Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Junior Makes GM (Production)

JThompson

A friend of mine Alex Gutt just made GM. He's only been shooting three years now (17yrs old) and is awesome. Glock or someone need to snatch this kid up... He's going to be winning Areas soon and who knows after that. Also, he's just the nicest kid you will ever meet...

He's personable, well spoken and doesn't throw a hissy if things don't go his way. He should get his card with the next update...

Here's one of his last two that went over 100% This was shot in one go, not multiple attempts.

Watch out Production guys... Let's all give him a well done!

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

JT

Edited by JThompson

Super job Alex - I shot with him & his Dad at Indiana & he blew me away with his talent & ice in his veins - Glock needs to pick him up now to take Dave's big shoes, he really rocks with that 34 in his hands - hope to shoot with you again down the road - Good Luck.

Sometimes the young ones don't know it's supposed to be hard.

I understand what you are saying,but because of my youth the seemingly impossible seemed possible to me. And because of my youth I knew I had much to learn. I was not jaded by life experiences that seem to come with adulthood. I saw my goal so I refused to let anything get in the way.

I didn't just walk in a GM. Yes, I started young and was given some good advice along the way. But I was teachable and I put in the time in those 3 1/2 years. I listened to people, dry fired countless hours(I used your dry fire book,thanks), read Saul Kirsch books, read on this forum, and I watched videos of pro shooters and implemented great things I saw in them into my own shooting.i.e. Chris Tilley's ability to shoot on the move, Travis Tomasie's reload, Eric Grauffel's consistency, and Max Michel's and K.C. Eusebio's raw shooting speed, and many more.

I'm not saying that I had it harder than anybody else because that's just not true. But like I said earlier, I didn't walk in a GM at my first match.

Edited by GLOCK PILOT

I understand what you are saying,but ...

Alex, not speaking for Steve, but I am pretty sure he meant that as a compliment. (and, I am not sure/saying that you took it any other way)

Again, congratulation. Great work!!

Alex, not speaking for Steve, but I am pretty sure he meant that as a compliment. (and, I am not sure/saying that you took it any other way)

That's what I thought. But wasn't sure. :)

Having been called a "natural" at a couple club matches, I'm wary of applying that label to others because it sort of undervalued the work I've put into the sport. I can see how his statement could be misunderstood.

Congrats Alex! Now go beat Sevigny! :D