Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tell me why you shoot a CZ

joedodge

they show up, but not often. most people hang on to them. once in a while one pops up here. there's also the cz forums. but in terms of a uspsa prepped gun, i see them here the most. you can also try the uspsa classifieds and using riverofguns.com to search. you have to be ready to pounce, though. usually they sell FAST. i've bought one before in about one minute after posting.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DQ's from ND's while lowering the hammer manually are rare, a lot more infrequent and it's far less dangerous than some make it out to be...

We've all done it a million and half times and it's no big deal, you get comfortable with it... the trick is to not get too comfortable, that's when the accidents happen.

Used Shadows turn up less often than Bigfoot, they're that good, unless your super lucky it could be a long wait...

Edited by ck1

wish i could do monster since i missed it last year but my brother in law is going to iraq and we're doing a vacation that week. but if you're shooting GA state, you can feel free to use mine then if you like on saturday.

If he borrows the gun, are you going to make him wear the hat too???

DSC03110.jpg

I sold all my Glocks and XDM after shooting a Shadow. Recoil dont exsist the gun shoots itself. The grip is the best and most comfortable I have ever held. Extremely accurate and 110% reliable If they had one in .40 I would sell my STI lol. I bought a Shadow Custom and its by far my favorite gun I have.

I shoot a TS for limited when I shoot limited. I bought it because I wanted to be able to shoot without worrying about magazines. They feed fine, and hold 20 easily. The gun is heavy though, but that sucks up recoil. The only thing I have done to it is replace my mag springs, and mag-catch spring. Other than that, it is a nice pistol. It is reliable with factory length ammo. I run 180gr moly-coated bullets over 4.7 Solo1000, at 1.130. Shoots soft, and feeds well. I just don't want to tune mags. I'd rather just be able to replace them for cheaper.

Now in production, I do shoot a G17RTF2. But that is a case of a gun that just fits my hand as if it was the model they used at the factory.

I kinda dig the 75b does anyone use one of these for production would it be worth it to get one of these and slow build it or just get a base shadow.

There isnt really a way to "slow" build a 75B into Shadow. It either has the firing pin safety (like the non-Shadow's) or it doesnt (like the shadows).

Sure you can get a regular 75B, or a 75 SP-01 and put sights, Shadow thumb safeties, trigger job, ect on it. But if you want to shoot IDPA or USPSA production, you have to leave the Firing pin safety intact and functional.

The custom shop, Matt Mink and many others can still get a great trigger with the FPS intact, but just a bit shy in quality of the Shadow. Would the FPS hold you back any? Probably not.

IMHO - Buy a base Shadow (and swap two springs) or 75 Shadow if you want to shoot IDPA, and go from there. Unless you find a great package deal on a regular 75B or SP-01, you'll be glad you saved up for the Shadow.

Thanks for starting this thread. I've started shooting USPSA about a year ago and I've come up to 59% with a G34. I've always been intrigued by the CZs and recently, I've been seriously considering making the switch. The little guy on my left shoulder says, "Just keep the Glock. You have all the support for it and its brought you this far, why change now?" and the the little guy on my right shoulder says, "but you know you want it. All metal, little recoil and it just looks mean :devil:

I'm test driving a Shadow this week. I'll let you know who wins.

^^^ +1.

If both types have CZC competition hammers installed and 13lb hammer-springs there isn't a huge difference between the FPB-equipped guns and the no-FPB Shadows, but once you try one without a FPB you'll probably want one, it's just a "cleaner" trigger-pull as 2 springs used for the FPB are out of the trigger-pull process, and the reset becomes half as long too.

You can easily turn a 75B into a "po' man's Shadow" by installing the hammer and springs and removing the FPB, but the problem is you'll probaly end up loving it, and won't be able to use it competitions in it's "FPB-liberated" state, and then you'll just end up buying a Shadow anyways (at least that's what happened to me after I converted an SP-01)...

If you really need to save a few bucks, the 85 Combat is the only one besides the Shadows that doesn't have a FPB, but IMO the older "duck-tail" type frame isn't as nice as the newer higher-beavertail frame you get with the Shadows.

Maybe look at it this way, the couple extra hundred bucks for the Shadow will be back in your wallet after you end up selling your other polymer 9mm's that you won't want to shoot anymore ;)...

Thanks guys for the help im in the same boat doubleforte78 my xd has gotn me to 54%. And i realy want to build a nice piece thats mine i bought the xd from a friend and its been great but want to build one thats mine and what i want not just a good deal at the time and this seems to be the way to go. Let me know how the test drive gos.

http://www.youtube.c...u/6/cKEnnste-d0

wiht a good grip, CZs shoot stupid flat... almost like an open gun.

As an Open Gun shooter and a Shadow shooter, well its almost as flat but the recoil is way lighter in the Shadow. The Shadow points and transitions very nice.

I was shooting 147gr bullets over Clays in the Shadow and it was too soft and flat for me, felt like an air soft, I went back to 124gr over N320. I've got some of those 135gr green bullets to try now, right in the middle.

The Shadow is a gun that begs to be shot fast like some cars that just seem to want to go fast. I bought mine used, but it has been very reliable, just like all my other CZ's.

I like the grip angle of the gun, the recoil characteristics and the SA trigger. Two out of three of those are very subjective measures. If you try one do as burning says, shoot it before you make an opinion. The DA/SA shots take some getting used to. Interestingly it is not normally the DA shot you throw, but the second one. Great guns.

I'll second that. When I first got mine, I was double tapping. The SA pull is sooo much lighter than the DA pull, and the DA pull ain't that heavy!

I'll second everthing that BS said...great gun....

DQ's from ND's while lowering the hammer manually are rare, a lot more infrequent and it's far less dangerous than some make it out to be...

We've all done it a million and half times and it's no big deal, you get comfortable with it... the trick is to not get too comfortable, that's when the accidents happen.

Used Shadows turn up less often than Bigfoot, they're that good, unless your super lucky it could be a long wait...

I waited for a year to find mine..... :surprise:

Thanks grumpy you should come down and shoot with us sometime at the Wyoming Antelope Club in st. pete.

I move around a lot for work, but I occasionally work in the Tampa st Pete area. I'll try to make it in one match when i'm in the area.