Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SIngle Stack weight

Mike Dame

When I checked mine it was 42.8 with a tripp mag. So I fluted the guide rod and made the end concave, thought it would do more but I'm only down to 42.6. Already cut off the extra tabs in the frame cutouts. Do you think I'm pushing my luck running that close to the limit?

When I checked mine it was 42.8 with a tripp mag. So I fluted the guide rod and made the end concave, thought it would do more but I'm only down to 42.6. Already cut off the extra tabs in the frame cutouts. Do you think I'm pushing my luck running that close to the limit?

I went from 42.75 to 42 by cleaning all the gunk out of my trigger channel!

Nice looking gun. The master dustcover will certainly add some weight. Have you considered milling out the inside of the dustcover?

Also, how did you like working with tha master frame? Was it as high quality as maybe a caspian?

I thought about that, but I can't legally bring my frame to the shop up here. Permit doesn't cover that. I have dug out a bit with a drum in my dremel. As for quality, this was my first frame up build so I have no experience with other makes. I will say that it was a little rough in a few spots, mostly where there was over lap from different cutters not blending. The checkering is great, overall I'm pleased with it. If I build another one I will order the same frame.

My .45 41.8 oz in SS Nationals chrono stage. Wife´s 9x19 42.6 oz.

STI frames, .45 has Caspian slide without lightening cuts, wife´s slide is "heavy" 3-top but 9x19 barrel is heavier.

Just finished building STI 2011 Limited 6" and it turned out 35 oz :D

Mine weighs 39oz and its a .40 and is pretty much as racy as it can get. Mike, Try an aluminum Guide rod, Plastic MSH, Ti trigger parts. If that doesn't work try some micarta, not G10, as micarta is pretty light compared to G10. Also, if they are still heavy you can mill out a little material from the back side of the grips as well. That master frame is going to add some weight.

Mike,

You should sell this pistol to another shooter in Canada and start over since you are not so sure about the weight and cuts. By the time you get done with the next one, this shooting season will pretty much be done and I won't have to shoot against you in SS till next year. Yeah, that's what you should do. This is good advice. Really, you should take it.

All kidding aside, it looks like you did a very nice job. Nice magazines and mag catch. Why do I help you acquire such items when all you do is consistantly beat me????? Must be a glutton for punishment.

Roy

looks like a shooter, with it tri topped and milled the slide looks nice

thin out under the grips, go for 42.4-42.2 and good to go

its not your usual tri top

IMG_0128.jpg

Look great, but are the non-standard tritop cuts legal?

Edited by mpolans