take what steps are deemed neccessary.

But, it is the last resort and only after all reasonable avenues have been exhausted.

Siglady...my situation is an every day occurence in the silicon valley ghetto.  

That reminds me of another thing I hate....Inflated cost of housing.  Anyone with a 6 week class in web desgin flocked to Californina 5 years ago like it was the gold rush.  Now a run down 2br apartment goes for well over $1200...and a 4br house...well over $400,000 no matter how old... now if i move to the state next door. that same apartment is 300 bucks and the house is going for $120,000 brand new.

Anyonw know where a highy accredited auto technician can make a good living with cheap housing...dicent weather is a plus.

Well it's past midnight for the down under crowd and,,,

I wasn't successful in getting in trouble at all about my American vs. Asian chics thing, a member of the 'god squad' offered to shoot someone and drill sgt link-a-lot had to come in and set the troops straight.  

Pretty good stuff!!!

See all you flamers next week!!!