Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DILLON EQUIPMENT & EBAY

I just watched a Dillon early primer warning unit (incomplete) sell on Ebay for $28 + shipping. Now, I really don't understand folks that are intelligent enough to buy Dillon equipment in the first place, but ignorant of the actual retail value of the goods they are bidding for. I guess it's a matter of getting caught up in the bidding frenzy. Myself, I am buying the same unit for $24.95 from Brian.

it's usually just the accessories. most of the time, the accessories, will go for close to retail to just over retail (if you factor in shipping as well) and it doesn't make since to purchase it on eBay. Maybe some people don't know any better? i've gone to Brian for all my accessories as well if i can't get it locally.

but for the presses, sometimes you can snatch up a pretty good deal, but most of the time, they end up being more than if you purchased it new here from Brian, who charges nothing to ship most presses. for example, i saw a SDB go for $275 SHIPPED, it was a Buy it Now auction. I've seen an SDB w/ two sets of dies go for $300 shipped. i haven't been able to find good deals on any 550's or 650's though. at the prices they go for, you might as well buy new, and buy from Brian. most of the people on ebay charge you high shipping fees like $30 - $50. i understand it's a large box, but i've had presses shipped to me in factory boxes for $20.

eBay is a very efficient marketplace, that makes it nearly impossible to get a deal on "popular" items. I've bought a few Dillon things, but they are usually ones that are odd in some way or end in the middle of the night.

Oddly enough, some people don't know where to buy Dillon stuff ...

I've bought a few Dillon things, but they are usually ones that are odd in some way or end in the middle of the night...

+1

I've bought a couple Dillon items on eBay for well under retail: powder bars, primer filler tubes. Like Rodell said, it's the odd bits that nobody else seems to want...

I've bought a few Dillon things, but they are usually ones that are odd in some way or end in the middle of the night...

+1

I've bought a couple Dillon items on eBay for well under retail: powder bars, primer filler tubes. Like Rodell said, it's the odd bits that nobody else seems to want...

+2

A mint sets of dies for about half price. An $25 assorted box of spare parts that was mostly used..but did have 8 small primer tubes (?!!??) with it.

Best one (for me) was on gunbroker...I won a set of NIB .44 dies and conversion kit for $72..after I paid him and exchanged some emails he asked if I wanted to buy his NIB 550b and NIB .45 dies and conversion kit for another $300. So I got a NIB 550 with two conversion kits and die sets for less than $400...I was skeptical until I got it in...everything WAS brand new. Gave it to my best friend whose hours had gotten reduced. With Christmas he had put his reloader plans on hold until next year...made his day when I dropped off the 550b. Now we both get to shoot more (which was my evil plan to begin with!!) :devil:

As a seller I L-O-V-E Ebay...I can usually get 80% retail...even on USED junk. :blink:

Undrpsi

• 2 weeks later...

I agree in general -- but I did get my first 650 off ebay -- some lady selling her ex-husbands stuff -- (after this purchase I had guns and gun related items added to my prenuptials!) Anyway it was a good deal and a good transaction. Although good deals are hard to come by on ebay now there is still some increased security over a simple classified section.