Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The parts that shall soon become one .....

bberkley

BrianH is building me a STI-framed Limited gun. Its still got some black polymer, but its not a Glock! (I've been primarily a Glock jockey for several years)

STI Long/Wide grip frame

STI Unique slide

Nowlin .40 ramped bull barrel

SV TriGlide trigger long/flat

STI Ti hammer strut

STI Ti mainspring cap

King's Grip safety

Ed Brown ambi long/wide thumb safety

EGW Magwell

BoMar rear, Brazos fiber front

C&S sear, hammer, and disconnector

parts_01_small.jpg

Joshua,

Provided BrianH doesn't get too swamped, I've asked him to take photos along the way.

This is the first time I've had someone build me something from scratch. I would have liked to attempted it myself, but computers/networks are my bag of tricks.

Brian

"I would love to see some computer nerd come up with a morph slowly showing the evolution of a gun from parts, through machining to final product."
It could still be done... perhaps with sequential still-shots... a la Claymation.

You guys are worse than me. When BrianH sent me the pics the other night, first thing I noticed was the lack of a firing pin spring. I didn't ask about the link/pin because we had already covered that during one of our many conversations about what I wanted. Also, I know the magwell pin is there because I delivered some of the parts, he ordered the rest.

And no, thats not a shock buff. I can't imagine using one in anything other than a 10/22.

• 4 weeks later...

BrianH is almost done with the new blaster. I'm going to take it out and try it out before he finishes it up. Just some minor cosmetic things to finish, then get it broken in and send it off for finishing. I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'll have it blued or hard chromed. The plan now is for bluing.

The trigger is so nice compared to the Glocks in the stable. I can't wait to shoot it in a match. The slide has been tri-topped, and its currently setup with a stainless reverse-plug guiderod.

hawleycustom.jpg

Hey Trey,

No, I probably won't shoot it in a match until Sept. (sometime after the 14th I expect). Just going to break it in, and practice with it.

I'll bring it with me to the SS Championship in July if you want to see it up close and personal.

Brian