Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington VersaMax for 3-gun ?

StealthyBlagga

I am contemplating retirement for my trusty 11-87 in favor of the Remington VersaMax. For those few pioneers who use a VersaMax for 3-gun, what are your impressions so far? Has this platform proved reliable with a variety of 3-gun ammo? How are the ergonomics and handling? What barrel length are you running? Magazine extension? Also, I'm one of the minority that prefers pistol grip stocks on shotguns... do you think a stock designed for the 11-87 will fit the VersaMax?

I am contemplating retirement for my trusty 11-87 in favor of the Remington VersaMax. For those few pioneers who use a VersaMax for 3-gun, what are your impressions so far? Has this platform proved reliable with a variety of 3-gun ammo? How are the ergonomics and handling? What barrel length are you running? Magazine extension? Also, I'm one of the minority that prefers pistol grip stocks on shotguns... do you think a stock designed for the 11-87 will fit the VersaMax?

NOPE...sorry....YOU can't retire that gun...you have been beating us over the head with it, letting us know it is the bestest shotgun that never fails and runs forever, what on earth are you thinking??? Just get another 11-87 and keep it up!

Tongue in cheek mister (kinda)

I know Travis Gibson runs one and he seems to like it.

KellyN has more firsthand witnessed intel.

Would the world go to hell if you did not buy another Remington??? :cheers:

Patrick

Saw some vids today of someone running a Versa on Stage 1 at Rockcastle ProAm that seemed to have some kind of issue.

However, I come to the opinion all makes of shotguns can give problems at some time. Some may be more optimum for 3G than others, but I believe that Beretta Extrema, Benelli , SX's,CZ's, FN's Brng Golds, Remmys, and Mossbergs can all be made to run this game with the right care , ammo and attention to details . Find one you like and tweak it to the game. Just my .02 worth

NOPE...sorry....YOU can't retire that gun...you have been beating us over the head with it, letting us know it is the bestest shotgun that never fails and runs forever, what on earth are you thinking??? Just get another 11-87 and keep it up!

Would the world go to hell if you did not buy another Remington???

I wanna quite while I'm ahead :roflol: . And YES, it has to be a Remington. I prefer pistol grip stocks and this means buying American. I would buy an FN/Winchester but I just can't bring myself to pay money for something as fugly as the FN pistol grip stock.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

(copied from the above link)

- 12 gauge duh

- 22-inch barrel (more barrel options to come) hopefully a 24"

- Magazine capacity: 2.75-inch (7+1); 3-inch (6+1); note: there is no 3.5-inch option 22" and 7+1? WTH?

- Picatinny rail mounted on receiver Yup, cuz we really need that...

- Clamp on side of barrel for mounting lights, lasers and other accessories for the Mall Ninja stage...

- Over-sized bolt handle, release button and safety Actually useful.

- Two choke options: improved cylinder; ported "tactical" breacher choke Remchokes are cheap, pick up a LM and M, toss the tactical and breacher.

- MSRP: $1,399 so a street price of about $1199

Edited by ken hebert

Daniel, Robbie J and Bruce Piatt have convinced me to give it a try. Robbie and Daniel run cutdown versions. Bruce said he is going to roll with the 26 in barrel as am I. I won't say they're perfect but I'm sure they're better than the 1100\1187 series.

Greg B had a major problem with his on stage 1 when the firing pin retaining pin came loose looking the gun up. Daniel seems to really like his but he is letting the poor mag tube rust away. Daniel clean that poor thing!

I read online that the Tactical version comes out this December apparently. Would have the extended mag tub already installed. So I am kinda of interested in getting one eventually.

Remington Versa Max Tactical Story

Nordic alraady has the tube and given the lackluster choke options on what Remington is going to relaase for tactical, wouldn't you be better off with the current offering with a full set of chokes, a nordic tube, and an aftermarket bolt handle and safety?

Edited by Charles Bond