Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What gun have you sold and regret it to this day...

I sold a Glock 26 a while back and it is the only gun I've sold, so far anyway. I've still got 7 or 8 mags in the basement. I figure I'll pick one up again when I find a good deal on one.

I do have a Nighthawk T3 I barely ever touch that I'm thinking of selling to fund a 2011. Will I regret selling it? I've been taking my sweet time taking picture of it, mostly because I'm worried I'll immediately miss it when it is gone. What to do, what to do?

A M1 Garand I had. I was hard up for money a couple years ago. It was nothing special, just good shooting grade gun I got a good deal on. Now that I'm back on feet I went and asked the person I sold it to if he still had it, he said sold it a couple weeks back. Man, I was dissapointed. Nothing I can do about it now but look for another M1 Garand.

Well, it could be the JP CR-02 in presentation grade.

On the other hand, I really miss the Brazos Pro Sx.

Maybe the S&W Doug Koenig 1911.

No, got to be the completely tricked out STI 2011.

I never got to know the Springer 9mm 1911.

The XDm 9mm bitone slipped away.

I'd like to have the Para 9mm LDA back.

All in the same year?!! 2009 was a bummer.

Oh well,.... kept the lights burning and food on the table.

No matter. I still have the SVI Infinity .40. That's all a man really needs.

Right?

Para P-16 with a KKM barrel fitted by Bill Fender, I didn't realize what a good shooter it was till it was replaced by plastic framed gun I just had to have. Then there was an 8 3/8's S@W model 29 and I still think about a 9mm Hi Power that was a good shooter.

Enjoy what I have now and they wouldn't be home now if some others hadn't passed on.

Didn't actually sell it; first wife stole it! A Ruger flat top 44 serial # 7112. Barrel cut back to 6" and finished in black chrome. I carried it all over Alaska in the late 60's. BITCH!

I don't post on the forums for controversy. If I wanted any crap, I'd call my ex wife. So don't start.

:sight:

Lots. A M1A Super Match that I bought in the late '80s for $1200 from Springfield. They're close to $4000 now. Then another M1A standard grade that I had traded a prize gun and some money for. I'm obviously not meant to have a M1A.

Then a 1st generation SW 625 many years ago, pretty much stock. And then 5 or so years ago a Performance Center 625 that Jerry Miculek himself did an action job on. I guess I'm not supposed to have one of those either. (Though I know where that one is I think and could possibly get it back if I asked.)

My 2nd 38 super singlestack was sold to someone who went out and promptly blew it up.

But I still have the first firearm I ever bought, a Colt 1911 70-series .45 built by Lou Clark. The first night I shot it was the first time I'd ever fired a firearm of any kind, and was also the night of the first IPSC match I ever shot at an indoor range. "Here, let's get a lane and shoot a couple of magazines through this. Okay, you didn't shoot yourself or me, let's go over to the next bay and shoot the stage. Oh and guess what; it's a John Luering surprise stage!" 2nd state was an el prez. I recall being very proud of a 17 second run with no misses.

And then 5 or so years ago a Performance Center 625 that Jerry Miculek himself did an action job on. I guess I'm not supposed to have one of those either. (Though I know where that one is I think and could possibly get it back if I asked.)

Oh, you think so?

:devil: