Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV Cosmetic options

L9X25

That is one amazing gun! Just imagine the look on "Brittany Jean's" face when she tries to cock the gun with the front serrations and keeps trying to yank the frame back to camber a round.

Other than that, this is what I'll buy when the cash truck stops at my house.

Did you notice the "INFINITY" engraved into the rear serrations??? Functional and very nice too but the panel cut might be lighter. This IS going to be a race gun!

Leo

TMC,

Each of the guns was fitted with 2 top ends, with and without a comp. I was primarily interested in the cosmetic slide and frame treatments. Sandy does incredible machine work.

The Brittany Jean gun is a little too feminine for my tastes but it is just right for it's teen aged female owner.

Leo

Ape:

I have "dibs" on the adoption angle. I've even been sending Karole Mother's Day cards and Sandy Father's Day cards for years now ... all to no avail. I went as far as having my picture "photochopped" into their family pictures but "no dice" ... I think the "real" kids (or Tami) ratted me out! But I haven't given up yet!

Leo ;)

Is that a backup front sight on the comp for when the Optima craps out?

That must have been designed especially for you ;) .

Nice guns !

Spook: if you see a cash truck coming, give me a ring an I'll help you unload, as a good friend :ph34r: .

Crap, Leo... you're way ahead of the game. Guess I'll just have to wait... or do something underhanded. ;)

Taran's Open blaster is set up with a front sight, too. Looks like a lollipop with a big stick.

Don't you think "princess strayer s7" is a bit long for a serial number? Good thing they make long dustcover guns. Maybe if they ever allow these guns in CA again I'll have one with a custom serial number like "this is my first real custom gun so I wanted a unique serial number" How would that look on the paperwork?

Does not need a number; letters are OK.

In fact, it need not have any "serial number" at all unless it is made with the intent to transfer. Build the receiver yourself (for yourself) and no identifying marks of any kind are required (though a recorded identifying mark is suggested so that the weapon can be returned to you in the even of theft).

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#a7

"(A7) Does the GCA prohibit anyone from making a handgun, shotgun or rifle?

With certain exceptions a firearm may be made by a nonlicensee provided it is not for sale and the maker is not prohibited from possessing firearms. <snip> [18 U. S. C. 922( o), (v), and 923, 27 CFR 178.39, 178.40, 178.41 and 179.105] "

Not talking legally here, just saying that according to Infinity it does.

From www.gunbuilder.com: "Custom serial numbers must be between 1 and 13 characters and contain at least one digit."

STI has the same requirement.

The 'must have a number in the serial number' has been a requirement for custom STI or SV numbes for four or five or so years now. I think it's an unpublished ATF-ism because it didn't used to be that way.

Gorilla - your are correct sir! Not familiar w/ buying a new SV through the new "gunbuilder"; mine was bought used & is rather old (though still my favorite blaster).

Shred - agreed. I found the section (old 27 CFR section 178.92 renumbered as below) Nothing about requiring a numerical character but that does not mean it is not gov. "policy" to require one.

CODE OF FEDERAL REGULATIONS

TITLE 27--ALCOHOL, TOBACCO PRODUCTS AND FIREARMS

CHAPTER II--BUREAU OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, FIREARMS, AND EXPLOSIVES, DEPARTMENT

OF JUSTICE

SUBCHAPTER B--FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION

PART 478--COMMERCE IN FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION

SUBPART F--CONDUCT OF BUSINESS

Current through May 21, 2004; 69 FR 29405

§ 478.92 How must licensed manufacturers and licensed importers identify firearms, armor piercing ammunition, and large capacity ammunition feeding devices?

(a)(1) Firearms. You, as a licensed manufacturer or licensed importer of firearms, must legibly identify each firearm manufactured or imported as follows:

(i) By engraving, casting, stamping (impressing), or otherwise conspicuously placing or causing to be engraved, cast, stamped (impressed) or placed on the frame or receiver thereof an individual serial number. The serial number must be placed in a manner not susceptible of being readily obliterated, altered, or removed, and must not duplicate any serial number placed by you on any other firearm. For firearms manufactured or imported on and after January 30, 2002, the engraving, casting, or stamping (impressing) of the serial number must be to a minimum depth of .003 inch and in a print size no smaller than 1/16 inch; and

(ii) By engraving, casting, stamping (impressing), or otherwise conspicuously placing or causing to be engraved, cast, stamped (impressed) or placed on the frame, receiver, or barrel thereof certain additional information. This information must be placed in a manner not susceptible of being readily obliterated, altered, or removed. For firearms manufactured or imported on and after January 30, 2002, the engraving, casting, or stamping (impressing) of this information must be to a minimum depth of .003 inch. The additional information includes:

(A) The model, if such designation has been made;

(B) The caliber or gauge;

© Your name (or recognized abbreviation) and also, when applicable, the name of the foreign manufacturer;

(D) In the case of a domestically made firearm, the city and State (or recognized abbreviation thereof) where you as the manufacturer maintain your place of business; and

(E) In the case of an imported firearm, the name of the country in which it was manufactured and the city and State (or recognized abbreviation thereof) where you as the importer maintain your place of business. For additional requirements relating to imported firearms, see Customs regulations at 19 CFR part 134.

(2) Firearm frames or receivers. A firearm frame or receiver that is not a component part of a complete weapon at the time it is sold, shipped, or otherwise disposed of by you must be identified as required by this section.

Don't you think "princess strayer s7" is a bit long for a serial number? Good thing they make long dustcover guns.  Maybe if they ever allow these guns in CA again I'll have one with a custom serial number like "this is my first real custom gun so I wanted a unique serial number"  How would that look on the paperwork?

I once had a really interesting conversation with a gun shop clerk (not the owner) who tried to tell me an SV lower (without grip) was not a gun as it did not have a serial numer. It took some work to convince him 38SUPER was the serial number, not a caliber designation.

I once had a really interesting conversation with a gun shop clerk (not the owner) who tried to tell me an SV lower (without grip) was not a gun as it did not have a serial numer. It took some work to convince him 38SUPER was the serial number, not a caliber designation.

This can be a problem with other government functionaries and 'oddball' serial numbers.. especially in foreign lands when they want to check them.

Those are just wicked. I don't really car for the font on the slide but everything else is amazing. When I ordered my STI I was thinking of getting BL0W ME or SCREW U 2 as the S.N. Then I thought I might have a hard time getting an ATF form 6 to bring then over with a serial number like that so I scraped the idea.