Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Trojan 5.0 40 S&W

deerassassin22

picked up a Trojan in .40 on Sunday...

I'm super happy!!

just order the tgo tech-well and in the next couple of weeks getting the trigger done, and the FO front sight...

I'm super exited about this gun and the upcoming western state singe stack championship at Rio :D

i think you'll like it too :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm super happy!!

just order the tgo tech-well and in the next couple of weeks getting the trigger done, and the FO front sight...

I'm super exited about this gun and the upcoming western state singe stack championship at Rio :D

Wow..! I guess Cali has improved some.. I thought there was a 7 day (Or some period) wait..

Or did you have to buy it earlier and finally picked it up?

I know the Trojans are top notch and recommend them constantly..

I'm super happy!!

Wow..! I guess Cali has improved some.. I thought there was a 7 day (Or some period) wait..

Or did you have to buy it earlier and finally picked it up?

I know the Trojans are top notch and recommend them constantly..

10 days, paid for it a few weeks back picked it up Sunday :)

I have had mine for a month or two. I bought some Metalform mags and they work ok (what STI sends with the gun), I ordered an EGW mag release and am waiting on that. I am shooting 180 grain lead at 950 and had some hang ups on feeding the last match I shot during the last two stages. I think the lube, lead and tight chamber caught up with me, I need to run the bore snake thru between stages. I added a Fusion Chainlink mainspring housing/magwell and changed the grips. It really is a tight and accurate gun, I have been keeping it well lubed for the break in period and think it is a great gun.

DSC_0001.jpg

Chainlink mainspring and front strap.

4cf7237692025preview-300.jpg

Great gun for SS, but not for IDPA.

Why not?

I use 40S&W for ESP without issue.

post #18

Not true.

I use Tripp Research 10rd System mags and they fit the box.

I also reload and have shot using a PF of 175, but have recently load to a PF of 149.

Great gun for SS, but not for IDPA.

Why not?

I use 40S&W for ESP without issue.

post #18

Chad, those that run the flex follower can get 10 rounds in the magazine. It takes a well tuned gun to run like that and a nice roundy bullet but it does work. When I shoot my gun in ESP I just load 9+1, I have the hybrids so I can only get 9 in the mags anyway.

I shoot a custom Hard Chromed (beadblasted to matte) 40 S&W: Mod 70 Colt Lower, STI Slide (stainless), Kart unsuported barrel with fitted bushing. Wilson mag catch & slide release, 2.5 lb. trigger. The Tripp 10mm mags with steel followers that I have (9rnd.) do hold 10 rounds with a slight bit of forcing the 10th round into the mag. I can get 10+1 to start with 10 reloadable using the Tripp 10mm HV Stainless mags. My gun will go to slide lock & load from the Tripp 10mm HV Stainless mags with 10 rounds from slide lock reliably. I prefer to shoot without going to slide lock so I have five of the same mags setup so there is no slide lock, I prefer to count my shots & reload. I shoot IDPA ESP, USPSA L-10 & SS (8 rnd. Stainless Mec-Gar mags) with this gun shooting major loads. My OAL is 1.131. Use Berry 155gr. HBRN over 5.0gr. of Titegroup and get an average 168.21 PF. My shorter OAL is what feeds reliably in my gun. Round nose bullets are part of the secret to reliable feeding. Although my gun will feed reliably truncated & semi-truncated bullets as well. Spent alot of time & money to have a reliable shoot every time 40 S&W gun. I shoot my 40 S&W at the same speed with better accuracy than my custom Loaded SA 9mm Stainless Target. I'm probably a little too complacent with the 9mm and don't drive it like the 40.

The Trojan is a good gun to start with & with a little time, money & experimentation it will be a great gun & reliable shooter.

post-14994-0-39871900-1319046062_thumb.j

STI is NOT on the DOJ list. I just checked...

So what? Do a single shot shot exemption. Nothing prevents you from converting the pistol back to semi automatic once the 10 day wait period is over.

I have an STI 2011 in my name like this. I am not LEO. And I did not get the pistol transferred from someone in CA who already had it.

There are ways around the "safe" roster.

Edited by JaeOne3345

• 9 months later...