Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

K frames grips

midvalleyshooter

I'm using and like Uncle Mike's grips for my L- and K-frames. No issues with speedloader clearance. I've used Miculek grips too, and don't recall clearance issues with these, either.

BTW, clearance between the cylinder release latch and the speedloader can be pretty tight as well, especially with the old style latch. AFAIK, new and old styles are interchangeable, so switching to a new style can free up some space. SDM sells new and old replacements that are grippier to boot.

I'm using and like Uncle Mike's grips for my L- and K-frames. No issues with speedloader clearance. I've used Miculek grips too, and don't recall clearance issues with these, either.

BTW, clearance between the cylinder release latch and the speedloader can be pretty tight as well, especially with the old style latch. AFAIK, new and old styles are interchangeable, so switching to a new style can free up some space. SDM sells new and old replacements that are grippier to boot.

Are UM grips still available? I do not see them on their website.

Switched the cylinder release latch right after I got my 67. Big difference.

Chuck

Are UM grips still available? I do not see them on their website.

UM stopped making them, but last I checked, you can still find inventoried stock on S&W's site. <note to self> get me another pair or 2 before they all get snagged up </note> <_<

I like wood grips. They look way cooler and they feel nice to the hand. I swap hands during my reloads so I go with a smooth grip on my K frame. I have bought some from the Hogue Auction website. They are great folks to deal with. I found some with the finger grooves, but I didn't want them. The Hogue folks took them off and ground it down to accept speedloaders better. All for the same low price. Jerry Miculke also sells wood grips on his website. Those are my favorite, but I know that not everyone likes them.