Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jp Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is another one:

I really only needed 1. But I was running IM.

Nice!!!

I used 2ea #6's to get it going and shot a few extra to keep it going!!

Lucky I only missed one clay!! I'm old and slow,,, but I had Fun like a KID!

M Ammo,

I know exactly how you feel.

I used the extra rounds to get them out of my gun.

I was running Sporting Clays Reduced Recoil #8 shot for the rest of the targets. With an IM choke, it all worked out ok.

Reduced Recoil Slugs drop about 20 inches out of my Benelli whereas the normal ones are almost spot on at 90 yards--something I learned at the match.

M Ammo,

I know exactly how you feel.

I used the extra rounds to get them out of my gun.

I was running Sporting Clays Reduced Recoil #8 shot for the rest of the targets. With an IM choke, it all worked out ok.

Reduced Recoil Slugs drop about 20 inches out of my Benelli whereas the normal ones are almost spot on at 90 yards--something I learned at the match.

The heavy #6s sure knocked that flipper but good. :devil:

What I learned about slugs...if you are on, you are on. I went 1 for 1 on every slug except the left side on stage 2, which I shot from 109 yards, and needed 2. As I am burning slugs, I literally thought I saw dollar bills leaving my barrel. :roflol:

• 1 month later...

This just arrived this morning from ATSN:

jj

Shooters and Fans! THIS WEEK,beginning October 3rd,on ATSN TV

JP Rocky Mountain 3 Gun 10th Anniversary NRA Whittington Center Raton, New Mexico

Pursuit Channel (DirecTV 604 PRST/ Dish /Network 240 HUNT) Exclusive Shooting Destination Night-Friday Night!

Showtimes Wednesdays 2:00pm PST 5:00pm EST

Thursdays 10:00pm PST

Fridays-Shooting Destination Night 6:00pm PST 1:00am EST/ 9:00pm EST

Exclusive Shooting Destination Night Friday October 5th ! (6 PM PST/ 9 PM EST) Join us as American Trigger Sports Network returns to the NRA Whittington Center for the 10th Anniversary of the JP Rocky Mountain 3 Gun Championship!

ATSN TV returns to the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, New Mexico, August 9th through 11th, to film the JP RM3G World Championship, a multi-gun match that takes full advantage of 33,000 acres of natural terrain, engaging competition shooters with dynamic three-gun stages, 600-yard rifle shots, and a spectacular backdrop including old coal-mining town ruins, big game animals, roadside wildflowers and enchanting sunsets.

This event marks the JP RM3G 10th Anniversary, which continues the tradition of the original 29-year-consecutive-running Soldier of Fortune 3-Gun World Championship.

In celebration of this marked event, JP RM3G honors the anniversary with a special long-range side match, the “Long Range Challenge”, with a $500.00 cash prize to the winner, Mark Quintana, provided by ATSN.

Shooters take time out from the main match events to compete for the ATSN.TV prize money, while getting to test the state-of-the-art JP rifles at ranges beyond 1000 yards using 6.5 Creedmoor ammunition provided by Hornady Manufacturing Company.

Proceeds from the Long Range Challenge and special edition rifle sales supported the Wounded Warrior Project, aiding and assisting injured service members.

ATSN.tv host, James B. Towle, says, "It is always great to be at the Whittington Center, and John Paul and JP Rifles continue to provide shooters with a world-class event. Match Directors, Denise and JJ Johnson, offer shooters a challenging course and our camera crew loves to capture the natural beauty and rugged terrain."

Edited by RiggerJJ

jj

JP Rocky Mountain 3 Gun 10th Anniversary NRA Whittington Center Raton, New Mexico

Pursuit Channel (DirecTV 604 PRST/ Dish /Network 240 HUNT) Exclusive Shooting Destination Night-Friday Night!

Exclusive Shooting Destination Night Friday October 5th ! (6 PM PST/ 9 PM EST) Join us as American Trigger Sports Network returns to the NRA Whittington Center for the 10th Anniversary of the JP Rocky Mountain 3 Gun Championship!

ATSN TV returns to the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, New Mexico, August 9th through 11th, to film the JP RM3G World Championship, a multi-gun match that takes full advantage of 33,000 acres of natural terrain, engaging competition shooters with dynamic three-gun stages, 600-yard rifle shots, and a spectacular backdrop including old coal-mining town ruins, big game animals, roadside wildflowers and enchanting sunsets.

This event marks the JP RM3G 10th Anniversary, which continues the tradition of the original 29-year-consecutive-running Soldier of Fortune 3-Gun World Championship.

In celebration of this marked event, JP RM3G honors the anniversary with a special long-range side match, the “Long Range Challenge”, with a $500.00 cash prize to the winner, Mark Quintana, provided by ATSN.

Shooters take time out from the main match events to compete for the ATSN.TV prize money, while getting to test the state-of-the-art JP rifles at ranges beyond 1000 yards using 6.5 Creedmoor ammunition provided by Hornady Manufacturing Company.

Proceeds from the Long Range Challenge and special edition rifle sales supported the Wounded Warrior Project, aiding and assisting injured service members.

ATSN.tv host, James B. Towle, says, "It is always great to be at the Whittington Center, and John Paul and JP Rifles continue to provide shooters with a world-class event. Match Directors, Denise and JJ Johnson, offer shooters a challenging course and our camera crew loves to capture the natural beauty and rugged terrain."

Can you find out if this will be available online? No Pursuit channel on my cable package.

jj

Can you find out if this will be available online? No Pursuit channel on my cable package.

They do have a bunch of past programs on their website, I think 2011 RM3G is still there. I am not sure when this episode will be available online, I will try to find out.

jj

I feel like there needs to be a witty comment here about how you would spends hundreds and thousands of dollars in match fees and travel expenses, but won't shell out 44.99 a month for direcTV! :roflol:

But I'll be nice :cheers:

I hear that I'm on the show getting interviewed :wacko: I don't seem to recall after 2 days of shooting and 3 days of ROing.

Edited by DocMedic

I feel like there needs to be a witty comment here about how you would spends hundreds and thousands of dollars in match fees and travel expenses, but won't shell out 44.99 a month for direcTV! :roflol:

But I'll be nice :cheers:

I hear that I'm on the show getting interviewed :wacko: I don't seem to recall after 2 days of shooting and 3 days of ROing.

Dude it's almost December I'm deep under ground in a bunker already where a satellite ain't ever gonna see me. Why else would I miss Fallen Brethren?

• 2 months later...

I figured the entire Mayan Calender - Nostradamus ...end of the world thing out.

That the end of the World predicted is for all the pour souls that do not get in to the Rocky Mountain Event.

I know thats how I felt last year having to pull out.

And the ones that get in .....'Yes Virginia , There is a Santa Claus'