Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Nationals squad request

HI5-O

Thank you Kim, I know there's a huge amount to do.

Didn't get in with one squad of buddies, but, fortunately, I have a lot of shooting friends, so I am in very good company with more of my favorite people :cheers:

I just checked the Limited/Production squadding page and they have the Ladies Limited and Production Super Squads competing on the same schedule (PM/AM/PM)... That's going to make it a little tough to cover both contests...

I am wondering if these Super Squad schedules are set in stone ??? It would be neat if both Mens/Womens Production Super Squads were on a different schedule to the Limited SuperSquads.

The squads are set that way for several reasons, and won't be changed. With 20-22 stages over 3 or 3 1/2 days, there should be ample opportunity to cover everything. The super squads will finish sequentially on some high point stages, also by design.

Kim - hard question for you. My wife is on the Limited 10 waitlist. If she does get in will we be able to squad together? (I'm already squadded for Open)

It would be nice to shoot together after traveling all that way.

Thanks!

Steve

Kim - hard question for you. My wife is on the Limited 10 waitlist. If she does get in will we be able to squad together? (I'm already squadded for Open)

It would be nice to shoot together after traveling all that way.

Thanks!

Steve

Steve, send me a PM or email with her information, please.

Thanks,

Kim

Should I be worried I haven't made the list yet?

Which list? The self squadding list? If so this is posted on the USPSA Nationals site.

Self Squadding Notes

A couple of notes for self squadding for the 2011 STI USPSA Handgun Nationals

1) If you got your slot from the wait list you might not appear on the squad lists yet. The squad lists will be updated once a week to include wait list people as the entries come in. If you don't see yourself there then please check back next week.

2) We have not squadded any of the super squad folks yet. The match administration has yet to build those squads, but as soon as they do we will start moving those folks into those squads. If those shooters squad themselves elsewhere in the interim they will be moved.

Which list? The self squadding list?

That is the list I was refering to.

1) If you got your slot from the wait list you might not appear on the squad lists yet. The squad lists will be updated once a week to include wait list people as the entries come in. If you don't see yourself there then please check back next week.

This should be it.

Unless you are a wait list competitor being added to the squad lists for the first time, please disregard any email you get from USPSA HQ today regarding squadding. I had a hiccup doing the upload for the week and it went a little wonky for a minute. It's fixed now and there was no lost data, but it did send out some weird emails.

Just giving you all a heads-up.

Kim :)

• 1 month later...

I wonder if squad times going to be posted before registration? Curious which squads shooting the afternoons and what days? Thanks.

Can't access it from where I am, but I'm pretty sure that the Nationals web pages have the squad schedule up.

I wonder if squad times going to be posted before registration? Curious which squads shooting the afternoons and what days? Thanks.

Says it right toward the top of the squadding page. For example, on the Lim/Prod page:

"Squads 1-18 have AM/PM/AM start times over the 3 days of shooting. Squads 19-36 have PM/AM/PM start times."

And on the L-10/Open/Rev page:

"Squads #1-18 have start have AM/PM/AM/PM start times over the 4 days of shooting. Squads 19-36 have PM/AM/PM/AM start times. "

...Now, if you mean exact stage times for each squadding, I assume that eventually there will be a squadding matrix release on the Nationals page, as has been said.