Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case Cleaner Timer Set Up

Sarge

Intermatic Time-All, model TN311. Plugs into any outlet. The down side is this (24 hour) timer will repeat, in twenty four hours of course,if you forget about it. No harm done, I'm just saying.

Intermatic Time-All, model TN311. Plugs into any outlet. The down side is this (24 hour) timer will repeat, in twenty four hours of course,if you forget about it. No harm done, I'm just saying.

That is what I have now. I'm just looking for something to tinker with while at the same time coming up with a better solution. I was using the timer that takes the green and red pegs. I would just take out the start peg and manually twist it to run for a few hours then it hit the stop peg and would not start again until i set it again. But I must have had an old timer because I can't find them anymore.

I would actually like something like the Uniquetek timer but I hate paying $25 when there is probably something similar out there that is just as good.

It seems the countdown feature is missing from most other digital timers.

Anybody use the Uniquetek?

That is what I have now. I'm just looking for something to tinker with while at the same time coming up with a better solution. I was using the timer that takes the green and red pegs. I would just take out the start peg and manually twist it to run for a few hours then it hit the stop peg and would not start again until i set it again. But I must have had an old timer because I can't find them anymore.

That is what I use. I picked it up at Christmas time for the lights in front of the house, now it's my tumbler timer. I got it at Walmart, not sure if they have them year round or seasonal since it was with all the rest of the holiday lights.

This is it: Timer

Edited by CZinSC

There are some cheap electric timers that you put ON/OFF pins in a dial to turn things on and off. I just put an OFF pin in for whatever duration I want and manually turn the thing on. Big advantage is that I don't have to worry about it turning back on by itself.

Picked up one of those photoelectric timers in an after Christmas sale for $4. It has 1-2-3-4-6 hour settings. Just pick a time and cover the photo cell and leave it alone. Come back in a day, week, no problem. Plus, the one I have has 3 outlets so I can run both of my tumblers on the same timer.

Made a small box with and old extension cable, light timer and dual plug's work like a charm...Much better then forgetting that the tumbler was working for a view days :)