Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So who else has the new Apex sear and trigger on order?

waktasz

I'm waiting on one!

I have a 686 Randy was going to finish a couple days ago and he's going to throw one in with it when he sends it back, it will be a happy day! B)

I just wish it was going to be SSP legal but the M&P I'm going to put it in is just to play around with anyway.

Greg

Apex has been discussing getting it released in a stock configuration from S&W. It would (eventually) be production legal if that actually happens.

I'm using mine for my IDPA ESP gun that I also shoot steel with. I'm taking a class June 3-5 so hopefully it is here by then.

Edited by waktasz

I ordered the sear @ fpblock from apex tactical.I,ll let you know ,how it goes when i get it .I took a glock long slide to nationals years ago but could,t shoot standards with it. I have an <a> card in uspsa.-life member.I also shot sillouettes @ won -.22 a tournament in fl. years ago!

I ordered the sear @ fpblock from apex tactical.I,ll let you know ,how it goes when i get it .I took a glock long slide to nationals years ago but could,t shoot standards with it. I have an <a> card in uspsa.-life member.I also shot sillouettes @ won -.22 a tournament in fl. years ago!

Lots of people have the Apex sear and you will definitely like it. My original post in this thread was asking who bought Apex's new trigger and sear set which eliminates much of the overtravel and pretravel.

Got one coming and I'm going to drop it in a 45FS that has a total crap trigger. Assuming it is as advertised and I like it one will be on order for my 40 Pro.

Edited by LtdShooter

So does the new FSS kit render the gun illegal for SSP? Production? For some reason I thought I heard they(Apex) had gotten competition approvals from both IDPA and USPSA.

At this time it will be for ESP guns. Randy said not until Smith installs one of these in a limited production run would it then be legal in the other classes. It would be cool if smith would do that. Does Randy know something he is not telling us??????

Edited by Ty Hamby

He said he was working on it being offered as a factory option or as a special edition. I don't think he's said anything else about it, or if the deal is even official with S&W. It would be sweet if it did get done, but I already shoot my M&P in ESP and sometimes Limited so I don't mind either way.

I ordered the FSS and trigger kit the day I could. It took me over 6 hours but it finally went through. I'm hoping I'll get it by June 3rd so I can work on it that weekend. Even though just bought my 1st M&P and never taken it apart before, so it could be fun, or not :o

From what I've read on Randy's posts, and my notes on it:

The trigger will be 4 lb, but if you use a factory trigger return spring the pull will be around 3 lbs. Using our comp springs ends up being around 2 lbs.

-Randy

I have also read on Mp-Pistol or M4Carbine.net that Apex is also working on a spring that will make the FSS have a 5lb pull, so for those that want to have it as a CCW.

Edited by PC Geek Shooter

• 2 weeks later...

The wait is killing me. I ordered and received a new sear block with the larger spring and plunger and finally got around to installing my RAM so I can be ready for when it comes.

I've got mine on order along with new sights for the new pro 40 I just bought. Hopefully I don't need a new sear block for it. By the way, what is all this about? I'm curious and was hoping I would read something about it but no joy so far.

The older guns have a smaller spring holding the sear in position. Some people have had issues with the trigger not resetting because the small spring is not resetting the sear under the striker during recoil. The new guns have a much heavier sear spring.

Randy also said that because of the geometry of the new sear, this issue may be exacerbated, so it's a good idea to check if you have the upgraded sear spring and plunger.