Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to purchase bulk 230 grn RN moly bullets in bulk

davester00

Could you fellas point me toward a place that sells Moly coated bulk (>10k) 230 grn round nose .45 bullets and (>5k) 124 grn 9mm bullets.

I've heard of BC or Bear Creek being the most cost effective but can't seem to find them anywhere on-line.

Thank guys.

Edited by davester00

I think Bear Creek sells through his distribution network ONLY. So you ask around at the matches for the local Bear Creek guy.

I've been using them the past year, quality is good, smoke is low, price is the best, and they seem like the way to go.

Bayou Bullets....hands down. Donnie will even send you some samples to try. Bet you can't find anyone else that will dol that

This. They aren't molly coated but they are coated with Donnie's own concoction. Accuracy is great and smoke and leading are all but nonexistent.

Yep, great bullets, decent prices. Shipping is not that quick, and if you have questions, you'll have to call, though they've always been responsive. So if you order from them, make sure you plan ahead.

I've been buying Bear Creek bullets from my local gunshop. I can't get moly bullets off the internet any cheaper than what my local guy sells the Bear Creek bullets for. I shot cast lead for years, both my own and commercial, and was amazed at how much cleaner the Bear Creek bullets were!

Could you fellas point me toward a place that sells Moly coated bulk (>10k) 230 grn round nose .45 bullets and (>5k) 124 grn 9mm bullets.

I've heard of BC or Bear Creek being the most cost effective but can't seem to find them anywhere on-line.

Thank guys.

Bear Creek Supply is located in California. They discontinued their web-site but are very much in business. You can place an order by telephone at 209-874-4322 they will accept an order over the phone and will accept credit cards over the phone. You will receive a printed retail list with the order. Orders for more than $95.00 have shipping costs included and they can mix and match if necessary. The normal boxes are 500 count unless for larger than usual bullets.

I have been doing business with them for sometime and they are fast and very reasonable.

Precision Delta makes swaged lead bullets. Very good (but my guns seem to need more lube--just like Hornady swaged bullets). For Moly-Kote, I have been very happy with ALL the Precision Bullets I have ordered, but they, like Precision Delta, are priced too close to jacketed and I would use a 185gn JHP before anything else if the price is the same. Even the "economic" plated bullets are as much as Montana Gold, Precision Delta, and Zero charge for first-class jacketed bullets.

For .40 and .45, good commercial lead bullets are still much cheaper. However, for the prices I see for Moly-Kote (and Billy's thin moly "paint" has not worked for me--the stuff will even flake off in transit), precision swaged, and plated bullets, I would look at a large bulk order (3k or more) from the referenced jacketed bullet companies.

After my Precision 200gn SWCs are gone, I plan to buy mastercastbullets.com cast 200gn L-SWC.

If your problem is smoke, then--again--look at the current jacketed prices.

Montana Gold: 185gn JHP--$314/2500 ($125.60/1000), 200gn CMJ--$313/2250 ($139.11/1000). Includes S/H.

Precision Delta: swaged 185gn LHP--$101/1000, 200gn swaged L-SWC--$101/1000, 230gn FMJ--$119/1000. Price includes S/H

Zero (see Powder Valley or Roze Distribution):

Roze: 230gn FMJ--$120.25/1000 for orders over 2000, 230gn JHP--$132.50/1000 for orders over 2000, 185gn JHP--$130.80/1000 for orders over 2000. Includes S/H.

Powder Valley: Zero 230gn FMJ--$226/2000 ($113/1000), 185gn JHP--$247/2000 ($123.50/1000), 230gn JHP--$250/2000 ($125/1000). Includes S/H

Precision Bullets: 200gn L-SWC moly-kote--$216/2250 ($96/1000)

Black Bullets International: 200gn L-SWC moly-kote--$210/2000 ($105/1000)

Billy's Bullets: 200gn L-SWC moly--$90/1000 (can fill a box up to 70lbs)

MasterCastBullets: 200gn L-SWC cast (14BHN)--$55.71/1000, 200gn L-SWC (18BHN)--$77.14/1000.

I am sure that larger orders can have more of a discount, but several only have a price break for 10-12k and over orders.

I have been pricing bullets in hopes of placing a large order soon.

Edited by noylj

• 1 year later...

Sorry, can't help with Bear Creek, but have used both Billy Bullets and Bayou Bullets with good results. Both are great guys to deal with.

www.billybullets.com

www.bayoubullets.net

+1. I believe that the Bayou bullets are the better ones out there. The only problem with the Billy Bullets is the black coating will come off of your fingers