Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom Glock Slide Machining

Bob Hostetter

Glockworx did my Glock slide machining. They did a clean job and had a fast turnaround. I'm completely satisfied with the service they provided. However, Glockworx has sky-high refinishing prices and unreasonable lead times, so I got the slide refinished at a separate location.

My next full-custom Glock will have the machining done by Cheely or FGW. They are artists.

-Randy

Matt Cheely did my 24 and all of my shooting buddies Glock 24's. It is nice to have a world-class gunsmith 45 minutes from my house. :cheers:

I'm sorry but I'll just have to believe that you made this up until I see photo evidence! :)

But really, how do you feel it affected the behavior of the gun and your shooting?

Matt Cheely did my 24 and all of my shooting buddies Glock 24's. It is nice to have a world-class gunsmith 45 minutes from my house. :cheers:

I'm sorry but I'll just have to believe that you made this up until I see photo evidence! :)

But really, how do you feel it affected the behavior of the gun and your shooting?

+1 to seeing different pics...

I want to know what was noticed too...I have a 35 and want to know if doing more cuts will be noticable.

+1 to seeing different pics...

I want to know what was noticed too...I have a 35 and want to know if doing more cuts will be noticable.

The pictures would be very disappointing to all of you. I merely wanted functional front cocking serrations added. He offered to take a bunch of weight out of the gun. I asked him if it would really help or just look cool. He smirked and said it would only help if I thought it did. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Got the slide from Matt today ... here is a bad picture.

Use to be a 'blank' G34 Caspian slide with the front and rear serration and the sight cuts ... Looking forward to try it tomorrow.

Monday is going out for IronBond 'treatment'

Matt Cheely did my 34 open gun for me as well. Did cuts similar to jriera's on the slide sides except they are not angled and the G18c type accelerator cut on top between the ejection port and the rear site dovetail. The quality of his work is top notch and the turn time was better then every place I looked at getting the work done at.

It's the only one like it I have seen from TX to the FL panhandle since he worked on it for me back in '07 or '08. Folks love to look at it whenever I take it to a

match.

Malladus

any chance of getting Matt from ccgunworks on the phone? I would like him to slice and dice my new slide but didn't see a number on the site. I'm sure he is a busy guy since he is doing everyone on this forums gun... I guess I could have emailed in the time it took to type this. Its kinda like talking to the Dr before you go into surgery, it isn't going to change much but it makes you feel better. (first gun I'm having slide cut btw) :blink: