Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Revolver Nationals

JerryShoots

I would like to know what folks think. There has been some writing lately regarding moving Revolver to share their nationals with the Single Stack at PASA. I've heard both points of view and I'd like to get some poll data.

My personal feeling for the record...

The Single Stack nationals are private for a reason. It should stay a devoted 1911 shoot and the wheelguns deserve their own nationals apart from all other divisions. The revolver has earned it's place in shooting and it's time we honor it not shuffle it in with other gun types. It's too hard for a revolver shooter to get a slot which would not be the case if they had their own. Competition would be tougher and more fun because more great shooters would go. Case in point remember the time Rob Leatham ran a revolver? That was a sight to behold. I for one would attend and I would love it!

USPSA was wrong to mess with the SS nats. This slot thing just plain sucks. We should all be able to go and not worry whether we will get to shoot or not. This would shake things up and we would see some darkhorses come out of nowhere which be great. Anyone catch Nils at 2010 limited? What if he hadn't gotten a slot?

The revolver without a slot fight would be a knock down drag out brawl especially in the A, B and M divisions. Stage design would work better if it was meant for the revolver to run it and the Open Limited and Production cats would get a real chance to unwind and just shoot. I personally would literally kill to see Todd Jarret drive a wheelie.

Please vote and post your thoughts folks!

Some revolver shooter should contact Smith and Wesson to see if they will do the same thing for a Revolver National Championship that Springfield Armory does for the SSC.

If so, find a range and run the match.

The USPSA will come along if they don't have anything to do just like they did with the Single Stack Classic.

It (Memphis Charity Challenge) IS the defacto Revolver Nationals.............We have 70+(average) revolvers and have raised $11,000 since the beginning for Childrens Hospitals in Memphis. :D (the most ever at a USPSA nationals is 40) <_<

I'd be glad to talk to the President of USPSA and see what we could come up with. ;)

Hopalong

Shooting a rev as I do about twice a year, I think this would be great. One reason that I believe keeps the number of revo shooters down is the number of mandatory standing reloads at most matches. Revos get 6 and our rules say no more than 8 from a position.This I think makes for less than a fun day. Hopalong, Go for it!

It (Memphis Charity Challenge) IS the defacto Revolver Nationals.............We have 70+(average) revolvers and have raised $11,000 since the beginning for Childrens Hospitals in Memphis. :D (the most ever at a USPSA nationals is 40) <_<

I'd be glad to talk to the President of USPSA and see what we could come up with. ;)

Hopalong

Maybe it won't involve a long distance phone call after the election...cool.gif

I voted no because ICORE runs an outstanding National level event every year. The IRC is a great match devoted to wheel guns. I know it's not USPSA, but I think it fills the need for a platform specific national event very well. Just my .02.

Kevin

When the whole "adding the REVO Nationals to the SS Nationals" conversation was going on, I was thinking that MCC would be so much better a match. Don't know how the whole Charity Match/Nationals Match would mesh, but I am glad to see Hopalong is favorable to the idea.

But does that mean that a 10 stage 1 day match (I assume its still a one day match) would have to expand to a 2/3 day match of 16-21 stages, along with associates costs and work?

Hopalong

+1 sounds good to me

Hopalong

That's what I'm talking about! Let the guys who know wheelies build the match for wheelies. USPSA brass would be foolish to let that opportunity slip away.

I voted no because ICORE runs an outstanding National level event every year. The IRC is a great match devoted to wheel guns. I know it's not USPSA, but I think it fills the need for a platform specific national event very well. Just my .02.

Kevin

ICORE is different. They unlike some other disciplines had the brains to stay out of USPSA. Their match is phenominal but they have their own rules (very very good ones) And USPSA needs to step up and support the revolver shooters that have supported it. ICORE is the "real" revolver game and MCC is the "real" revolver national if not on paper. It makes no sense to put an 8 shot max gun on positions that are made for 10+ may as well make it the flintlock division. Give them a match made for them and they will come. They big guys who NEVER strap on a 45 still fire one up for Single Stack Nats. Open guys, limited guys and production all. What makes anyone think the revolver won't go down the same exact way.d

@ hopalong...

If I can get S&W to say they'll back the MMC as Revolver nationals like Springfield does the Single Stack would that help you guys make it happen?

Thank you all for voting and for sharing your ideas. Keep it up!

(EDIT: Retraction)

In my original post I referred to the USPSA as fools. I in no way intended to offend anyone directly. I was using the word as it is defined not as the insult it has come to be used as. I have edited the post and again apologize if anyone took any offense at my prior statement.

Edited by JerryShoots

Ok, the following sounds like consultant's advice, but well I guess you can guess what I do for a living.....

If Sam is serious .... Make a plan. Get MSSA and USPSA to agree to it. Decide that the 201x Revolver Nationals will be merged with the MCC. List the tasks that are needed and start working towards them. Publish the list. A lot of us might not live near Memphis, but I bet we will help all we can. Some of those tasks might be executable in the MCC matches between now and 201x. I am sure those tasks will include things like match size, participation levels, sponsorship agreements, etc.

Sam's match can stand on its own 2 feet... quite well.

A revolver nationals would be completely propped up by being back to back behind the single stack nationals (not mixed in). If done correctly, it would boost both matches.

Hello: Having the revolver nationals in with the open nationals does not make sence to me :surprise: If anything it should be in with limited 10 and production. I know that leaves limited and open together but why not have 3 nationals and SS as well at different times of the year and different venues? Let local clubs help put them on and also let them share some of the profits? Just a thought. Thanks, Eric

I voted [C]. I thought revolvers were just for shooting snakes because snake shot won't feed in my autos? :P

(God, I love shooting my wheelgun against guys who talk outta their ass like this......)

OK Chad.....are you bringing your limited gun to Area 5 by any chance? Care to put a little friendly wager on it? You with your STI, me with my 625, and we shoot the match heads up? :devil:

The Single Stack Classic was a great match before the USPSA got involved (and they are not that involved now) because enough people wanted to shoot a high quality SS only match.

Revolver fans will need to exhibit the same fervor.

I see no reason for the SSC folks to adjust for revolvers - before, during or after their match. And the USPSA will have little influence, I suspect.