Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load 2 - Shotgun Reloading Demo

There are a few of these already out there, but I surprised myself immensely last night and started to consistently load 8 in 5.0 seconds so I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in the ring.

Sorry, if you're already moderately skilled with one of these, you'll probably find the first 3/4 of the video rather boring.

There are a few of these already out there, but I surprised myself immensely last night and started to consistently load 8 in 5.0 seconds so I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in the ring.

Sorry, if you're already moderately skilled with one of these, you'll probably find the first 3/4 of the video rather boring.

Good video you make it look easy.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

With the proliferation of the Load 2 technique and equipment, I'm thinking that any advantage that prolific weakhand reloaders had before this will be largely minimized now.

Kind of. Remember, they are all tools. I've been using the TWinS, in various prototype and production forms, for about a year now. BUT, on some stages I have still loaded traditional weakhand a few times, it just made sense. Shotgun is obviously a LARGE part of 3Gun, but it is also a multi-faceted tool. As opposed to the rifles short and long game and the pistol being pretty one dimensional. What I see now that I am loading faster is that I had NO clue how to shoot a shotgun. I was using it like a really slow rifle. The guys like Keith, Kurt, Daniel, Carl, Jeff (and several others) are not only monsters at loading, but at emptying that shotgun on target! On the HIGH round count shotgun stages I have heard a few of them say their hand was cramping...not so with a TWinS (or Load 2) load, so there, an advantage could be gained by them, albeit small.

Prior to using the TWinS, my shotgun scores were dismal. I broke maybe 30% of the flyers, my splits were like 1 second and I ended up putting about 20% more shells in the gun than the stage required due to misses. Now that I am no longer "scared" of reloading, I have been able to see, and correct my shotgun shooting, modify the stock and grip to fit me better. I might miss one bird per match now and my splits are in the range of 0.5 on close arrays. Still have a long way to go on my weakest platform of the three, but this method has made shotgun an enjoyable part of 3Gun. I was so focused on loading that I never ever saw the shooitng part of my shotgun game.

In my opinion, there are probably about 15 guys out there that would not gain any real match points by using a TWinS SSl Vest or FSL caddie. The rest will eventually use some sort of TWinS or Load 2 system, learn traditional weak or strong hand loading, or slide down in the rankings. Those 15 or so are already pretty darn good and their overall placement won't change at all due to these new loading systems.

The real beauty to me is the ramp up time is so short and our ergonomics make the TWinS system the most versatile. I am working with a pistol GM who is going to wade into 3Gun next year. The TWinS will be one segment of his game that will help him move to the top much faster. At the opposite end, I spent an hour on the phone with a C class shooter who is a senior and is now going to try 3Gun because the task of loading the shotgun is now less daunting. He went from a real 15 seconds to load 8 with his arthritic fingers to a solid 6 second range with about 2 hours of practice. He told me there is no way he would have been able to complete a 40 round stage prior to using the TWinS. That may not be progress measured on a scoresheet, but to me that is progress James and I are very proud of.

Cool video, Josh. I'm gonna try this when I go pheasant hunting. My buddies will be very impressed! :lol:

We actually have a few new assemblies in development, one of which will be awesome for hunting with the shotgun.

Cool video, Josh. I'm gonna try this when I go pheasant hunting. My buddies will be very impressed! :lol:

We actually have a few new assemblies in development, one of which will be awesome for hunting with the shotgun.

I want one of those without even seeing it. Great idea, although Fish and Game might look at you like a nut when they come across you in the field.

Mark, do you have links to any videos showing FSL loading? I am really curious how that looks compared to the various chest rig set ups...

Sure: http://www.youtube.com/user/markpcolo?feature=mhsn#p/u/9/kNxrQpdPgOo

Now that the 3G season is over, James with a win in Limited @ FNH :cheers: , we will get some more vidoes up, probably by the ned of the year.