Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looks like I've lost my boy to the Dark Side!

slee

My son has been dying to try shooting Open...Don't think he's coming back! At least until he has to return this gun!!!

Oh, and yes that is Mike Seeklander...what a SUPER guy!

Edited by slee

That's awesome. How old is he?

I have to admit, I was worried when I saw that weak hand stuff coming up. He handled it perfectly though. I bet it's fun to always have a shooting buddy who's ready when you are too.

Thanks! He just turned 12 last month. I LOVE shooting with my kids!

What calibre is the pistol he is shooting? Is this a "major" or "minor" load? Looks like he's doing a good job controlling recoil.

The pistol is set up for 9mm major, but he just ran white box through it today...He tested both last night and he found that the major load was just as controllable. Something about the major load working the comp better...

Nice shooting, looks like a lot less recoil then in 9 minor limitied . Looks like you have two options. Try to buy that gun or start having one built.

Edited by kellymc

Nice shooting, looks like a lot less recoil then in 9 minor limitied . Looks like you have two options. Try to buy that gun or start having one built.

He says the open gun is definitely easier to control...Unfortunately, it may be a while before he can call one of these his own. That's alot of lawns to mow!!! :goof:

Unfortunately, it may be a while before he can call one of these his own. That's alot of lawns to mow!!! :goof:

Been there and done that, BUT I KNEW that that gun was MINE after I had it paid off! :cheers: It does give a youngster a positive goal to work towards too.

He is only 12 years old. I hope he has a girlfriend in the next few years. Then we wont have to shoot matches with him. You have a great son there, congratulations. I have seen adults who can not shoot as good as this young man.

That's funny! He's a good kid...Thanks gunracer38.

That really is neat!!! I have 4-year-old twins (boy & girl) and can't wait until they are ready to go shooting with dad...well, mom can come too. The thing I love about my kids already is that, unlike other kids their age who are running around "shooting" people with anything, our twins see that and just walk away. You ask them if they are to point a gun at people and they respond with a big "NOOO!" Now, I understand some will say, "what about self defense?!?!? what are you teaching them?" I don't want my children or their friends to become a statistic because someone said, "Hey, you wanna see something cool?"

Slee - you should be proud of him...until he outshoots you...then he's grounded... :P

Great video,I would put gun on payment plan--always shot with my kids,,where did the time go ????

I to have seen some of his other video's going to hard to beat one day,,verrrry soon .

That really is neat!!! I have 4-year-old twins (boy & girl) and can't wait until they are ready to go shooting with dad...well, mom can come too. The thing I love about my kids already is that, unlike other kids their age who are running around "shooting" people with anything, our twins see that and just walk away. You ask them if they are to point a gun at people and they respond with a big "NOOO!" Now, I understand some will say, "what about self defense?!?!? what are you teaching them?" I don't want my children or their friends to become a statistic because someone said, "Hey, you wanna see something cool?"

Slee - you should be proud of him...until he outshoots you...then he's grounded... :P

That's probably a good sign that your twins will learn to be responsible with firearms early...It's funny, when I first started working with my son on gun safety, you could see how uncomfortable he was even pointing Nerf guns at his friends...Of course now he knows the difference and really tears it up at airsoft and paintball wars! I'm a firm believer that if I'm going to have guns AND kids in the house, it's MY responsibility to teach them how to use them SAFELY ... They may not want to compete, which is OK, but hopefully it will eliminate that "Hey, you wanna see something cool" situation you mentioned.

Edited by slee

If it's any indication, we took our twins to see "Cars 2" tonight (1st time they were in a real theater!) and we were surprised at the amount of "violence" and use of guns in the movie...but when the first guns appeared, my son (keep in mind, he's 4 and we are in a fairly full theater) yells out, "Oh, he pointed it someone daddy, that's a bad choice!" I didn't know if I should hunker down in my seat or give him a pat on the back. Instead I smiled and gave him a hug...and then watched the rest of the movie...not bad, but not nearly as good as the original... B)

slee, thanks for the info you gave me the other day. Your kid looks very gifted. One bit of advice since he is so young is to make the sport fun, and not work or a chore. I grew up swimming and ended up 30th in the nation in 100 butterfly during college, what helped me get to that point was my parents and coaches kept it fun. I know many other kids that could have done better than me quit once they got older, the main reason was that the sport had became work, and they got burned out. I look forward to shooting with you at Twin Lakes this Saturday.

slee, thanks for the info you gave me the other day. Your kid looks very gifted. One bit of advice since he is so young is to make the sport fun, and not work or a chore. I grew up swimming and ended up 30th in the nation in 100 butterfly during college, what helped me get to that point was my parents and coaches kept it fun. I know many other kids that could have done better than me quit once they got older, the main reason was that the sport had became work, and they got burned out. I look forward to shooting with you at Twin Lakes this Saturday.

Can't talk right now...The boy owes me 10 more laps and 100 push ups!!!j/k :D

I know exactly what you mean ... Zero pressure here ... I even let him pick the division he wants to shoot ... Ouch! Open. Thanks, see ya Saturday. Twin Lakes runs a GREAT match!

What I like about this sport is the fact that everyone can compete next to super stars. Like in your post Seeklander being the RO that is cool for a young shooter, heck I would be excited to shoot with him. When I was young, some of the things that kept me swimming was the older better swimmers, and the occasion of seeing Olympic claiber swimmers.

What I like about this sport is the fact that everyone can compete next to super stars. Like in your post Seeklander being the RO that is cool for a young shooter, heck I would be excited to shoot with him. When I was young, some of the things that kept me swimming was the older better swimmers, and the occasion of seeing Olympic claiber swimmers.

Yeah, Seeklander was great .... He even gave my son a signed copy of his book!

Just getting to watch him shoot was an experience in itself...

Yeah, Seeklander was great .... He even gave my son a signed copy of his book!

Just getting to watch him shoot was an experience in itself...

I am always happy to hear when a "super star" does stuff like that...