Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 U.S. IPSC Nationals/Tim Daugherty Toys for Tots Match

Since this is an IPSC-sanctioned match and not USPSA match. Are there will be the per-class awards? And if they will be based on USPSA classification? I suppose this Level 3 match is not going to count toward USPSA classification even if there will be enough GMs?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please remember some of the BIG differences in the IPSC Rulebook versus USPSA if you're planning on shooting this match:

Open - Major is 160, not 165.

Standard/Modified/Revolver - Major is 170, not 165.

Production - 15 round mags, no aftermarket barrels or finishes.

This is not a criticism of either rulebook or organization, nor of the match itself. Just pointing out the need to be familiar with International rules.

If I can squeak that Friday off from work, I may go over myself. It's a good 4 hour drive for me.

Please remember some of the BIG differences in the IPSC Rulebook versus USPSA if you're planning on shooting this match:

Open - Major is 160, not 165.

Standard/Modified/Revolver - Major is 170, not 165.

Production - 15 round mags, no aftermarket barrels or finishes.

This is not a criticism of either rulebook or organization, nor of the match itself. Just pointing out the need to be familiar with International rules.

If I can squeak that Friday off from work, I may go over myself. It's a good 4 hour drive for me.

And 5lb trigger pull for production :D

Edited by spankymac

Since this is an IPSC-sanctioned match and not USPSA match. Are there will be the per-class awards? And if they will be based on USPSA classification? I suppose this Level 3 match is not going to count toward USPSA classification even if there will be enough GMs?

We will recognize classes in the Toys for Tots Match. If you chose to shoot the IPSC match, then we only recognize division winners. The match shouldn't count for classification as it is an IPSC match.

I expect the stages to be approved as soon as the World Shoot is over. When I get approval, I'll post them on line.

Prizes are starting to come in. Mossberg has donated a rifle (as they have done every year). Today, I was also contacted by a sponsor who wants to donated an AR15. I will confirm this tomorrow and post the name of that sponsor as well as all of the current sponsors.

As for the rules, yep, we have to use IPSC.....even for the Toys for Tots. Otherwise scoring/officiating would be a nightmare.

I apologize for the lack of updates. I had to get through the end of the fiscal year at work. I intend to make this the best Match we have hosted to date, so I think everyone is going to enjoy it.

Sponsors - if you would like to particpate, please let me know.

Stay tuned.....

Edited by Jack Suber

We will recognize classes in the Toys for Tots Match. If you chose to shoot the IPSC match, then we only recognize division winners. The match shouldn't count for classification as it is an IPSC match.

Thanks Jack. Would be possible to shoot both? :)

Thanks Jack. Would be possible to shoot both? :)

I have been asked that by several people. So, I am going to discuss with Linda. Not sure how the logistics would work out. The number of competitors will be the issue. We have to get everyone through in two days.

I'll be talking with Linda Saturday and will let you know by the end of the weekend.

OK. Competitors WILL be able to shoot both the IPSC Match AND the Toys for Tots Match. In order to do this, you have to shoot the IPSC first on Friday. Then you can shoot the Toys for Tots match on Saturday in a different division. So, if you elect to do so, you could shoot 400 rounds in 2 days! :rolleyes:

Also, sponsors have donated prizes to the Toys for Tots Match. If IPSC competitors want to get into the drawings for prizes, they can do so if they make a donation to Toys for Tots. Prizes are starting to come in...including a Glock and a rifle from Mossberg.

Stay tuned for more updates.

BTW, is IPSC Production and USPSA production considered different divisions? :)

They should be. There is enough of a difference.

The "barrels shorter than 127mm (5")" rule kicks out the Glock 34s and XDm 5.25s.

15 round magazines in IPSC; 10 in USPSA.

EXTREMELY limited aftermarket parts in IPSC (No barrels, guide rods, etc. Sight replacement is cool.); US allows pretty much any internal modification.

5# triggers in IPSC; no limit in the US.

I've had to park my beloved 34 and learn how to shoot a short sight radius again.

Edited by Braxton1

The 10th Annual Tim Daugherty Toys for Tots Charity Action Pistol Match / 2011 U.S. IPSC National Championship is 9 days away. We still have openings for competitors. IPSC Nationals Competitors - if you want to participate in the prize drawings, you must make a toy or cash donation to Toys for Tots. Current sponsors are:

Mossberg, Redding Reloading, Eyecord, Nevco Targets, Chris Paty Winning Shooting Accessories, Springfield Armory, Starline Brass, Hornady, Zero Bullets, Rugged Gear, Blackhawk Products Group, Wilson Combat, Dix Enterprises, U.S. Ordinance, Tamiami, Mid-Carolina Rifle Club.

Looking forward to this match!!

Hey Jack, I called around those match hotels and they are a little out of my price range. How close is the Whitney to the range? I hear they have really cheap rooms! :ph34r:

:sight::devil:

Edited by Lee King

Looking forward to this match!!

Hey Jack, I called around those match hotels and they are a little out of my price range. How close is the Whitney to the range? I hear they have really cheap rooms! :ph34r:

:sight::devil:

The special room rate is only for top athletes playing on #9 ranked football teams.....Sorry. One thing is for sure, you can't get tuff toe at the Whitney. :sight:

Edited by Jack Suber

We still have openings int he match next Friday and Saturday.

Match sponsors are: Uniquetek, Mossberg, Redding Reloading, Eyecord, Nevco Targets, Chris Paty Winning Shooting Accessories, Springfield Armory, Starline Brass, Hornady, Zero Bullets, Rugged Gear, Blackhawk Products Group, Wilson Combat, Dix Enterprises, U.S. Ordinance, Tamiami, Mid-Carolina Rifle Club. We have 3 guns for the prize table: I Mossberg Rifle, a Glock Certificate, and a Model 98 Mauser used in the last Samuri.

Come out and support Toys for Tots.

The weather is looking good. They are calling for clear skies and 70 degrees this Friday and Saturday. Perfect shooting weather. :rolleyes:

Is this a promise Jack? :rolleyes:

Sorta... :wacko: I just saw on the news that we will have a weak front coming through Thursday night with some showers possible on Friday, but Saturday is supposed to be great.