Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 MGM Ironman

Power Factor change...who cares about power factor for the IronMan?

You guys that don't have any experience with the double spinner...pool some $ together and buy the target...very fun and will save some time in the long run. Test what ammo works best and supporting A GREAT sponsor at the same time!!!! Remember...test for both shotgun (shot and slug) and pistol.....you will find distance is a huge factor...as well as hitting it too :roflol:

Busyhawk

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify I was talking power, not power factor. So I should have said energy ft/lbs. I am currently trying to get a couple of guys together to purchace a spinner, which will be the best case. I do appriciate all of the input, and with an actual spinner at the range I can put the information to good use.

Thanks again for all the help.

If your shooting Trooper Division, just bring a 40 with your nine, otherwise 9mm is more then capable of turning the spinner, just takes more rounds, and pray that a Strong wind doesn't come in and kill the spinners movement completely.. like it happen to me last year :surprise:

Ya, the wind. I blame the wind for the way I shoot spinners too. :devil:

I have not shot the spinner yet and I have a few questions for those of you that have. I will be shooting a 9mm so I am wondering if there are any recommendations on ammo. Normally I shoot factory 115 and I see that the 124's are available with the same or a little better power, but when I look into the 147 grain stuff it seems to be lighter. I understand that most manufactures are trying to get a subsonic round, but I am looking for a 147 to help with the spinner.

I am willing to hand load a bunch of 147's if that is recommended but would like to also shoot some factory 115 at the paper. Is this allowed and even if it is would it be a bad idea?

Any input would be appriciated.

I have witnessed the spinner turned with fairly light loads with amazing speed, like 5 to 10 seconds. My first experience with the spinner I ran out of pistol ammo,thankfully, without spinning it. The 2 most important components are 1- don't miss and 2- time your shot. It is all about momentum. Shoot too early or miss and you kill your swing. Shoot too late and a good hit does not transfer enough energy to do you much good. What is too early/too late? That is where Scott's suggestion of buying one comes in! :devil:

Hey Trav,

Got the email about the "squadding". I assume this doesn't apply to staff.

Interesting way of doing it. I hope it works out.

Only if you don't plan on shooting!!! LOL!

Adios,

TG

• 1 month later...

Any idea for round count this year? I think i saw earlier in the thread that there will be less rounds than last year.

Take a look in your toybox. Pull out all the pistol mags and rifle mags you have, fill 'em up. As for shotgun, fill up your caddies, then fill your pockets. That should take care of one stage. Now multipe by 10 stages.

there you go. :D

1334615311[/url]' post='1684460']

Any idea for round count this year? I think i saw earlier in the thread that there will be less rounds than last year.

still finishing up the stages, but right now it's looking like about 90/stage on average. this doesn't count the bolt gun, the MP5, or the stage gun for the tunnel stage. If you figured on 300 of each and 80 slugs, you'd be pretty close. should have stages soon...within the next month or so.adios,TG

Take a look in your toybox. Pull out all the pistol mags and rifle mags you have, fill 'em up. As for shotgun, fill up your caddies, then fill your pockets. That should take care of one stage. Now multipe by 10 stages.

Troopers don't have the luxury of bringing everything. Reshoots will be the killer.

Troopers don't have the luxury of bringing everything. Reshoots will be the killer.

Reshoots at Ironman? :D

Here is the round count. Stage 8 (Zombiland) is a guess as it's not quite finished yet, but this will be pretty close. I heard some serious complaining last year about the bonus targets, so there are only a few...like 2... The long range bonus' are still in effect. 15 rounds required. Roughly same distances as last year.

On another note, if you don't have a squad yet, you should get one. Please contact one of the squad moms.

Adios,

TG

Gun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Total Rifle 30 37 28 0 27 28 30 30 30 30 30 300 Pistol 30 36 32 24 18 36 25 30 30 30 31 322 Shotgun 20 26 19 0 13 20 29 30 17 21 30 225 Slug 6 0 10 0 4 4 8 6 13 10 0 61 Slug bonus 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Rifle Bonus 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Pistol Bonus 0 0 0 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 6 LR Rifle Bonus 0 0 15 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 15 MP5 0 0 0 0 25 0 0 0 0 0 0 25 Stage gun (ammo provided) 0 0 0 0 16 0 0 0 0 0 0 16 0 Total/stage 86 99 104 30 103 88 92 96 90 91 91 970

let's try that again...

Stage 1

Rifle 30, P 30 SG 20, SL 6

Stage 2

R 37, P 36, SG 26

Stage 3

R 28, P 28, SG 19 SL 10, LR rifle 15

Stage 4 Zip line

Pistol 24 Bonus pistol 6

Stage 5

R 27, P 18, SG 13, SL 4, MP5 25, Stage pistol 16

Stage 6

R 28, P 36, SG 20, SL 4

Stage 7

R 30, P 25, SG 29, SL 8

Stage 8 (estimated)

R 30, P 30, SG 30, SL 6

Stage 9

R 30, P 30, SG 17, SL 13

Stage 10

R 30, P 30, SG 21, SL 10

Stage 11

R 30, P 31, SG 30

Totals

R 300, P 328, SG 225, SL 61, LR Rifle 15, Stage pistol 16, MP5 25....970 total if my math is right.

Adios,

TG

Edited by tgibson

Reshoots at Ironman? :D

It happens. On Teee Veeee Pat K got a reshoot after forgetting his pistol (or something). The RO gave him a reshoot because he wasn't asked about his pistol before he started.

Also last year one of the JR's got schrapnel to the forehead. Blood was dripping down and going into his eyes. The RO (Daniel Horner's dad) allowed him to stop and do a reshoot.

Shooter: "Can I stop?"

Horner: "Why?"

Shooter: "Blood is dripping into my eyes."

Horner: "... So?"

:roflol:

So if you are bleeding like a stuck pig or you are on Teee Veee you can get a reshoot.

I can assure you That the RO (me) did not give Mr Kelly a reshoot last year on the long range stage. The match director gave him a reshoot, even though I consider Pat a friend, I think he should not have gotten a reshoot. I was actualy in favor of some sort of time penalty being added to his time for not following instructions, but the match director felt otherwise. Not the RO's call, the final word on all reshoots and DQ 's belongs to the match director. Pat's was the only reshoot on my stage, and the filming had nothing to do with it.

I can assure you That the RO (me) did not give Mr Kelly a reshoot last year on the long range stage. The match director gave him a reshoot, even though I consider Pat a friend, I think he should not have gotten a reshoot. I was actualy in favor of some sort of time penalty being added to his time for not following instructions, but the match director felt otherwise. Not the RO's call, the final word on all reshoots and DQ 's belongs to the match director. Pat's was the only reshoot on my stage, and the filming had nothing to do with it.

I stand corrected. The way it was edited lead me to believe that the RO (you?) was basically lobbying for the reshoot.

http://3gunnation.com/episodes/mgm_ironman_part_ii

A couple of years ago one shooter (I won't name him but his initals are RJ) forgot to have his shotgun staged on the long range stage. In the middle of the stage he discovered that it was missing and he ran through the crowd, on the clock, retrieved his shotgun from his bag, ran back through the crowd and finished the stage. That's how it's done at Ironman!

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

The reason I called for the match director is because I knew he was close and that Pat would ask to see him anyway. You can clearly hear me tell Pat it was his lucky day and that he had been offered a reshoot, Like I said, it was the match directors call, he made his descision and I stand by it as a good one, even if I would have ruled differently. The ironman is a shooters match, and is run for the benefit of those that enjoy shooting in demanding high volume matches. The match director decided in favor of the shooter when there was a question in us mind, I fully respect the difficult dscision that he made.

I stand corrected. The way it was edited lead me to believe that the RO (you?) was basically lobbying for the reshoot.

http://3gunnation.com/episodes/mgm_ironman_part_ii

Yeah, being filmed wont get you reshoots, it only saves you from DQs ;) (no, not in any way in reference to anyone mentioned above)

Edited by gose

If you don't have a squad for ironman yet, please contact one of these people and ask to be on their squad.

OLHOT 1 Shawn Talley stlhead@gmail.com 1 William Lutz whiskeylima33@gmail.com 2 Austin Hecker a.hecker@bresnan.net 2 Scott McGregor scottmcgregor92067@yahoo.com 3 Joseph Austria joseph.austria@gmail.com 3 Tim Kelly tkelly@andrewsinternational.com 4 Tom Kettells duckbutt@comcast.net 4 Gabe Lange glange@Leupold.com 5 Scott Dye gsdye431@q.com 5 Heidi Salman Chsal@comcast.net 6 Paul Shanks pauls@hoganguns.com 6 Joe Harris creek375@gmail.com 7 Joe Harris creek375@gmail.com 7 Richard Doel scuba357@comcast.net 8 Alex Wakal wakal@hotmail.com 8 Brett Johnson brett@sacramentoblackrifle.com

I'll try again....how I hate this....

Edited by tgibson

OLHOT match

OLHOT Shawn Talley stlhead@gmail.com Austin Hecker a.hecker@bresnan.net Joseph Austria joseph.austria@gmail.com Tom Kettells duckbutt@comcast.net Scott Dye gsdye431@q.com Paul Shanks pauls@hoganguns.com Joe Harris creek375@gmail.com Alex Wakal wakal@hotmail.com

ST match

ST William Lutz whiskeylima33@gmail.com Scott McGregor scottmcgregor92067@yahoo.com Tim Kelly tkelly@andrewsinternational.com Gabe Lange glange@Leupold.com Heidi Salman Chsal@comcast.net Joe Harris creek375@gmail.com Richard Doel scuba357@comcast.net Brett Johnson brett@sacramentoblackrifle.com