Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magwell for XDM

STIGUY

Just bought an XDM ..40 morning and something occuref as I am droping the mag and reinseting it into the gun. Under the stress of competition, the bottom of the grip is sure to get beat up pretty bad with the metal feed to plastic banging. Is there any mag funnel...etc that is USPSA Production and/or IDPA legal as this surely happen qickly at speed. THANKS

Just bought an XDM ..40 morning and something occuref as I am droping the mag and reinseting it into the gun. Under the stress of competition, the bottom of the grip is sure to get beat up pretty bad with the metal feed to plastic banging. Is there any mag funnel...etc that is USPSA Production and/or IDPA legal as this surely happen qickly at speed. THANKS

Not Production legal, but the Pistol Gear Patriot and Operator are IDPA legal. Edited by Loves2Shoot

Canyon Creek makes a true magwell for the XD/m line of pistols, it actually funnels the mag into the gun. Some others out there are just a metal/plastic protector around the bottom of the grip area.

post-1700-008655900 1306020696_thumb.gif

post-1700-038018300 1306021015_thumb.gif

Edited by RIIID

Canyon Creek makes a true magwell for the XD/m line of pistols, it actually funnels the mag into the gun. Some others out there are just a metal/plastic protector around the bottom of the grip area.

Does that fit the IDPA box Rich?

The magwells can be fitted to the idpa box, the sides need to be thinned. I still have a few thinned aluminum idpa wells in black available.

To have a true magwell the frame has to modified and that will take it out of Production useability. The other magwells available are trying to serve dual purposes and don't do the job of being a magwell at 100% of useable opening.

Rich

post-1700-098062800 1306026634_thumb.gif

post-1700-051916400 1306026657_thumb.gif

post-1700-064212700 1306026674_thumb.gif

The magwells can be fitted to the idpa box, the sides need to be thinned. I still have a few thinned aluminum idpa wells in black available.

To have a true magwell the frame has to modified and that will take it out of Production useability. The other magwells available are trying to serve dual purposes and don't do the job of being a magwell at 100% of useable opening.

Rich

Do you have any picts with an IDPA legal mag in the well?

I have used a pistolgear operator on my XD for almost two years, (see my profile pic) and know a couple people with it for their XDm and it does work well. I would suggest getting the thicker slam pads to make seating the mag easier but, you may have to slim them down depending on your model of XDm.

I really like the fact that I can take it off with just the included allen wrench if I want to. That is not a big deal to some but I like having the option.

Rich- Will Your magwell work with the XDM 140mm extensions you sell without interior modifications to the magwell? I would like to get a magwell from my XDM40 and I have your extensions. Also, do you have a tutorial of how much material needs tobe removed from the frame?

Rich- Will Your magwell work with the XDM 140mm extensions you sell without interior modifications to the magwell? I would like to get a magwell from my XDM40 and I have your extensions. Also, do you have a tutorial of how much material needs tobe removed from the frame?

The magwell and base pads were designed to work together.

Rich

Rich

Do you have any picts with an IDPA legal mag in the well?

No, I don't have any pics with an idpa mag in the magwell. When I get the time I'm going to make an idpa/ipsc base pad for the box.

Rich

You guys really hate each other, or what? :sight:

WTF?

Are you smokin' crack or something?

I have no reason to hate on Rich.

I have spent quite a bit of time corresponding with Scott at Springer, and talked with him at length on the phone. I can assure you he doesn't hate on anyone. The guy is full of positive energy. I was looking to do something to one of my XDm's and he told me straight out that I was better off to get a different gun for what I wanted to do. He could have easily gone on about how his products could help me and could have easily sold me some stuff. The fact that he didn't do that, and sent me elsewhere to get a different gun says a lot about his character and ethics.

When I placed a recent order I asked if he had any fiber optic tubes to sell. He didn't, but he threw a couple that he had in with my order.

Places like Springer Precision really do a lot to actually earn business.

You guys really hate each other, or what? :sight:

WTF?

Are you smokin' crack or something?

I have no reason to hate on Rich.

Well I would have noticed this earlier but I was too busy sticking pins in my Voodoo doll of Scott. ;)

I don't know where someone came up with the hate thing. :blink:

Rich

I don't know where someone came up with the hate thing.

Rich

You guys are competitors, so people automatically think you hate each other. I like to think that your ideas build off of each other to get the best products on the market.

Do you need the mag extensions in order to use the mag wells? I have a new XDm 40 as well that I am shooting in limited 10 and limited. I'd rather not have to order 8 or 9 mag extensions at $30 - $50 each in order to use a mag well.

Thanks,

Chris

Sorry, I retract the word hate. :huh: My bad. Wasn't accusing anyone of being a bad guy. I have used both your services and they are outstanding. :cheers:

But, based on your posts, you do seem to be having a spirited competitive discussion, and are ribbing at each other over the features and benefits of your products. :blush: Sorry if I took that out of context.

I don't make a magwell, so I'm not sure why you got that impression. I thought Rich only made a USPSA Limited magwell and not one that worked for IDPA also. I've sent more than a few folks to him for the Limited type of a mag well.

ChrisW, since the magwells extend the length of the grip, you typically need a bump or base pad to extend the length of the magazine to seat it easily.