Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another first timer

KentG

I shot MY first IPSC match today and thanks to Joe and Dave for the pointers and patience. Im gonna finish the season in L10 and I REALLY have this itch for an Edge but I will use this season as a training and research period. Looks like Im gonna have to join the USPSA.

I had a great time and not having the IDPA rules was neater than shit! I will not give up IDPA though, it too is something I really enjoy but Im sure the tactical zealots of IDPA will shun me! B) Fortunatly thats not a big crowd. Im convinced I can serve 2 masters. I just wish I had gotten into the pistol sports years earlier, I didnt know what I was missing. Now for a change of pace I gotta go to a funeral home. Cant wait till the next one, be it IDPA, IPSC, Steel,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Kent, you did great both yesterday and today!

By the time you get home, the match results from today's USPSA/IPSC match at ChIPS should be on the Atlantacc.net web site.

I always feel better when I can take home brass with the red and black markings!

Its just that I already noticed that there is much more 40 to have to sort thru at the IPSC than the IDPA to get to gods gift, the 45ACP! When I start shooting/loading the 40SW I may be slightly less biased. :D

I will not give up IDPA though, it too is something I really enjoy ... Now for a change of pace I gotta go to a funeral home.

Just be yourself. In the end only "God" and you will be the judge.

WELCOME! to the first day of the rest of your shooting life.

It's the mark of the Rhino,,,locals know it well.

I missed that match. Heard it was a good one. Your in good hands with Joey and Dave thou. Looking forward to having you out at WVPPS!!!

Introduce yourself, I'll be the one on match day with the spinning head!!!

B)B)B)

( ask for James, everyone knows/blames me... TEE HEE!!!)

so you are the sob who leaves those on the ground...

Doh!!! Im glad I didnt say it,, but I agree. At least its no Amerc that you actually pick up by mistake and try to run thru a dillon. Try being the key word.

In the olden days, it was considered the only way to leave the range, you policed it, you picked up your empties and at least some of the inconsiderates that didn't.

Now most not only seem to leave their brass, but also the last round that they eject at the end of a COF. Recently I picked up 44 live rounds on the range after a match.

Everyone should be thinking what if some one put that major round in a gun that couldn't handle it and pulled the trigger? Yes I know that no one would shoot range rounds. But just suppose youwere on the range with your kids and they dropped some rounds, or you did, you all pick them up and there inthe middle of the pile is an innocent looking round of the same caliber you are shooting. Only problem is you are shooting your steel gun, not your IPSC gun. BAM!

Moral of the story, "PLease pick up all your empties, but especially your live rounds, the gun you save could just be your own!"

Jim Norman

kent, get joey to point me out the next time your in Atlanta to shoot one of our many matches. by the way were doing bowling pins this sat...... you're getting sleepy look into my eyes you want to give all your guns..... hope to see you there.