Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Question

bbbean

Maybe I've spent too much time shooting on my own property or thinking about cleanup and teardown at our club, but how do they clean up the broken glass after Top Shot stages? It seems like they've shot an awful lot of glass over sand, grass, and prairie scrub, and there's not a tarp to be seen.

Maybe I've spent too much time shooting on my own property or thinking about cleanup and teardown at our club, but how do they clean up the broken glass after Top Shot stages? It seems like they've shot an awful lot of glass over sand, grass, and prairie scrub, and there's not a tarp to be seen.

Glass starts as sand! The circle of life... Dust to Dust :rolleyes:

It's not so bad if it is just an impact zone. I just hope they never use those areas for running and gunning with the potential to slip.

"Well contestants we are sorry to see ____________ leave but when he fell he picked up dozens of glass slivers and will not be able to compete until all his wounds heal."

Ever wonder why it take's 20 minutes to do ALL the shooting for the entire season but they are on site for 6 weeks? ;)

We spend 8 hours at a USPSA match to shoot for 60 seconds :mellow: kinda the same thing. :blush:

Edited by danscrapbags

My wife swears all we do is sit out there and shoot the chit. :D

There's quite a bit of chit shootin' at our matches... That's half the fun.

Back on topic... maybe they are using sugar glass, like in the movies? I allways thought that the glass breaks kind of weird.

Funny that you started this topic. My housemate's studies in college focus on the enviroment, communities, and how people interact with the areas that they live in. He is a fan of the show, and a shooter as well, commented back in the middle of Season 2 that he wished that the show made a effort to show responsible cleanup after all the fun of shooting. He felt that show may encourage yahoos to just leave trash at gravel pits instead of cleaning up after themselves.

Glass starts as sand! The circle of life... Dust to Dust :rolleyes:

I used to work with a dozer driver who drank a sixer of Tab every day. Yes. Tab. He'd toss the empties in front and "put 'em back in back in the ground where they came from."

Ever wonder why it take's 20 minutes to do ALL the shooting for the entire season but they are on site for 6 weeks? ;)

We spend 8 hours at a USPSA match to shoot for 60 seconds :mellow: kinda the same thing. :blush:

Heh, I WISH I could do a match in 60 seconds :unsure::bow:

Have you seen the house they get to stay in and the range they get to shoot on? :surprise: I'd stay as long as possible too! :cheers:

Have you seen the house they get to stay in and the range they get to shoot on? :surprise: I'd stay as long as possible too! :cheers:

But I'll through BEnoverse withdrawal with the no phones, no computers rule.

Gotta admit this has bothered me from the start (Season 1) ... not necessarily because I am green but because it one of the things I did as a kid that my dad specifically "addressed" with me when he found out.... if you get my drift. I grew up shooting on our land (mix of woods and pastures). Honestly, once he told me that the glass never breaks down and folks could cut their feet in the future ... well it made total sense and it's a little like fingernails on a chalkboard when I see others do it.

Back on topic... maybe they are using sugar glass, like in the movies? I allways thought that the glass breaks kind of weird.

As for sugarglass ... never seen it. But some of those targets look like everyday items you'd buy so I doubt it. I'm thinking of the glass globes from last weeks elimination as a prime example. I believe a close up was shown that made them look like cheap light fixtures ? Excellent question for one of the past contestants?

The targets do not break up like regular glass. So as stated has to be sugar glass or whatever. As a kid I used to shoot all the glass bottles etc. in ditches for fun then realized that some poor critter could get hurt. So I stopped that and started shooting the critters :roflol: (only kidding on the critters except for crawdads)

This is a movie set more or less, do you really think that all the glass that gets broken in a movie is real? You are really concerned about the mess left by this production?...... Really?..... Really?....I'm bewildered...Really?..... :rolleyes: