Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr Bullet Feeder

Loy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a delay on the 9mm/38super and 30-06 kits. rick is moving in the right direction though, he is getting some parts manufactured, that he used to make by hand. When he gets this manufacturing deal finalized, his production times will improve considerably. So for right now,you will see a delay in 9mm/38super units/conversions until then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

there is a delay on the 9mm/38super and 30-06 kits. rick is moving in the right direction though, he is getting some parts manufactured, that he used to make by hand. When he gets this manufacturing deal finalized, his production times will improve considerably. So for right now,you will see a delay in 9mm/38super units/conversions until then.

Is he still backed up on 9mm? I ordered back in June 2011. Talked to Rick on the phone in August and found out about the supplier issue. Emailed him a couple of times in Sept/Oct timeframe and never got a response. Sort of figured something else was going on and gave up on trying to get one. Anybody know the current status?

Is he still backed up on 9mm? I ordered back in June 2011. Talked to Rick on the phone in August and found out about the supplier issue. Emailed him a couple of times in Sept/Oct timeframe and never got a response. Sort of figured something else was going on and gave up on trying to get one. Anybody know the current status?

Yes he is still backed up on the 9mm kits. He is working on getting a new manufacturer on some parts. When that gets worked out I was told it could be a few weeks or four months depending on how fast they can knock them out.

Talked to Rick last week, I also am waiting on the 9/38. He said we is not sure when they will be ready. He said that a new CNC machine will be deleverd on Dec 20 to someone he was talking to and maybe it

wont be to long after that. once he gets the parts he said he will get the orders out.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't hold your breath on the 16 weeks, I ordered on 12-9-11 was told 6 weeks, still waiting,

and very hard to get replies to emails. Kinda frustrating to say the least. After all this I hope it lives up to it's reputation......

I heard back from Rick last night, he'd been out of town on vacation. I got my name on the list. Now its just a hurry up and wait. As much as I'd love to have it yesterday, 16 weeks isn't so bad especially with no deposit. I've been on a couple of wait lists for over a year. Hell, I don't think I've ordered a stock had it come in in less than 16 weeks, and that usually requires a deposit or be paid in full up front!

Talked to Rick , I have been waiting on the 9 also. He said he has gotten a licence agreement with some body to help with manufacturing because he can not keep up.

They are changing the design and should have them by mid MAY. He also said that new the ones will interchange parts with the old. The bullet dropper and hopper is diffrent.

I will try to attach a picture he sent me.

post-7082-0-92409600-1330459741_thumb.jp

Edited by sauza45

Talked to Rick , I have been waiting on the 9 also. He said he has gotten a licence agreement with some body to help with manufacturing because he can not keep up.

They are changing the design and should have them by mid MAY. He also said that new the ones will interchange parts with the old. The bullet dropper and hopper is diffrent.

That's interesting....should those of us waiting be concerned about being the test group for the new design?

Not sure I like the idea of attaching the hopper to the plastic case feeder. That could get pretty heavy with just a few 100 bullets. The case feeder can have problems if it's not stablized. That is a known issue here on the forums.

I'm going to have to do something soon. Loaded 500 rounds of 9mm last night and had to stop every 100 rounds due to my hand cramping up. Wish I had ordered the bullet feeder a long time ago, but wait I did :angry2:

Am I the only one who wonders why nobody else has developed a good bullet feeder? I'm not talking about the RCBS, Hornady, etc that all seem to be inferior in one way or another to the MBF. It seems that anything that takes months to get could use a few more players.

I looked at Hornady, RCBS, and GSI thinking I would avoid the Mr Bullet Feeder wait. I also thought about making my own, as others have done. It also looks like Budget Reloader has a coming soon page for a bullet feeder. Ultimately I decided I'd probably end up buying a Mr Bullet Feeder anyways and it didn't make sense to throw a lot of money at something I'd probably end up replacing.

I think Rick will get caught up and get the wait times down again. And like everything, competition is always a good thing, and there is definitely room in the market place for another design...especially since Dillon says they will not produce one.