Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do any of the top shooters NOT use a FO sight?

I think that Matt Cheely runs plain black.

I am not a top shooter, but I switched from FO to plain black last year and it makes a huge difference. I found the FO to be way too distracting and it was allowing me to accept sloppier sight pictures. Once you go black...

I am not a top shooter, but I switched from FO to plain black last year and it makes a huge difference. I found the FO to be way too distracting and it was allowing me to accept sloppier sight pictures. Once you go black...

The plain black sight forces you to look for the light on either side of the sight before pulling the trigger rather than just pulling the trigger whenever the glowing orb is in the notch. I too find the fiber optic rather distracting, but I'm not a "top shooter", either.

I think you'll find that a lot more of the younger shooters or those others that still have good eyesight, haven't found the need to try a fiber optic. I'm 58 and the fiber optic has helped. It's not as precise as a plain black sight, but has helped me. Mark

I think that Matt Cheely runs plain black.

Now thats funny!!!!!

I tried 'em once or twice and really wanted to like them, but I couldn't.

It may be easier for a non-open shooter to adjust to, but for me it was too much like a dot in my vision, way too distracting.

Black on brown takes 'em down!

(p.c. translation: Black sights on brown cardboard targets is the optimal setup for competition shooting in my opinion)

:)