Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35 for Production?

twister

It should work. Dave Sevigny has won the USPSA Limited with a G35, and the G35 is also legit for IPSC Production.

That's actually the reason why I got a G35 -- I wanted to make Major and compete in IPSC and USPSA, while having the option to download to a soft power factor for IDPA.

I'm thinking of buying a model 35 to shoot in Production. If I get the 35, I could also shoot it in Limited. Do you think this would work, or should I stick with a model 34?

if you a reload i would go for the 35. there are alot of soft shooting minor loads you can make.you can also load for major for limted or limited 10.there is alot of great information on this site.im sure more seasoned shooters will reply.

That is what I did, well sort of... I started with a 17 for production and IDPA SSP, then I was shooting a 17 in prod and a 22 in limited. Then I bought a Dillon and started reloading. Then I bought a 35 and have been shooting that in everything. Limited with major rounds and a ZEV magwell, production with minor ammo and IDPA ssp with minor. I am not great at any of them but it was nice to just use one gun for pretty much everything. I just bought an awesome 2011 so I am probably going to sell the 35 and get something for IDPA. Maybe a G-22 with a magwell for ESP.... The 35 has served me well, you cant go wrong it shoots really nice with minor loads. :cheers:

I think one should consider a G35 even if one doesn't reload.

I myself don’t reload anymore, since it takes too much time. If I want softer shooting ammo, I just buy it. The cheapest .40 ammo I’ve found is actually a 150 power factor load from BVAC (they’re the guys who make the cheapest brass ammo – BVAC ammo is almost always the cheapest ammo per round on sites like cheaperthandirt.com). If I want to go to 130 PF, I just buy Atlanta Arms ammo. Yes, it’s more expensive than reloading, but I only shoot the 130 PF ammo in matches and shoot the cheapest ammo when I practice, so it’s not bad at all.

if you a reload i would go for the 35. there are alot of soft shooting minor loads you can make.you can also load for major for limted or limited 10.there is alot of great information on this site.im sure more seasoned shooters will reply.

I'm thinking of buying a model 35 to shoot in Production. If I get the 35, I could also shoot it in Limited. Do you think this would work, or should I stick with a model 34?

I made Grand Master in both Limited and Production with a G35. I finished top 16 the two times I shoot the G35 at the Production Nationals.

It works.

Other than the cost of ammo (while not as bad as factory ammo, even reloading the cost is a bit over 9mm), I cannot think of a reason not to use the 35 in Production. As was said above, has advantages. Also, you can use it when you need/want to shoot major for some 3 gun or Limited, etc. The Dawson magwell is easy to put on and take off if you want to add it for those divisions/matches.

I just picked up a 35 last year just for production with the option of using it for limited and limited 10. It is arguably the best all around gun for uspsa being competitive in all three!

Also a fine IDPA gun.

I made IDPA ESP Master and B class Production with a G35 and 130 PF ammo. I much prefer the feel of 40 minor. My G34's are gathering dust. :D

You have so many options with the 35 i.e L-10, Limited, and Steel isn't a problem with .40 loads, even minor pf.

• 2 weeks later...

I made IDPA ESP Master and B class Production with a G35 and 130 PF ammo. I much prefer the feel of 40 minor. My G34's are gathering dust. :D

You have so many options with the 35 i.e L-10, Limited, and Steel isn't a problem with .40 loads, even minor pf.

I have been shooting a 35 Gen 4 for the last six months and prefer it to the 34. I prefer the 40 minor to the 9. I shoot it in IDPA SSP and USPSA Production. My experience is that the 40 seems to not be as picky to reload for and gives you the option to shoot major for limited and limited 10. The cost of reloading is about $3.00/100 more than 9, but I guess if I can't afford the difference I probably can't afford to be shooting anyway. Just my opinion.