Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 FALLEN BRETHREN 3-GUN CHALLENGE

I'm leaving in about an hour & using the map from the website. I hope there are signs or something to show I'm there. Should get there in time to register today & take a look around some. Can hardly wait, stages look great!

MLM

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to most of the shooting area and the are not that bad the Match book is the best so far they went to great detail for this booklet if you looking and have not got in yet you are going to miss a good match. :cheers:

I had a lot of fun at this match. Could definitely tell some of the range folks were new to 3-Gun. Not bad new, more fun new. Saw lots of stuff I haven't seen at different matches. Had a blast shooting this one. Great facility for three gun. Looking forward to coming back.

Thanks to Spartan Tactical for hosting this match.

I had a blast. It is a great facility, and this can easily turn into a major match to put on the "must shoot" list every year.

The stage 9 long distance rifle setup was unreal and unlike any match I have shot yet.

The stage 8 intermediate rifle was so much fun, and quite a challenge. All steel and no reset was a HUGE bonus. Loved that stage.

The 35yd pistol plate rack put many of us in our place, and let the real pro's shine though. Nice touch for a bay stage to slow it down a bit.

A nice mix of natural terrain and bays made everything else go well. The weather didnt cooperate for this match, but even in the mud, the stages were manageable. The match hotels were close enough to the range, and very affordable.

The only thing this match needed was a jungle run stage, with some rifle hosers, or all steel pistol poppers. Those are always a hoot.

Special thanks to Jim, Sheldon Carruth, Sheldon and Vance Blackwell, and all the RO's who busted their butts in some miserable weather to make this happen. And of course, all the sponsors like DSGArms, Remington, and Leupold, among many others.

It was worth every penny and I will absolutely be back next year.

Was looking at the results. Saw a few DQ's.

It was slippery as heck and there was a bunch of full speed running. Several folks fell down. Several guns jumped out.

We had two on our squad. One pistol fell out while running and the other was a safety bumped off on a 2011 pistol when it was grounded. One RO told us he had two AD's occur during shotgun loading.

Nothing match related that I saw. No 180 traps or crappy dump barrels.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

It was slippery as heck and there was a bunch of full speed running. Several folks fell down. Several guns jumped out.

We had two on our squad. One pistol fell out while running and the other was a safety bumped off on a 2011 pistol when it was grounded. One RO told us he had two AD's occur during shotgun loading.

Some (not ALL) of the dropped gun issues had to do with equipment choices. Stages 1, 3 and 4 required \ run, stop, shoot, run, shoot, stop, ground and switch. Running and stopping with guns in a sloppy fitting holsters is a recipe for disaster.

Some (not ALL) of the dropped gun issues had to do with equipment choices. Stages 1, 3 and 4 required \ run, stop, shoot, run, shoot, stop, ground and switch. Running and stopping with guns in a sloppy fitting holsters is a recipe for disaster.

Exactly!!!

These little holster tension knobs from 3 gun stuff are the heat!

http://www.3gunstuff.com/?page_id=263

After I saw a pistol fly out I cranked mine down by hand so much that I couldt get my pistol out when I was told to load and make ready.

This was my first major 3-gun match and I thought it was pretty awesome. I will definitely be spending some time working on my longer range pistol shooting. Thanks to all who made it happen.

Did anyone happen to pick up a tan, canvas LL Bean jacket near the prize table at La Quinta?

I've got your jacket right here. Let's figure out how to get it back to you. You can contact me at Brook@SpartanTactical.com

It was really great meeting some of you at the match. I'm working the pictures tonight and should have some of them posting later tonight or tomorrow.

If a moderator would be so kind as to contact me at the email above, I've got some link-posting questions.

-6-

This was my first "big" 3 gun match, I wanted to learn more so I volunteered to RO the pistol stage (6). I got what I came for, an experience! For the most part the shooters were great at taping and resetting, and helping each other out.

Notes:

1. check your pistol against 35- 40 yards, the plate rack ate up some serious ammo and precious time.

2. Use quality shotgun ammo, lots of different shotguns and the ones that acted up had cheap ammo fall out.

3. Lock that pistol down!

4. Get dry socks or water proof shoes

5. Hydrate even if its cold

6. Eat, even if your not hungry

7. Pay attention to the stage description!!!!!

8. Carry 2x as much ammo as you think you will need for a given stage.

9. Help your squadmates, they in turn will help you.

10. Know your equipment, hold overs and distance. ( this is my weakness)

As for the match, great stages, great attitudes on the part of the RO's and staff. Big shout out to Sheldon C. for holding it together and making it a great match.

Great prize table. I counted over 20 rifles! Everyone got something good. Big thanks to the sponsors!!!!