Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

He-Man National Championship

My 26" Rem 870 just wont cut it...need sights for slugs <_<

Gonna have to break down, smear myself with olive oil, and go buy a super nova :mellow:

J-Ho will never let me live it down :blink: ...If by chance he doesnt read this thread, I may get away with it :cheers:

Jim

PS Chris is collecting his WEE guns and his scooby doo under shorts :sight:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Travel safe Dan, see ya next week! Dont forget to bring Jim & Nanci, and dont let them talk into comming without them!

Denise sat on a prickly pear this evening...I actually learned a couple of new colorful metafors...

Will probably finish setup tomorrow, then monday just an easy day filling in the blanks!

JJ

Jim and Nanci better show up. They have my ammo! Even though Jim said he left some for me to shoot the match. :roflol:

A video of Denise would surely be a winner of Funniest Videos. Unlike the staged ones that are on TV. Although, I don't live with her, video at your peril.

Only a couple more days to work before we play. :cheers:

Ok, we have Chris registered as "Wee Lampert" roflmao

All stages' targets are out. Gonna sight in the 50 1st this morning, then go build a couple of props, the preload tables, fill in any other need-to-be-dones, and then Denise (a "wee man" competitor) will shoot the stage in between now and thurs.

See yall soon!

JJ

Edited by RiggerJJ

Best of Luck to all you folks that get to play at the Whittington Center this week! :cheers:

Some of us will need all the luck we can get!

What is it...Winners are either good, lucky or treacherous...you choose.

Best of Luck to all you folks that get to play at the Whittington Center this week! :cheers:

Some of us will need all the luck we can get!

What is it...Winners are either good, lucky or treacherous...you choose.

Im old :huh: ...so its all the above :devil:

Down to the last couple of million things I have to do before I can go :blink:

But I DO have a couple of VERY nice STEAKS to grill on Thursday night..and some quite nicely aged tequila :eatdrink:

Jim

Well, Denise is done shooting the stages in. I have shot 5 so far.

A small clue;

Our target barn is empty; no targets or props left, they are all on the stages...the 7 stages for the HeMan Nationals. We usually set up 9 stages for Rocky Mountain with the same amount of stuff...bring ammo, lots of ammo...

And oxygen would be good too if you have it...:)

JJ

A small clue;

Our target barn is empty; no targets or props left, they are all on the stages...the 7 stages for the HeMan Nationals. We usually set up 9 stages for Rocky Mountain with the same amount of stuff...bring ammo, lots of ammo...

JJ

My ammo is already there, in excess of what was stated. I just hope it's enough!

A small clue;

JJ

My ammo is already there, in excess of what was stated. I just hope it's enough!

Well, there are plenty of rocks to use if you run out... lol!

I'm sure you will be ok Dan.

JJ

A small clue;

JJ

Well, there are plenty of rocks to use if you run out... lol!

I'm sure you will be ok Dan.

JJ

The answer should have been "What ammo" :devil: :devil: :devil:

Shoot well Dan, my day here ended very quickly :(

Well, day one is done. Got to shoot the Barrett, a S&W Governor, and a full auto AK for stage guns.

It's great to hit steel at 535 yards with an old iron sighted M1A. Now to remember all the targets. We had to break for lightning for a few minutes.

3 more stages to go!

Wheeeeee!!! Saturday is in the books! Looks like Kuan is walking away with HeMan Irons, but Tate and Ken A are neck in neck for HeMan Scope. 3 more stages tomorrow!

Congrats to Jared for winning the very unique HeMan-only shoot-offs! (Tater was 2nd) The 1st stage of the shoot-offs was a hoot! Glad the weather didnt crump on us! :)

JJ

Got home a bit ago from He-Man Championships (AKA Big Johnson). Those of you who decided to not attend this match (for whatever reason) you missed a truly outstanding match. There were 7 huge stages which were all RM3G caliber with some unique to He-Man tweeks and challenges. There was tons of shooting and no places where you were idol or not shooting. There were some difficult shots to make at distance, with awkward shooting positions. Contrary to some of your apprehensions, this was not a rifle heavy match, but rather an almost equal balance of all three platforms. There was just enough movement in the shotgun portions to keep it from being a shotgun reloading contest, and in fact, the key to doing well on the shotgun stage was simply making all your hits. Slug shots were reigned in 20yds from the usual 100yd max distance, so everything was actually doable by every one there. Every competitor I chatted with spoke only of how incredible every stage was, without exception. I liked them all and found stage 5 (all shotgun) to be my favorite. I had an especially good run on 5 and came off the stage with the adrenaline pumping in my ears. Luckily that was one of the stages I had my buddy film on my phone, so I get to enjoy it again.

The shootout on Sat evening was a hoot! 21 shoots shot long range on par time to see who would get to go to the final 8 man head to head shoot off. I had the honor of being the first of the 8 knocked out of the final shoot off. It was really fun though and I hope they do the shoot off again next year.

This is a match worth having long term and the Johnson's have commited to finding a less conflicting weekend for next season. If you have any intension, no matter how weak, of attending next year, you need to respond here and voice your support of this match. I don't want to see this match be a one hit wonder. It was just too good.

Congrats to Kuan Watson and Tate Moots for thier excellent performances and 1st place finishes. Kuan threw down many of the stage overalls, beating the pants off most scoped competitors, with irons. Dude just makes it look easy. Good on you both!

Thankyou JJ and Denise for all your hard work and a wonderful, wonderful match! It's been over for a few hours and I'm already looking forward to the next one.

Edited by co-exprs

I didn't pay co-exprs anything, I promise!!!!

In some ways, I was glad it was a little smaller. We got done early. The RO's were tired, but still breathing!

I missed my amazing stats crew from RM3G. I don't adore stats!!!

Also...I was not ricochet rabbit right before awards. I had time to double check results and set up the TWO prize tables!!!

(Yes, we did have 2. I told all the wee-men, that we would treat them like second class citizens, much as He-Men are treated regularly, and we did! Top wee-man did get a cute little trophy though!)

Congrats to our big guns Kuan Watson and Tate Moots who not only won their divisions, but are both once again listed on the Eddie Rhodes (the ORIGINAL HE-MAN) travelling law trophy! Also, to top wee-woman Vicki Carlton. How cool is that?)

But, I really wanted to say thank-you to the RO's...some new to us, and some old...(almost 75) :devil: . We got nothing but raves for all of you from the competitors and you helped us so much! All stages were torn down and going into the shed BEFORE the match was even supposed to be over! You were AMAZING!!!! :bow:

Thanks to ALL of you, He-Men and wee-men...(by the way, Jared Millinazzo is top wee-man! :roflol: )!

We could not have asked for a better bunch of shooters. You all worked hard. No one had to be bugged about resetting! You laughed, said nice things, were smiling most of the time...when you weren't out of breath, and were just such good people! It was like a big family reunion!!! As I always say, 3-Gunners are the best!!!!

I hope all of you had as much fun as we did!!!! Thanks for being supportive and fun! It was a great weekend!

:wub:

Denise

i just unloaded the truck. we rolled out at 430 this AM. what a GREAT match! I thoroughly enjoyed every stage. (JJ keep this stuff going for RM3G). for all that didn't make it, kick yourselves in the shins! this was the best set up i have seen in a long time. i am so glad i was there (torn ACL and all). I shot with a great squad and the ROs were superb! i have now shot a 50 BMG. that is enough for one lifetime. (read that to mean i missed the doggone target.)

The Good Lord willing and my knees don't totally crap out i will be there next year.

:cheers:

I thoroughly enjoyed shooting this match, even as a wee man. All of the stages were challenging but fun with pretty even dispersion of rifle, pistol and shotgun. JJ, Denise and all their ROs worked hard and we finished way ahead of time. The only bad thing about the match was the lack of shooters, so next year I hope more people come out.