Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Jman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I liked it. Some of the self referential stuff was pretty blatant but I don't mind being hit over the head with an obvious joke on occasion.

The chimp building a model of the statue of liberty was pretty funny. You also have to like the setup for the sequel with the manned mission to mars getting lost. Caesar's mother being named "Bright Eyes" was a nice homage but of course somebody (even if it was that kid that played Malfoy in Harry Potter) had to do the damn dirty ape line.

All in all I left satisfied and looking forward to the sequel.

-ld

The CGI for the apes was pretty impressive. Caesar was down right creepy. When he spoke 'NO' in the cages you knew he would speak again, but it was still really weird to hear his voice.

Interesting premise for the sequel. I didn't put that together. Maybe they help save the humans then take off to find a new home?

The good thing about the main characters being CGI is they never get too old to revive the role!!! lol...

The CGI for the apes was pretty impressive. Caesar was down right creepy. When he spoke 'NO' in the cages you knew he would speak again, but it was still really weird to hear his voice.

Interesting premise for the sequel. I didn't put that together. Maybe they help save the humans then take off to find a new home?

The good thing about the main characters being CGI is they never get too old to revive the role!!! lol...

lol, spoiler chat

IMO and based on the clues in the movie: the humans are doomed. The virus is going to wipe out most of us and then the apes are going to take over. The lost rocket ship to mars will come back in a thousand or so years, so all the characters in this movie will be dead, and we will be right where Charlton Heston was in the first movie. That is what it looks like from the clues. But, maybe, they have something else in mind.

The CGI 'was' the movie for me. I can not imagine where this technology will be in 10 years.

You can see that it has a way to go especially on the wide shots were it looks very animated to me. Yes, it certainly appears to be the beginning of at least a "two parter".

A note to those who have not gone...stay in your seats after the credits begin to see the epilogue. Important. smile.gif

The CGI 'was' the movie for me. I can not imagine where this technology will be in 10 years.

You can see that it has a way to go especially on the wide shots were it looks very animated to me. Yes, it certainly appears to be the beginning of at least a "two parter".

A note to those who have not gone...stay in your seats after the credits begin to see the epilogue. Important. smile.gif

Missed that part. What happened?

The pilot next door is sick and goes to the airport where he spreads the virus which ends up wiping out the humans

Missed that part. What happened?