Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jp Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun

You don't already have 3 pistols? Besides, I'm gonna have to side with JJ on this one. If you aint shooting a 10rd 45acp, it ain't HM. It might be Heavy Metal, or Heavy Lite, or Heavey Tacticool, but it aint HeMan. In addition, my single stack 45 at major power factor kicks about the same as most 9mm tuperware, so what's the point in stocking 3 different pistols just to support one division. The 10rd mags are a far greater handicap than recoil, but it's the same handicap for everyone in the division. I like HM. My only hang up is that I've grown accustomed to "racing". HM feels slow sometimes. It isn't really all that much slower, but it feels that way when you are busting yet another reload, on the clock, when you should be shooting. Again same handicap for everyone, but something I have to get used to.

I've shot about a dozen or so large USPSA and 3gun, big matches now. Heman Nats a couple of weeks ago, was hands down the very best match I have ever shot.... ever. A year from now, I might have a new "best" match. Right now, today, Heman Nats was the very best. The 70 or so men and women who shot it, know what I'm talking about. Too bad more didn't show, but I sort of feel like part a small, exclusive club who got to shoot something special and what will be one of the very best events of the entire season. I might not be long in the tooth in the sport, but I know excellent when it comes my way. I enjoyed shooting Heman at CO State and HM Nats, so much I order an LRP-07. If it gets here in time, I'll be switching to HMS division for RM3G. I don't care about the slight increase in rifle ammo cost. For the few events I get to shoot each year, I want to peg the fun meter and I'm having a ball with the big boys toys. I am soooooo looking forward to RM3G 2012!

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am starting to get fired up for RM again as well. Our tickets are booked and I think we have a plan for getting our ammo and other gear on site. It will be good to visit with the guys that don't make it up to the NW matches as often as I would like. Hopefully there will be time for a few rounds of five stand as well.

:cheers:

I just sent this out to shooters. I may have missed some of you, or I've been getting sent to Spam a lot lately...so tell your friends! :rolleyes:

Hi! Just a quick update from JP Enterprises’ Rocky Mountain 3-Gun:

In this, the 10th JP RM3G, we have a special treat for all our 10 year vets. So, if you've been here the past 9 years, and haven’t yet let me know, please do so!

After the He-Man match, we spent some time solidifying stages. So, here’s the story:

You will need a rifle sling as usual.

Target Count:

Stage 1 – Shotgun – 36 birdshot

Stage 2 – 3-Gun – 6 rifle, 4 pistol, 3 slug, 10 paper for rifle or pistol, 7 small steel for birdshot or pistol

Stage 3 – 3-Gun - 12 rifle, 12 pistol, 9 birdshot and 3 slugs

Stage 4 – Rifle – 22 rifle with 1 round from a .50 at approx 1400 yards

Stage 5 – 3-Gun – 12 rifle, 11 pistol, 9 birdshot and 3 slugs

Stage 6 – pistol/rifle – 16 rifle, 12 pistol

Stage 7 – shotgun/pistol – 12 pistol, 8 birdshot, 4 slugs, 8 for pistol or birdshot

Stage 8 – pistol – 29 pistol

Stage 9 – shotgun/rifle – 20 rifle, 8 birdshot, 4 slugs

Total Targets – 88 rifle, 81 pistol, 70 birdshot, 17 slug, 28 choice – 284 Targets

NOTE: This is target count, not round count. 

Those of you who are 3-Gun Nation participants - please e-mail me your 3GN number. It will make reporting easier and I’d like to have them in the database when you get here.

Don’t forget the Trijicon Shooter’s BBQ/Junior Benefit. :bow: We have some FABULOUS doorprizes including a 10th anniversary JP rifle with a medallion in the lower and a two tone upper. So, be sure to bring some extra money for more chances to win! JP Rocky Mountain Shooters have raised almost $10,000 over the last 4 years for Whittington’s Adventure Camp and MGM Junior Camp! Keep up the great work!

JP Enterprises is also running a side match at the high power silhouette range sponsored by ATSN and with all ammunition provided by Hornady! There will be a nominal charge with half going to the prize money, half going to a charity to be chosen by JP later. You’ll have an opportunity to enter as many times as you’d like with two divisions, as JP is bringing both a bolt action and a semi-auto 6.5 Creedmore. This should be a lot of fun as well, and you’ll get to check out some of JP’s newest rifles!!! :bow:

On Saturday, after the match, we will have the DPMS Junior shoot-off for the top 4 junior shooters. DPMS has generously donated $3750 in cash for these juniors. :bow: It should be a lot of fun!

Shooter’s Briefing will be 0645 Thursday, August 9 at the Coors Center. We will have our 10 year Vet Surprise then! Shooting will be from 0730 to 1830 Thursday and Friday! Half the squads will shoot 4 stages on Thursday, and 3 stages on Friday, and the other half will shoot 3 on Thursday and 4 on Friday. Saturday, shooting will be from 0730 to 1330. We plan to start the Junior shoot-off at about 1500 with awards after that and then prize table!

We look forward to seeing you all in August! :wub:

Denise and JJ

JP RM3G

Winn, I suppose you don't want to shoot the 410 revo again either??? :unsure:

Thought you were a REAL HeMan...Maybe we should bring back the little pump 12?

jj

the governor was ok. without complaining too much, i couldn't see through the scope on the .50. i had to back way off to see the cross hairs. i have shot Ma Deuce enough. if you bring that sawed off 12 pump, something distasteful will happen. sin vaslina!

Edited by 1chota

Winn, I suppose you don't want to shoot the 410 revo again either??? :unsure:

Thought you were a REAL HeMan...Maybe we should bring back the little pump 12?

jj

the governor was ok. without complaining too much, i couldn't see through the scope on the .50. i had to back way off to see the cross hairs. i have shot Ma Deuce enough. if you bring that sawed off 12 pump, something distasteful will happen. sin vaslina!

Tell us how you really feel about the shortie shotgun! No really! :roflol:

I love prop guns on the clock!!!

Sorry Jesse! We're using a new plan we tried out at the He-Man match...oh yeah, you missed that!

Anyway, not really on the clock, but... :excl:

Any more complaints...that shottie isn't completely broke! :sick:

I'd be willing to buy a battery powered sawzall to kill that evil 12 guage pistol!

Denise, I thought the pick up gun system you tried on us was terrific. That should be used for all matches that make us use guns we're not familiar with.

Jesse's time can start as usual, with unloaded pick up guns! :roflol:

Getting ready for the Match,,

Fathers day,

The kids made me, fathers day stuff!! Daughter made the Card, Bomb!!

Son made the RM3G,,, sign,,,

LaRue!------??????---- we do live in the Land of LaRue,,,, we RO that match,,, just in case you wounder why it dosn't say

JP!!!!!!

Luke has been to two RM3G's,,

Looks like he plans for us to be doing this at least a couple of more years!!

post-11233-0-56287400-1339917867_thumb.j

Getting ready for the Match,,

Fathers day,

The kids made me, fathers day stuff!! Daughter made the Card, Bomb!!

Son made the RM3G,,, sign,,,

LaRue!------??????---- we do live in the Land of LaRue,,,, we RO that match,,, just in case you wounder why it dosn't say

JP!!!!!!

Luke has been to two RM3G's,,

Looks like he plans for us to be doing this at least a couple of more years!!

Jim,

Very cool - thanks for sharing! You've got some great kids - you should be rightfully proud!! :cheers:

The little shot gun wasn't bad. Hell, shotguns, revolvers, 50's,rockets, anything but that MP5K. At Iron,an there was a lot of heckling going on when I shot the MP5 stage. I am hoping that the Voodoo doll helped to finally get the MP5 monkey off my back.

The little shot gun wasn't bad. Hell, shotguns, revolvers, 50's,rockets, anything but that MP5K. At Iron,an there was a lot of heckling going on when I shot the MP5 stage. I am hoping that the Voodoo doll helped to finally get the MP5 monkey off my back.

At least they don't have a zipline at Rocky Mountain!