Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 FALLEN BRETHREN 3-GUN CHALLENGE

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ausshooter- Did you ever hear from anyone?

I've sent PM's here, emails, and PM's on Facebook about RO'ing. No response. Other than Sandra saying RO's need to fill out an app. The question was how do we know if we're RO'ing if we don't hear anything and how much, if any, money do we send in if we are?

Hello Everyone. If you plan on RO'ing, please send me your apps with RO written on the top. I have been sending out confirmations as I receive them in the mail. It is my understanding that RO's shoot for free (volunteering their time = shoot match and have fun!)

Details are being finalized...so come play.

Sandra :D

Slots still open for AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAM :cheers:

JC is correct, still slots available at the Pro Am next weekend. Great warm up for the Fallen Brethren 3 Gun Challenge. :devil: Send your apps for the Pro Am Directly to Rockcastle Shooting Center. B)

Edited by Ms. Kitty

Ms. Kitty- Thank you for clearing that up. Usually I know I'm RO'ing an event before I send in the app. I didn't want to assume I was RO'ing. My app is in the mail. I'm excited about this event and can't wait to be a part of it!

On a side note, I do not have any court scheduled for that week, so if I need to come early to help set up, I probably can.

Starting to look for a hotel room in the area. Not much to choose from. I did find a private place who's owner sits on the Chamber of Commerce in Jacksboro. She was very interested to hear about the match. I would recommend that the MD/Staff contact the C of C in Jacksboro and see what they have to offer! I believe the directors name is Brenda.

Also, the hotels I found were.

1) The Butterfield depot

2) Jacksboro Inn

3) Knights Inn

Each looked a bit rough. If anyone has had any experience with any of them please sound off!

Scooty

Ausshooter- Did you ever hear from anyone?

I've sent PM's here, emails, and PM's on Facebook about RO'ing. No response. Other than Sandra saying RO's need to fill out an app. The question was how do we know if we're RO'ing if we don't hear anything and how much, if any, money do we send in if we are?

Neither I, nor my sponsor, have heard from anyone at the match yet.

Can someone please help?

A

The Butterfield Depot sounds like a kids TV show! I have stayed at some Knights Inn before at various matches. NEVER been impressed by one, but they were close to the range and tolerated our extracurricular activities!

Hello All,

The 2011 Fallen Brethren 3 Gun Challenge is going to be a great match. It will be held 2-4 December at the Spartan Tactical Range facility East of Jacksboro TX. Staff, RO’s and venders will shoot all day on the 1st of December.

Adam Poppawell and I walked the nine stages a month ago and it will be a challenging multi gun match to say the least! We are incorporating the Texas National Guard into the match so it will have a similar feel as the past years Fort Benning 3 Gun Match.

The lodging we recommend is located 18 miles East of the range complex in Bridgeport Texas.

Comfort Suites----------------La Quinta

2302 10th St-----------------2300 10th St

Bridgeport, TX 76426----------Bridgeport, TX 76426

(940) 683-5777--------------(940) 627-9603

We will have a Spartan Tactical rate set up for both hotels. So please ask for this rate. There are closer hotels but please trust us on our recommendations.

Let me clear up some rumors and misconceptions.

This match was formerly the Fort Benning 3 Gun Match. As I understand it the current command at the AMU did not want to support the match so I was approached about hosting the match at my range complex in Texas.

It has been in my long-range plan to have a nationally recognized multi gun match and a sniper match at our facility. I have put a lot of effort in time and money to get ready for this match. I want this match to be a challenging well-run event.

Apparently the Brinson Range Marksmanship Committee will not be available to assist with the match due to military deployments. Anyone who has served knows the mission comes first. I spent 20 years in Special Operations with the US Army.

This is what I received from Lee Dimaculangan concerning Brinson Range’s participation in the 3 Gun Challenge.

It is with our deepest regret that the Brinson Range Marksmanship Committee will have to withdraw from the joint efforts of hosting the 2011 Fallen Brethren 3-Gun Challenge. Due to the BRMC staff composed of all Active Duty Soldiers, their mission takes precedence over any leave and/or recreational events not supported by the Army. The event will NOT be canceled, but rather transformed into an exciting and challenging Multi-Gun competition that will carry on the expectations and prominence of the FB3G.

James Smith from Spartan Tactical will continue to coordinate Sponsors, Staff, and Support to ensure a successful FB3G. Ms. Sandra Orvig will also remain as the Match Statistician.

Please forward questions and concerns to Jim at spartantactical.com and sorvig at comcast.net.

We will continue to assist Jim, Sandra and his Match Staff.

Not to worry we have the sponsorship in place and are coordinating all of the necessary elements so this match will be a well run and challenging shoot.

I will keep you updated as often as possible with my busy course schedule. Please check back here as often as possible to stay up to date! Sandra will also be busy this week at the Pro AM.

I still need a couple of RO’s so if you’re interested please get your application in as soon as possible.

RO’s please contact me directely and I will outline the compensation package we have arranged for you. It will be similar to last years program.

Sponsors I am still actively seeking a few more so please also contact me as soon as possible.

Will will also have the match FFL listed soon.

We will have the rules, and stage descriptions posted soon.

Match Director: Jim Smith, Jim@SpartanTactical.com

Range Master:

Stats/Prizes: John Jackson, John@SpartanTactical.com

Stats/Registration: Sandra Orvig

Our web site is spartantactical.com We will get it updated as soon as possible with a sub section with match information.

Please avoid spamming our e-mails with questions and concerns that can be addressed on here. Thanks!

Sandra will be also busy this week at the Pro AM, did I already post this?

Thanks, Jim Smith, Match Director Jim@SpartanTactical.com

Thanks for doing this Jim! I am very excited about this match.

I called he number you posted for la Quinta but it is in Decatur. The Bridgeport number is 9406832040. They were not sure of rates as of yet.

Again thank you for hosting and being MD. Great to know we won't lose out on such a great match.

Are there still spots open for this match?

Yes sir. Just send me your application. I will send your a confirmation e-mail once I have your on my spreadsheet. Don't forget, ROs and Sponsors, please indicate same on top of your application. Look forward to seeing everyone!

:cheers:

Sandra Orvig

2011 FB3G Statistician

That would be in post #11 on the first page of this thread.

"Companies or individuals interested in sponsoring --- please email me personally at fb3gsponsorship@gmail.com."

Who would I contact for Vendor information for the match?

Thanks,

George

Edited by bpowe

As indicated in the above post #109, the BRMC is no longer hosting the event, but will be assisting Jim Smith (Spartan Tactical) when/where they can. "It is with our deepest regret that the Brinson Range Marksmanship Committee will have to withdraw from the joint efforts of hosting the 2011 Fallen Brethren 3-Gun Challenge. Due to the BRMC staff composed of all Active Duty Soldiers, their mission takes precedence over any leave and/or recreational events not supported by the Army. The event will NOT be canceled, but rather transformed into an exciting and challenging Multi-Gun competition that will carry on the expectations and prominence of the FB3G.

James Smith from Spartan Tactical will continue to coordinate Sponsors, Staff, and Support to ensure a successful FB3G."

In lieu of this event, the Match Application has slightly changed and will be posted in the next day or two. [i]The one main change is how the checks are to be addressed [/i]. A new bank account had to be establish in order to process your payment. (I know one check for you, 100+ for me to account for! B)

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU: You will need to REISSUE me a check made out to the "FALLEN BRETHREN 3 GUN CHALLENGE". You will NOT lose your spot in the match. Once the new check is received, I will shred the check made out to the Brinson Range Marksmanship Committee. I will then send a confirmation e-mail to you stating I have destroyed the old check. You do not need to overnight or Fed Ex me your check to hold your spot in the match. However, if not timely received, I will send you an e-mail as a gentle reminder :D If you have forgotten whether or not you ordered a shirt(s) please send me an e-mail, do not pm me here, and I will gladly look the information up and advise you of same.

I look forward to seeing you at the match!

Sandra A. Orvig

2011 FB3G Statistician

Sandra,

Does this mean every person that has entered the match needs to send you a new check or are you addressing sponsors as the posts above you are speaking of sponsors? If it is speaking to us all, & someone doesn't hear about this or watch forums, will they be thrown out of the lineup?

Thanks,

Mark Miller

Anyone who has sent me a check made out to the BRMC needs to reissue me a new check made out to the Fallen Brethren 3 Gun Challange. To date, I have only received checks from Shooters!

If you are a sponsored shooter and you wrote "Sponsor" on top of our application you did not provide me a check as you sponsor is providing the "Support" for you to play in this match.

As indicated in my post, if I do not get a new check from shooters within a resonable period of time, I will send them a personal reminder as I don't want anyone to lose their spot in the match. Haveing said that, I still have slots available for those who have not yet signed up.

Thank you for asking for clarification. :cheers:

Edited by Ms. Kitty