Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Yes Cliff, Rich does need congratulating on his effort in shooting 3 stages on Saturday in rather poor conditions. I was in his squad and it was a pleasure to see him shoot a 2.93 on F&N. He was there before hand in a jacket and gloves to keep warm. His red dot sight had business cards taped over it to keep the rain off the lens.

Light drizzle,cold, plastic bags over the targets...........blowing in the wind and he shoots a 2.93..............brilliant effort.

I wonder what he may have shot in better conditions ?

Pk

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" With bad weather coming, many of the shooters shot their last stages Friday to avoid the rain and cold."

This would have been good for all of us to know. I was contacted by one of my buddies saying that we could shoot in the morning Saturday as we were scheduled to shoot in the afternoon when the weather might be even worse. Some didn't get the message and showed up later. Finishing up on Friday should have been an option for everyone or for none. Other than that everything was fantastic. Had a great time. Our local news did a story about us going to the IRC. Mark

Yes Cliff, Rich does need congratulating on his effort in shooting 3 stages on Saturday in rather poor conditions. I was in his squad and it was a pleasure to see him shoot a 2.93 on F&N. He was there before hand in a jacket and gloves to keep warm. His red dot sight had business cards taped over it to keep the rain off the lens.

Light drizzle,cold, plastic bags over the targets...........blowing in the wind and he shoots a 2.93..............brilliant effort.

I wonder what he may have shot in better conditions ?

Pk

I shot a club match with Rich the Sunday before and was fortunate to see him shoot a - .44 on Far and Near!

Edit to add: Yes that's negative .44

Edited by Brian Gonsalves

What I wonder is what would Josh's score have been if you was shooting limited like last year. He might have given John a run this time. I would like to see that next year.

Yes I am trying to get Josh out of classic.

I saw a picture of someone shooting a rhino for the IRC. How did it perform?

He had trouble getting the gun there, it was lost in transit somewhere. I'm not sure when they got their hands on it. I'm assuming that Georgio finally got it. From the scores it looks like he didn't get to shoot all stages.

There was another guy with a Chiappa (sp). I think it was the son of a gunsmith there. They had one at the vendors tent and they had done some work on the trigger I believe. Son't know ho it was incompetition. later rdd.

I definitely think that if we'd been able to shoot and be done on Friday I would have done a bit better, but would have only gone up a few places.. the brain fart on stage 4 really cost me..

I definitely think that if we'd been able to shoot and be done on Friday I would have done a bit better, but would have only gone up a few places.. the brain fart on stage 4 really cost me..

Mentally, I would have been happier to have shot the standards before the rain and bags but I don't think that it hurt me all that bad. Those targets at 50 are still a little fuzzy even without the bags. :roflol:

I miss the weather, here at home it's been over 100 degrees every day the last week and more to come.